BelzBoss

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Puncture Shield

Is it working at all?
Hello,

I've tested it a few times and i didn't noticed any increase of my ranged defense, i heard from some1 it is broken. I would like your inpunt.

Thank you
Advertisement

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedJan 31, 2013 3:46 pm
It's not precisely broken.

It's just not necessarily working as you might expect.

Puncture Shiled (as far as I've worked out) increases "visible ranged defense" by 50% this is not the same as "invisible ranged defence"

Now the only visible ranged defence a player can have is from Marksmans Song, (139) so PShield increases the ranged defence when you are buffed by a ranged ton by about 70.

70 defence isn't much at all when hunters/archers can hit well into 5 digit crits on toons.

Needless to say I have reskilled and removed this skill

What would probably fix this issue, is if they made ranged defence a visible stat on the stats screeen, then I would bet my bottom dollar PS would increase that number by 50% as clearly defense does have "some" effect on ranged physical DPS, it's just not much I think

BelzBoss

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2013 10:27 pm
Thank you for the input, i will lose it. And how about vitality dex training?

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 01, 2013 6:22 am
BelzBoss wrote:
Thank you for the input, i will lose it. And how about vitality dex training?  

I have that currently, though that was more for my DEX build. For it to be useful you HAVE to max it (then it takes into account you gear DEX too) it doesn't take into account Agility at all though