How are you liking DK Online so far? (please select and leave feedback below)

Great!
18%23 Votes
Good Game - I have suggestions for improvement
49%62 Votes
Okay Game - I have suggestions for improvement
30%38 Votes
Not my type of game
2%3 Votes
Total Votes :: 126 Votes

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 02, 2013 7:30 am

Re: PVE

katsifos wrote:
Well it is a nice game but i woud love to see some pve in it didnt go far in it still lvl 15 but i think it coud be a dungeon instance whatever so far to party up and have some pve fun, also i think shoud be some end game instances or even, raids with a small amount of ppl like 8 or 10 wich is gonna give a sweet pve touch in the game, never liked a hardcore pve game like raid with 40 or 25 ppl but i guess a 10 man dungeon or party instances will be lot of fun, also ppl will go some pve building, there shoud be a method also swaping from a skill build to another so ppl can both pve and swap to pvp build to pvp. Co-op pve is rly fun if it is to be pure pvp in high-end game it can be rly borring. Smile  

Just read the first sentence in which you mentioned you want more PvE and you're still Lv15. Get to lv30 and you'll get enough PvE, as the Experience Gap increases drastically.

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]
Advertisement

katsifos

Rank 0
katsifos
PostedFeb 02, 2013 11:15 am

ok

ok then that sounds good Smile just mentioned my lvl coz had no clue what is going on after lvl 15 but since there is thats gr8 Smile

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 02, 2013 9:51 pm
Something that I want to point out is;

We already have our biggest example of Player Feedback that has led to a loss of game potential:

Boss Spawn times.

Emphlant Vouchers come purely from killing bosses.
They are nontradeable.
400 are required to get the best weapon currently in the game.

In less than two weeks of Open Beta, a player has already farmed this weapon.

Why? Because players complained about the spawn time on bosses.

They used to be 2 hour spawns, which result in 12 spawns a day, and 5 bosses per map area dropped vouchers (60 potential vouchers a day at maximum, possibly ksed/taken by someone else).

Now, after the player complaint, spawn times on all bosses are 10 minutes. That's 1/12 the time it used to take to spawn.

Result: There is no long term content left in this game to drive you to play for more than 1-2 months. You can acquire the content all in 2 weeks. On the old Spawn time, it would take 13 weeks to accomplish.

And then, what is the point in acquiring it, if pvp is dead?

Another example of failure:
Making Ledise/Raden Vouchers Tradeable.
I know alot of players wanted this, but atm it requires zero effort to get a shop created ultimate weapon. Buy 10-40 other players Vouchers, and viola: you have one of the game's top weapons. And on top of that, that means in 40 days, EVERYONE would have one.

MMO's were not designed to be conquered in 2 weeks. They were designed to engross players for months if not years.

We really need to find that line, where Player Wants = Player Needs = Developer Designed Supply (market Equilibrium at Economies of Scale), instead of following this wrecked course of Player Wants =/= Player Needs, but do = Developer Designed Supply.

The grind is also very easy. So easy in fact, that we had max levels in a week. A Week! Isn't the point of a game, to have something to do?

If we're max level in 1 week, max weaponed in 2 weeks, our Best Armor comes from a Quest,

What is left, except trying to link gear over and over while runes break, waiting for nonexistent pvp, that occurs because it is "Optional" and well, one faction is "Opting Out?"

I really hope these things are addressed, because at the current momentum, I can foresee the game losing majority community interest in 2 months and getting shut down. Unless, ofc, you can supply 100% player turnover rates every 2 months ....

PS: I do not consider additions to the item mall a Game balancer, or a Primary focus for player retention. If anything, it has the opposite effect. While AP will allow us to better maximize our gear, it will also allow us to do it faster, and it will create the P2W atmosphere most MMO players hate. The changes we need are mechanic based changes.

Scalinger2

Rank 0
Scalinger2
PostedFeb 03, 2013 12:19 pm
Another thing about pvp that someone reminded me, Dione has a teleporter in Halland but we don't get one in Evene, which brings us at a major disadvantage, they can just tp ppl over for a rush and we have to run a good while.

Rekikyo wrote:
If we're max level in 1 week, max weaponed in 2 weeks, our Best Armor comes from a Quest,

Which level quest? I'm interested. lol

Giovanna_X

Giovanna_X
PostedFeb 03, 2013 12:45 pm
Scalinger2 wrote:
Another thing about pvp that someone reminded me, Dione has a teleporter in Halland but we don't get one in Evene, which brings us at a major disadvantage, they can just tp ppl over for a rush and we have to run a good while.  

You realize you can teleport to Evene, don't you?

Scalinger2

Rank 0
Scalinger2
PostedFeb 03, 2013 12:57 pm
Giovanna_X wrote:

You realize you can teleport to Evene, don't you?  
Yes, but we can't tp to halland. They can port to our spawn point but we can't port to theirs.

--Another thing, I find the targeting system odd. It cycles between a couple of the nearest entities. I think it would make things easier if there was a button that would only target nearest and one that cycles through all, I tend to target something far away when I just want to target what's in front of me w/o having to click on it(because sometimes stuff is in the way, in pvp I would be able to run on top of said entity and press target nearest and not have it target someone far away).

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 03, 2013 3:06 pm
Scalinger2 wrote:

Rekikyo wrote:

Which level quest? I'm interested. lol  

Since only one guild that I know of knows about it yet, I'll let the cat out of the bag: You get a 'Set' Epic (4 Slot) level 40 from quests. Not only is it 4 slot, and Epic, It also has about 5 extra bonuses, like added attack power, movement speed, cast/attack speed, resource regen.

Scalinger2

Rank 0
Scalinger2
PostedFeb 03, 2013 5:13 pm
Rekikyo wrote:

Since only one guild that I know of knows about it yet, I'll let the cat out of the bag: You get a 'Set' Epic (4 Slot) level 40 from quests. Not only is it 4 slot, and Epic, It also has about 5 extra bonuses, like added attack power, movement speed, cast/attack speed, resource regen.  
Are you serious? I feel when they give away too many free things(gift codes, ap items and special items in general) it makes the game really lame. I would rather we have to work harder for such important things! :p

It makes it feel like we're still in a fake testing phase.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 03, 2013 5:59 pm
Scalinger2 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

Are you serious? I feel when they give away too many free things(gift codes, ap items and special items in general) it makes the game really lame. I would rather we have to work harder for such important things! :p

Erm since when are quests AP items?

This set is part of the content, but it pretty much makes farmed sets obsolete.

Giovanna_X

Giovanna_X
PostedFeb 03, 2013 6:10 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Scalinger2 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:

Erm since when are quests AP items?

This set is part of the content, but it pretty much makes farmed sets obsolete.  

Not till you finish that quest, by which time you're near the current cap anyway.