How are you liking DK Online so far? (please select and leave feedback below)

Great!
18%23 Votes
Good Game - I have suggestions for improvement
49%62 Votes
Okay Game - I have suggestions for improvement
30%38 Votes
Not my type of game
2%3 Votes
Total Votes :: 126 Votes

Reaps989

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2013 12:35 pm
A few changes really, let's go over a few.

Stats

• Con is far to viable of a stat currently while Wis is a close second in most cases, outside of Warrior/Paladin of course.

Skill Cooldowns

• There are far to many skills with above 3m CD with 30 second durations tops, most of which are 5m+. They should all be reduced to 3/4 minutes, at least. The 10m CD skills, if they aren't changed need to be groundbreaking. (Nature's Aspect being a good example of one)

20%-30% HP Requirement Passives

• Should be changed to 40% or 50% and lower HP to attain passives, then they'd be more reasonable for their investment.

Armor

• Defense/Dodge/MR : These stats need to be reworked completely. Heavier Armor should have a good lead on cloth armor on defense, but less on magic resistance/dodge. Obviously, dodge for archer's armor once they come out should be the highest at that point.
  • Enhancement : While I enjoy the fact that upgrades are weak enough to not be gamebreaking when it comes to fighting someone with vastly higher gear, the helmet/gloves/boots need to have their armor upped by at least 1 on each piece per upgrade. It's a bit insane to only get +2 armor per upgrade.

Paladin

• Wis - The scaling is to low, it should be better per point on mpr/mp than Warrior's scaling
  • Strength of the God - The cooldown is far to long and the heal is ineffective for it's SP investment. I recommend just giving them SM's small heal but on a longer CD.
  • Spirit Training - Really? +15% mana? You get 5 mp and 1 mpr per wis, this passive needs one Hard of a rework to even be considered legit.
  • Avatar - Needs to heal for the extra HP/MP granted, even then it's CD is far to long.

Warrior

• Once armor is reworked as stated above, this class will be fine. It's DPS is godlike if geared properly. Sadly, can't buff it's defense outside of that due to +15% active HP buff and +20% Passive HP buffer. I would, however, state compared to other "support" trees (right) they are slightly lacking. However, they gain CC and CC removal, so they are fine in almost every regard.

Sorc

• Their damage needs to scale better from Magic Attack, currently they hurt but this is hardly able to be compared to SM's healing + damage currently.

SM

• Critical Heal - Needs a 5 second cooldown timer, the mana cost reduced by at least 25% or greater to make up for this. This is a huge reason SM's are extremely powerful early on, most of which just abuse this power.
  • Spectral Knight Aspect - Either needs it's tooltip better defined, or it needs a buff if it reduced total time of CC. As tested multiple times, the most obvious being Sorc's Root/Bind which reduced time held by .6 (As default time is 9.5, not 9 seconds as the tooltip stats) at rank 3/3. On most other forms of crowd control, the difference between 1/3 and 3/3 is almost impossible to notice. Update it's tooltip, or fix the skill.
  • Mephisto's Thorn - Needs to be moved to the left tree at the final tier slot (24 SP unlock) which will prevent DPS builds from getting Crital Heal unless they skill on some of the extra damage.
  • Poison Arrow/Cloud - Same as MT, both need to be moved to the left tree. The right side should be support, you'll see what I'm saying shortly.
  • All Aspects - Need to be moved to the right tree, however you will have to move their tier upgrades to allow proper upgrading again. Most likely to make up for what I'm about to do with DM/MotS.
  • Death's Mantle and Mark of the Shade - Move them both one tier down each, but require 3/3 MotS to unlock DM. Thus, if they wish to support or be tanky, they must lose DPS.
  • Mana Drain - Move to the left side of the tree, thus removing it's requirement from Soul Burn. Instead, attach it to Sacrafice as an unlock.
  • Banshee's Scream - I still feel this should be on the right side of the tree, as it's CC that doesn't overpower the "Support" build itself. However, I moved all 5 Aspects there for I felt I needed to justify it with 5 skills. If they could keep it under the support part of their tree, it would at least give the support tree something other than buff/heal/mana nuke.

For an example, which doesn't have to be taken as the "final" setup, I did this in a few second of my failtastic paint skillz. You will have to click it to see exactly, but that's an example. My only "downside" I see is forcing SMs to take SK Aspect, as it hardly does it's job if the GM stated the truth about it reducing CC.

Edit : As for any "SM Nerf" posts, honestly SMs kill the slowest compared to other classes. Properly balance Heavy Armor and it won't be so easy mode pre-30 for SMs.
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 31, 2013 12:58 pm
@ Reaps:

-You need to be more specific on Con/Wis.

Con only gives 18 hp/1.5 hp regen on an SM, 15 hp,/1,5 HP Regen on a Sorceress, so its effect on them is very low.
The reverse is true for warrior/Paladin, who get low MP Regen/amounts from wis, but high HP/HP regen from Con.

Skill Cooldowns: I'm guessing you are referring to paladins SMs only have one long cooldown, and Sorcs only have one long cooldown, and I don't know enough about warrior to voice an opinion. Nature's Apect in my opinion is a fairly balanced skill right now.

Armor:
The Armor in CB was much worse than it is now. Melee/Heavy Armor had like 220 defense/230 Dodge while Cloth Armor had 102 defense/235 Dodge. In other words, melee had the best of both worlds.

Your suggestion is very ill advised and useless in most occasions btw, as Level 40 weapons have 1000 accuracy at a fixed rate. If you create a 150 dodge armor/300 defense armor, and a 300 dodge armor/150 defense armor, all you will succeed in doing is creating an undying class with 1400-1600 dodge, vs a class that has undying defense. What we have works fine, because in pvp, Dodge and Defense play such a small role.

SM:
-SM's can't even use critical heal early on. And, it consumes a HUGE amount of MP. Using it results in bad MP management no matter what build you use.
-I disagree with moving mephisto to the left. if you do that I can assure you I slaughter you even faster. Most SM's don't even use critical heal (your justification). We purely use Heal. By doing this you ensure that a player can get every big damage skill PLUS heals PLUS all 4 dots.
-I generally disagree with messing with SM. It's the balanced class. Other classes need buffed. Your suggestions all focus on nerfing it/making it unplayable. Nty.

Reaps989

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2013 1:46 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
@ Reaps:

-You need to be more specific on Con/Wis.

Con only gives 18 hp/1.5 hp regen on an SM, 15 hp,/1,5 HP Regen on a Sorceress, so its effect on them is very low.
The reverse is true for warrior/Paladin, who get low MP Regen/amounts from wis, but high HP/HP regen from Con.

Skill Cooldowns: I'm guessing you are referring to paladins SMs only have one long cooldown, and Sorcs only have one long cooldown, and I don't know enough about warrior to voice an opinion. Nature's Apect in my opinion is a fairly balanced skill right now.

Armor:
The Armor in CB was much worse than it is now. Melee/Heavy Armor had like 220 defense/230 Dodge while Cloth Armor had 102 defense/235 Dodge. In other words, melee had the best of both worlds.

Your suggestion is very ill advised and useless in most occasions btw, as Level 40 weapons have 1000 accuracy at a fixed rate. If you create a 150 dodge armor/300 defense armor, and a 300 dodge armor/150 defense armor, all you will succeed in doing is creating an undying class with 1400-1600 dodge, vs a class that has undying defense. What we have works fine, because in pvp, Dodge and Defense play such a small role.

SM:
-SM's can't even use critical heal early on. And, it consumes a HUGE amount of MP. Using it results in bad MP management no matter what build you use.
-I disagree with moving mephisto to the left. if you do that I can assure you I slaughter you even faster. Most SM's don't even use critical heal (your justification). We purely use Heal. By doing this you ensure that a player can get every big damage skill PLUS heals PLUS all 4 dots.
-I generally disagree with messing with SM. It's the balanced class. Other classes need buffed. Your suggestions all focus on nerfing it/making it unplayable. Nty.  

• Cooldowns - Multiple 3m+ CD on paladin, multiple 5m+ on Warrior, believe there is one on Sorc, and only one 10m on SM. Most of which are nice without a doubt, but 5+ minutes it a bit harsh for a few moments. SM's regen is "legit", no doubt, but I will not advocate a skill with 10m CD when I can spend the SP getting Healer/Soul Burn/Mana Drain.

• When compared to int, it's quite a big difference in where you can focus your runes. 15-18 HP isn't a laughing matter when a warrior only gets 20 per con. It adds up, while you "could" go int you are basically killing stats you could invest into runes. I can give the following examples for you.

All Classes
    41 Dex - 205 dodge/accuracy - Could use at minor boost, obviously would change if it got to insane.
    41 Str - 41 atk, 20.5 crit - Could use at least double it's current effects.

Sorc
    41 Con - 615 HP, 61.5 hpr
    41 Int - 246 Mag Atk, 20.5 mag crit - Could use a minor buff, isn't as bad as str/dex.
    41 Wis - 2050 MP, 102.5 mpr

SM
    41 Con - 738 HP, 41 hpr
    41 Int - 246 Mag Atk, 20.5 mag crit - Could use a minor buff, isn't as bad as str/dex.
    41 Wis - 1640 MP, 61.5 mpr

Warrior
    41 Con - 820, 205 hpr
    41 Wis - 205 MP, 205 mpr (Not that I would recommend going Wis on a warrior, however this should be how Paladin's scale)

Paladin
    41 Con - 1230 HP, 82 hpr
    41 Wis - 205 MP, 41 mpr

• Armor : I never stated buffing it to the point where they are "unkillable", more-so of perks here and there. I never gave hard numbers, nor did I state "I want untouchable dodge or unmatchable defense.". I stated, buffing it slightly to improve the 1-30 grind which isn't hard to do.

• Crit Heal - Yes, they can't get crit heal early on but this isn't the factor where they are "OP". When I can constantly sustain myself with heal and pop a crit heal when I am finally primary, without cooldown afterwards so I don't have to worry for the next burst or if I may have just used it on an ally which again doesn't matter due to no cooldown. Managing my mana is easy, spamming crit heal is of course going to derp it out. However, I can easily use it 3-4 times before that issue happens.

• Mephisto's Thorn - I assure you that you won't slaughter me faster, and currently you can get all the DoT's while still having large nukes. Unless you've forgotten, it takes 25 to get 1 point into MT which then leaves you with 17. This allows you to get everything except for the paralyze and final nuke on the left tree. While, yes that skill does impressive damage you still are able to stack 4 DoT's and cycle through other nukes.

• "Unplayable" - Is a strong word, afterall the only thing it would do it make players more focused into DPS rather than doing everything. Currently, you have no "trade-off". It's either ??/11 or ??/19+. The thing it "would" do is make the class more defined in it's roles like other classes.

I would have posted points per level, but it's not hard to divide by 41 is it? I will not deny an SM that is a DoT spec has less DPS, until DoT's are all out, than any other class. This means they have a ramp up time and in most cases will never catch up. They have good sustained DPS and sustained HPS, the issue is it can do it to well in the right hands.

If "Mana" was a problem, my groups would die more often. Sacrifice and Mana Drain along with potions all cover any "mana issues" I have. That's 500 mana in 1s, the next is more-so to hurt the enemies mana as I only have 1 point into it while still healing 40 of my own. However, this isn't the tread for that Very Happy

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedJan 31, 2013 3:14 pm   Last edited by Bryan.Fury on Feb 04, 2013 1:36 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Re: Producer Blog - January 30, 2013

So OBT is here... Now what?
Aeria.North wrote:
What would you like to see in DK?

The DK team is committed to making this game an extremely positive experience. We want your feedback on how we can improve the game. We are working on designing systems, items, and class optimization to really make DK a highly valued play experience for you all. I mean ... what good would DK Online be without all its Dragon Knights?

Please leave your feedback in this thread. Taz, Ebil, Dropkick, and I will be carefully reviewing all comments and even directly chatting with some of you about your crazy / insane / awesome / dope / cool / etc. ideas!  

Ok, here are all my suggestions until now, so instead of copy and paste everything (that will be just a lot of chaos) i will just link them:

[Stats] How they should work?
[Shields] How they should work?
[Enchant System] How it should work?
[PvP & Siege System] How they should work?
[Debuffs] How they should work?
[Clan/Guild Skills] How they should work?
[Stats Names] How they should be?
[RvR System] How it should work?
[Debuffs Stacking] How it should work?

krankenhaus

Rank 0
krankenhaus
PostedJan 31, 2013 3:56 pm
Fix the Warrior Skill Damage
Ich make more Damage with Autoattack, the Skillanimation is too long.
The right tree need one general revision.
It is completely useless, since we do not harm, nor do we have more defense.
Left tree attack, right defense. not this ****

krankenhaus

Rank 0
krankenhaus
PostedJan 31, 2013 4:28 pm
Why is something here **** about the SM, the lot is too weak?
You are too powerful, you can defend everything, heal, and do damage.
What is your problem?
The Warrior is the weakest class in the game, because we can only make 1 to 1.
Your SM runs and spamt your poison, you do not need to make more.
We warriors have the a s s card here

richard321

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2013 4:33 pm
Friends list: Instead of just a list of names, it'd be helpful to at least know what level or possible what job/race they are. I'd at least like to know who I'm partying.

Camera: Arrow keys should be able to operate camera. There should be the possibility of playing this game without a mouse. Also camera rotation speed should be increased; at 100% it is still too slow.

FPS: Aside from the issue of shops in town lagging everyone, this issue also needs to be addressed in RvR. The large number of players make it almost impossible for some to attend and even if you don't attend, RvR causes lag in other parts of the world.

000Ace000

Rank 0
000Ace000
PostedJan 31, 2013 6:28 pm
krankenhaus wrote:
We warriors have the a s s card here  

Just a notice, this is a german speaking, so even if you translate it, most wont understand it ^^

juriezzamora

Rank 0
juriezzamora
PostedJan 31, 2013 7:21 pm
For those who think that SMs are buffed...NO, not really. Yes they are OP but only at early levels (the 2 poison skills right?), but when it comes to higher levels specially in level 30+ the poison skills are kind of become weak and useless SPECIALLY to the PURE RIGHT SIDE build or to the PURE BUFFS & HEAL build. What will they use if they want to solo grind when there are no parties to find? If you nerf the DoT, for those SM builds, mob grinding even just the kangol outlanders will take forever.

For Warriors and Sorceress, I think it will be under the issue of the STR and INT. I agree that adding these stats should increase the attack and magic attack drastically (but not the Crit and Magic Crit I believe as there are runes to make up for it). As far as I know adding 1 int increases the 'Magic Attack' by 6. But that 6 is not enough to increase the total damage of the skill, really. I don't know about STR but I think they should really add some increase in attacks for it.

As for CON...yes, it should be + Defense (just a bit I think)

and as for DEX(who use this build NOW anyways)...should be +Attackspeed I think or -Casting time.

(nevermind the WIS Im a high pots user anyways lol...though the toggle skill of my SM hurts my mana..and I don't know about other builds or jobs)

Reaps989

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2013 7:27 pm
krankenhaus wrote:
Fix the Warrior Skill Damage
Ich make more Damage with Autoattack, the Skillanimation is too long.
The right tree need one general revision.
It is completely useless, since we do not harm, nor do we have more defense.
Left tree attack, right defense. not this ****  

So...

+15% HP Party Buff
+20% HP pasisve
4-8 second root
Slow
Block change buff
Complete CC removal with 10-30 second immunity

All of those are worthless, right? Very Happy

Sorry had to poke fun, I admit the rest of the skills in that tree are pretty much not worth it in their current state. The group movement speed would be nice...