How are you liking DK Online so far? (please select and leave feedback below)

Great!
18%23 Votes
Good Game - I have suggestions for improvement
49%62 Votes
Okay Game - I have suggestions for improvement
30%38 Votes
Not my type of game
2%3 Votes
Total Votes :: 126 Votes

Aeria.North

Aeria: Product Manager
Aeria.North
PostedJan 30, 2013 4:13 am

Producer Blog - January 30, 2013

So OBT is here... Now what?
Like us on Facebook!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - So OBT is here... Now what?  

Welcome to the second week of OBT Knights,

We've had an eventful couple weeks of OBT and are working hard at analyzing the results and releasing an even better game! This producer blog will be a little more generic this time - we're mainly doing this to get a better gauge of your opinion on the game.

Thanks for playing and please answer the poll and leave feedback about your experiences below. Also, ask us questions that we can answer for you in the next blog!
PM North

PVP Update - You like player killing, we like player killing Smile

We're noticing two major issues in the OBT pertaining to PVP - 1) users are experiencing a fair bit of lag when in CS and RvR; 2) Realm Balance; 3) PvP Event Frequency/Timing. Realm balance is a touchy subject as it seems one of our realms is super active while the other is not as active at the moment. We are working on creating systems to balance realm populations while we work on ways to make RvR participation easier on the player and more rewarding. One common thing mentioned by you all is the length of RvR. We are taking this into consideration in our feedback to our developers!

We also noticed some of you mention that PvP events like Castle Siege and Realm vs. Realm do not occur at optimal hours for all time zones. We are working on creating a more robust schedule that allows for participation of a variety of time zones and will be working on creating a solid rotation of these types of events to further improve participation!

Finally, we can talk about the lag. Lag sucks! We're working hard at working with the developers to optimize the client so that some of lag spikes some users are experiencing can be resolved. We are currently testing our latest build and will likely have some form of solution deployed to our live servers soon. In the meantime, any feedback you can provide will be immensely helpful in tackling this issue permanently. Leave your Dxdiag in the following thread and we'll review your details.

Leave DxDiag files here

Botters and Spammers

These guys have got something coming to them... real soon! *evil grin* Twisted Evil  

What would you like to see in DK?

The DK team is committed to making this game an extremely positive experience. We want your feedback on how we can improve the game. We are working on designing systems, items, and class optimization to really make DK a highly valued play experience for you all. I mean ... what good would DK Online be without all its Dragon Knights?

Please leave your feedback in this thread. Taz, Ebil, Dropkick, and I will be carefully reviewing all comments and even directly chatting with some of you about your crazy / insane / awesome / dope / cool / etc. ideas!  

Advertisement

ryesan

Rank 0
PostedJan 30, 2013 4:31 am

slow attack

suggestion
can you make attack a lil faster?
skill followed by normal attack was takin 0.03 secs
make it a lil faster please..

smileybee

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
smileybee
PostedJan 30, 2013 4:43 am
I notice you didn't mention about changes in the classes. Does that mean it is finalized?

I've been playing Sorceress for the pass few days, and I've noticed that with out the Defense Buff on the Right side of the Skill Tree. Sorceress is rather squishy. New players, who want to make an sorceress, would have a very hard time playing it.
~

When using defense buff or defense runes, I've noticed that it doesn't add to the defense stat under Character, but I can tell that it was working because I was more resilient than usual. Are we going to see our real defense stat someday?
~

Also, is the affect from increasing stat like STR and INT going to change?

They barely adds any attack or magic attack to players. Player are better off putting their stats in DEX, WIS, CON at the moment.

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedJan 30, 2013 4:44 am
Hey there north, I might add a longer post later but here are some of the community's opinions regarding the state of the games pvp. Here

smileybee

smileybee
PostedJan 30, 2013 4:46 am

Re: slow attack

suggestion
ryesan wrote:
can you make attack a lil faster?
skill followed by normal attack was takin 0.03 secs
make it a lil faster please..  

Talk to Lena in Ledise/Raden/Emt

She will give you +200% Attack and Casting Speed for 1 hour. You can do it as much as you want no cool down, but it doesn't stacks.

Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
PostedJan 30, 2013 4:48 am   Last edited by Extra0rdinary on Jan 30, 2013 5:05 am. Edited 1 time in total

Re: Producer Blog - January 30, 2013

List of things I feel needing improvement:
1. FPS rates.
Not only in RvR, but in general. Yes, I've covered this many times in other posts / in the shout box / just about everywhere. But this is a big issue and it can be considered a game breaking bug. I feel at this point I don't even need to delve deeper into this.

2. Fixing stats.
Currently INT and STR are near useless and aren't even worth putting stat points into. I would recommend finding a better formula for these two stats.

Then there is the matter of what stats do. Currently only having Con affect HP and HP Regen, yeah it's fine but I have a few issues. The first, is that it should also improve defense. How much defense is debatable, but it should be affected by Con.

I have similar issues with WIS. WIS only affects MP and MP Regen, again that's fine. However, it should affect heals, and not INT. INT should be focused solely on M-ATTACK and M-CRIT and ALSO affect MP / MP Regen slightly. Then having WIS focused on Healing skills, MP and MP Regen.

3. Riding a mount without weapons?
I'm not sure how many people have realized, but if you try to equip a mount without a weapon equipped, you will be unable to do so. While yes, it is a minimal thing and it doesn't even matter. I just feel like it's a silly requirement to do so.

4. Attacking without weapons?
Again it's not that important, but currently you're unable to attack without a weapon equipped. At the very least this should be waved for the magic classes. It's not really "necessary" to have a weapon equipped to cast a spell. And yes, this is also a silly thing to be finicky about, but just wanted to point this out.

smileybee

smileybee
PostedJan 30, 2013 5:03 am

I'm not sure how many people have realized, but if you try to equip a mount without a weapon equipped, you will be unable to do so. While yes, it is a minimal thing and it doesn't even matter. I just feel like it's a silly requirement to do so.  

You cannot use a poppet without weapon.
also a dumb requirement.

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedJan 30, 2013 5:10 am

Extra0rdinary wrote:

List of things I feel needing improvement:
1. FPS rates.
Not only in RvR, but in general. Yes, I've covered this many times in other posts / in the shout box / just about everywhere. But this is a big issue and it can be considered a game breaking bug. I feel at this point I don't even need to delve deeper into this.

2. Fixing stats.
Currently INT and STR are near useless and aren't even worth putting stat points into. I would recommend finding a better formula for these two stats.

Then there is the matter of what stats do. Currently only having Con affect HP and HP Regen, yeah it's fine but I have a few issues. The first, is that it should also improve defense. How much defense is debatable, but it should be affected by Con.

I have similar issues with WIS. WIS only affects MP and MP Regen, again that's fine. However, it should affect heals, and not INT. INT should be focused solely on M-ATTACK and M-CRIT and ALSO affect MP / MP Regen slightly. Then having WIS focused on Healing skills, MP and MP Regen.

4. Attacking without weapons?
Again it's not that important, but currently you're unable to attack without a weapon equipped. At the very least this should be waved for the magic classes. It's not really "necessary" to have a weapon equipped to cast a spell. And yes, this is also a silly thing to be finicky about, but just wanted to point this out.

1, 3, and 4, absolutely.

2 is a major sticking point; ShadowMage class chat will go into debate mode whenever anyone asks where they should put their stat points. This debate has several factors (some are fine, since different skillsets are available to choose from and character builds can vary greatly), not least of which are the currently rather low benefits gained from adding stat points to INT.

Further in relation to 3: Why do the 24-hour Dreadsteeds move faster than permanent Blue Tiger mounts gained from quests? Indeed, why do some unbuffed and unpotted toons on foot keep pace with (or even, occasionally, outrun) me on my Blue Tiger? This was not the case before OB. The nerfing of perm mount speed is uncalled for.

Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
PostedJan 30, 2013 5:20 am

Giovanna_X wrote:

1, 3, and 4, absolutely.

2 is a major sticking point; ShadowMage class chat will go into debate mode whenever anyone asks where they should put their stat points. This debate has several factors (some are fine, since different skillsets are available to choose from and character builds can vary greatly), not least of which are the currently rather low benefits gained from adding stat points to INT.

Further on 3: Why do the 24-hour Dreadsteeds move faster than permanent Blue Tiger mounts gained from quests? Indeed, why do some unbuffed and unpotted toons on foot keep pace with (or even, occasionally, outrun) me on my Blue Tiger? The nerfing of perm mount speed is uncalled for.

The dreadsteeds move faster because they have a higher move speed rate. I think the perm mount speed has been kept the same, just faster mounts are being introduced. But I do agree the perm mounts need to be a bit faster.

smileybee

smileybee
PostedJan 30, 2013 5:52 am

Extra0rdinary wrote:
Giovanna_X wrote:

1, 3, and 4, absolutely.

Further on 3: Why do the 24-hour Dreadsteeds move faster than permanent Blue Tiger mounts gained from quests? Indeed, why do some unbuffed and unpotted toons on foot keep pace with (or even, occasionally, outrun) me on my Blue Tiger? The nerfing of perm mount speed is uncalled for.

The dreadsteeds move faster because they have a higher move speed rate. I think the perm mount speed has been kept the same, just faster mounts are being introduced. But I do agree the perm mounts need to be a bit faster.  

I'm waiting to get that perm mount..... -take out wallet-