Chaotix453

Rank 1
Chaotix453
PostedJan 30, 2013 12:55 am

Gear levelling

A-boop-shiggle-diddly-pop-wop
Popping out of my lime-cave to ask a question

In Eden Eternal, gear EXP can be used to increase attributes on a piece of gear

In Another game which will remain unnamed, you can channel exp to level up a piece of gear, increasing its stats and providing other bonuses.

My question being - Will we be able to level up gear in Lime Odyssey?

(P.S. - I will pay you lots of money for moon jump boots. I swear)

Advertisement

RockmanZXZ

Rank 2
RockmanZXZ
PostedJan 30, 2013 1:12 am
Nope, currently there is no such feature.

However, when you get equipment it comes with some STATIC stats and some RANDOM stats that are set to it. (Kinda like DIABLO 3)

You can also attach CARDS to equipments that have slots for such cards.

Cards drop from enemies and gathering spots and can enhance a weapons ability.
There are a lot of different effects that come through cards (ever played Ragnarok Online?)

As far as customizing goes thats it for now, however, since we can create weapons with our
live classes it might later be possible to add optional items to a weapon-recipe to further enhance the result you get when creating the weapon.

The game isnt out yet, EE is now around for quite some time....I am pretty sure the staff behind LO will come up with some nice things once the game is available Smile

notIyeru

Rank 0
notIyeru
PostedJan 30, 2013 2:00 am
Costumes may also have stats on them, so it may be possible to attach cards to them in the future, though this is unknown. Most costumes, however, can be gotten rarely from monster kills and gathering. (But, there's a twist. Only life class costumes are gotten from gathering, while battle class costumes are gotten from monster kills.)

Life class stats on costumes are only for life classes, and vice versa. However, the stat increases aren't that big, and the same costumes drop later on too, so don't expect higher level costumes with bigger stats soon.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedJan 31, 2013 12:34 pm
To be honest the card system kinda makes something like gear leveling rather useless or too much of an addition.

Card combining/synthesis/etc. etc is what makes gear more powerful.
To obtain cards it usually requires a lot of gathering/killing. Pretty much the same thing as putting exp into gear, since you're grinding for the card.

The difference is, with cards you have much more control over the stats, and there could be things like elemental attributes and more. So really, the card system is all that's needed.

This is added to the fact, like rockman said, gears that are dropped have both static and randomized stats.

But who knows, Cykan may continue to develop new and amazing features.

Emyst

Rank 1
Emyst
PostedFeb 04, 2013 5:20 am
It would be cool if the cards had active effects that would benefit the owner in pvp - 50% attack speed reduction after next attack or something like that.