TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 29, 2013 11:55 am   Last edited by TheNinjaKitten on Jul 26, 2013 12:31 pm. Edited 19 times in total

[Guide] Battlegrounds, Rank Points and Dog Tags, Oh My!

[Updated: July 26]
General

Skip To: Rank Points/Dog Tags/Medals, Battlegrounds

What are the Battlegrounds (BGs)?
    A series of zoned PvP maps with objectives where you fight the opposing faction to gain various rewards.

What can be gained from BGS?
    • Entering the BG Yields:
      A repeatable quest or quests to complete during the BG that reward Experience.
    • Killing an Enemy Player Yields:
      Experience, Rank Points, Dog Tag, and occasionally a General Supply Box.
    • Killing an Enemy NPC, Box or Tower Yields:
      A variety of misc items. These misc items include both common and rare ones such as potions, passcards, scanners, mechs, cyberskins, enhancement shards, lingerie, and more.
    • Completing the BG Yields:
      Additional rewards based on your Contribution points and Victory or Defeat.

When are BGs held?
    They begin every hour on the hour, give or take a couple minutes depending on your level bracket.
    There are 2 different maps (Janus and Turnpike) that are rotated every hour. This means the same map will only be played once every 2 hours. There is an addition map (Al Kasava) that is only played once every Saturday at 12pm PDT.
    If you are under level 20, you are only allowed to participate in the Janus map and it will be played every hour.

How do I join a BG?
    You must be at least level 15.
    You may queue (aka Register) for a BG 5 minutes before the hour, again give or take a couple minutes depending on your level bracket.
    When you are able to register, a red fist icon will appear above your skill bars. Clicking this icon will automatically register you for the BG.

You can also register by bringing up the Battle menu (press T) and clicking the Register button at the bottom.
    Through this same menu you can un-register and register groups.

If you have succesfully registered, 1 of 2 things will happen when it comes time for the BG to start:

1. You will get a popup window to confirm you'd like to enter the BG.

2. You will get a message stating the BG's capacity has been filled so you may not enter.

Registering is based on first come, first serve. If you want to make sure you get in, be quick to register when it's time.

How are the BGs fairly maintained?
    BGs are based on the following brackets:
    Levels 15-19 (Janus Only)
    Levels 20-24 (Janus and Turnpike)
    Levels 25-29 (Janus and Turnpike)
    Levels 30-34 (Janus, Turnpike and Al Kasava)
    Levels 35-36 (Janus, Turnpike, Al Kasava, and Nuclear Bunker)
    Levels 37-38 (Janus, Turnpike, Al Kasava, and Nuclear Bunker)
    Levels 39-39 (Janus, Turnpike, Al Kasava, and Nuclear Bunker)

There is also a system in place to prevent an uneven number of members on each team with the exception of Al Kasava and Nuclear Bunker.
    This means if 28 Royal Guards register for BG, but only 17 Free Knights register, only 17 Royal Guards will be allowed to enter the BG.

How are my Contribution Points determined?
    By your number of Kills and Damage done to NPCs/Towers/Boxes as well as HP Healed for Medics.

What happens if I want to leave the BG early or get disconnected?
    You can easily leave the BG early by bringing up the Battlegrounds Battle Stats (hit the round sword icon by your mini-map) and pressing the Desert button but if you do, or you get disconnected, you'll be stuck with a 10 minute Deserter's Debuff which is:

Min. Atk: -20%
    Max Atk: -20%
    Additional Crit: -500
    Void: -300
    PvP Atk %: -50%
    PvP Void: -5000
    Move Spd: -10
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 29, 2013 11:55 am   Last edited by TheNinjaKitten on Jun 22, 2013 12:02 pm. Edited 9 times in total
Rank Points/Dog Tags/Medals
Dogs Tags and Ranking Points are gained through killing Enemy Players. This includes in Neutral Zones such as Caergate and Viledone, not just the Battlegrounds.

How do I see how many Rank Points I have?
    Hit C to bring up your character menu then click the Ranking Info tab.

What do I do with Dog Tags?
    You exchange them for Medals by talking to a Conversion NPC. Conversion NPCs are located in the Battlegrounds as well as in the Caergate and Viledone bases. You can access Caergate from the Long-Range teleporter in Bitterstone Base but you must be at least level 23. Viledone can be accessed from Barbiron.
    The more Dog Tags of the same level you have, the higher your chance of converting them to a Medal.
    Level 20-29 Dog Tags will give you Silver Medals.
    Level 30-39 Dog Tags will give you Gold Medals.

What do I do with Medals/Ranking Points?
    You use them to purchase Ultimate Skills, Equipment and Consumables from the Point Vending Machine.
    Point Vending Machines are located in the Battlegrounds, Caergate and Viledone.
    Please note that some purchases will require Ranking Points as well, not just Medals.
    If you make a purchase requiring Ranking Points, it will subtract that amount from your total Ranking Points.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 29, 2013 11:55 am   Last edited by TheNinjaKitten on Jul 26, 2013 12:28 pm. Edited 11 times in total
Battlegrounds
More Battlegrounds may be added in the future.

Nuclear Bunker

Maximum Capacity: 100v100
      Duration: 20 minutes
      Objectives: Defeat the primary boss, Abaddon.
      Conditions: The faction to defeat Abaddon wins. If neither sides are able to defeat Abaddon, the team with the highest score wins. If both scores are tied, the team with the least lost points wins. If the lost points are also tied, the team with the lower combined level count wins. If the combined level counts are identical, the team with the higher head-count wins.

Click Here for the Full Nuclear Bunker Guide

Al Kasava

Maximum Capacity: 150v150
      Duration: 60 minutes
      Objectives: Capture 4 flags and return them to your faction's base.
      Conditions: After 60 minutes, the team holding the most flags wins. In the case of a tie, the team with the lower combined level count wins. If the combined level counts are identical, the team with the higher head-count wins.

Click Here for the Full Al Kasava Guide

Janus

Maximum Capacity: 35v35
      Duration: 15 minutes
      Objectives: Destroy the towers and obtain the most points.
      Conditions: The team with the most points wins. In the case of a tie, the team with the lower combined level count wins. If the combined level counts are identical, the team with the higher head-count wins.

Obtaining Points:
      - Killing an enemy player will award 1 point.
      - Destroying the Central Tower will award 5 points.
      - Each of the Defense Towers will award 3 points.
      - The tower points go to the Faction that gets the last hit on the tower.

Additional Notes:
      - There are shortcut paths to the Defense towers from the spawn location towards the left and right before exiting.
      - At each Defense tower there are 2 guards per faction. It's recommend to keep distance from the opposing faction's.

The life of each Tower will be displayed at the top right so you know which one is currently under attack.

Turnpike

Maximum Capacity: 80v80
      Duration: 15 minutes
      Objectives: Destroy the enemy Boxes, NPCs and obtain 500 or the most points.
      Conditions: The first team to reach 500 points wins. After 15 minutes, the team with the most points wins. In the case of a tie, the team with the fewest lost points wins. If the amount of lost points is also tied, the team with the lower combined level wins. If the combined levels are identical, the team with the highest head-count wins.

Obtaining Points:
      - Killing an enemy player will award 1 point.
      - Destroying an enemy Box will award 30 points and subtract 20 points from the opposing team.
      - Killing an enemy NPC will award 5 points and subtract 3 points from the opposing team.

Additional Notes:
      - Upon exiting the spawn location for each team there are booster strips that will temporarily increase your speed if you ride over them on your bike.
      - Each Box is guarded by 2 NPCs.

The life of each Box will be displayed at the top right so you know which one is currently under attack.

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedJan 29, 2013 12:16 pm
Very good guide kitten Smile

I think a DGN guide need to be done some people do not know how to enter when they join the party late

HeartlessFate

Rank 1
HeartlessFate
PostedJan 29, 2013 12:24 pm
Thank you for the guide! very detailed and in-depth. Looking forward to getting in game eventually and testing arena for myself Very Happy

Evaeri

Rank 1
Evaeri
PostedJan 29, 2013 3:02 pm
Why so pro. Wink

Do your ranking points decrease whenever you buy something from the vending machine requiring points?

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 29, 2013 3:07 pm
Evaeri wrote:
Why so pro. ;)

Do your ranking points decrease whenever you buy something from the vending machine requiring points?

Yes. I will add this. ^-^

And thanks everyone. :D

mikfail

Rank 0
mikfail
PostedJan 29, 2013 7:48 pm
Thanks for all your great guides, aeria why you no hire ninjakitten?

WarriorWomenFTW

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
WarriorWomenFTW
PostedMar 15, 2013 12:23 am
Thank you so much for the info! I was sitting here wondering what the heck all these medals was for!

"The day you was born shall Wash AWAY the Flames, leaving EILE safe to celebrate." ~Self Hint

NeoVen

Rank 0
NeoVen
PostedMar 17, 2013 12:20 pm
Great write up! My only question is about the balancing mechanic because I know that almost every Battleground according to the UI Royal Guard is always outnumbered/leveled. Does it allow a margin or some such as its generally between 3 and 5 more or so.