Author Message

blademiki007

Rank 0
blademiki007
Joined
31 Aug 2009
Posts
8
Location
Czech Republic
PostedJan 29, 2013 5:11 am

FOR GM team PROBLEM with GOLD spam

Gold spamers in chat and in town with personal shop, = LOW FPS in city
I have a idea for eliminate gold spamers ingame and for better FPS
for players , because this is bigest problem.
All gold spamers can only run
from starter location to town and make personal shop with title with his
website for example u can check all our city and u will see more personal
shop wizh title www.blablabla-bla.com or another and they are sell any crap item
for 2 milion gold , only because they wont stay still ingame and tooo much
ppl see their title with webiste, but when we have in city too much
personal shops = low fps in city = more lags and players are rude for
this.
My idea is Make teleport to first city i mean Ledise from starter
location Bait dock only when character have lvl 10, lowest characters cant
use teleport to city, this will be more hard for gold spamers create still
new character and lvl up to 10 lvl for port to town and create shops with
spamers title.
We all must fight versus spamers ,ingame is class chat still
full spam , why u dont make only plyers 10+lvl can use class chat ? only my
idea but now u can make something with this.
Or next r idea is invite some
players to your team with any comands to use for ban gold spamers, i mean
no GM or GS but i this something Moderator ingame, around 5 players who can
use command /ban nickname reason goldspamer easy way for clear chat and
when u see to much ban from 1 ip = IP ban u can BAN this noob forever.
And
reward for this Moderators can be some golds every month. thanks for your
time and good luck ingame and in real life:)
Advertisement

Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
Joined
17 Mar 2012
Posts
644
Location
United States
PostedJan 29, 2013 5:27 am

Re: FOR GM team PROBLEM with GOLD spam

Gold spamers in chat and in town with personal shop, = LOW FPS in city
blademiki007 wrote:
I have a idea for eliminate gold spamers ingame and for better FPS
for players , because this is bigest problem.
All gold spamers can only run
from starter location to town and make personal shop with title with his
website for example u can check all our city and u will see more personal
shop wizh title www.blablabla-bla.com or another and they are sell any crap item
for 2 milion gold , only because they wont stay still ingame and tooo much
ppl see their title with webiste, but when we have in city too much
personal shops = low fps in city = more lags and players are rude for
this.
My idea is Make teleport to first city i mean Ledise from starter
location Bait dock only when character have lvl 10, lowest characters cant
use teleport to city, this will be more hard for gold spamers create still
new character and lvl up to 10 lvl for port to town and create shops with
spamers title.
We all must fight versus spamers ,ingame is class chat still
full spam , why u dont make only plyers 10+lvl can use class chat ? only my
idea but now u can make something with this.
Or next r idea is invite some
players to your team with any comands to use for ban gold spamers, i mean
no GM or GS but i this something Moderator ingame, around 5 players who can
use command /ban nickname reason goldspamer easy way for clear chat and
when u see to much ban from 1 ip = IP ban u can BAN this noob forever.
And
reward for this Moderators can be some golds every month. thanks for your
time and good luck ingame and in real life:)  


1. Making Class Chat for level 10 and above will only create problems. Say a person who has absolutely no idea about the class they are playing and they have a question about what a stat does, or a skill. How would they get the information, they certainly cannot ask the class chat until level 10.

2. GSes cannot ban period. They can't mute, they can't do anything. They have no powers. The only thing a GS can do is report. Just like a normal player can report. The only special thing about a GS is they have a direct line of contact to a GM if there is an absolute emergency.

3. An IP ban is absolutely pointless. Just like how an account ban is pointless. It is so painfully easily to change your IP Address.

the most ANY player, GS or not, is just report them. Which I hope the GMs will get the idea to make a gold seller report form out soon.

blademiki007

Rank 0
blademiki007
Joined
31 Aug 2009
Posts
8
Location
Czech Republic
PostedJan 29, 2013 5:34 am

re

re
Man
1st all players can use forum, they no need class chat for asking, they can use area chat adn every time in this area are players with new character but have high lvl and more expiernce, but create new one only for daylies quest Smile

2nd i know about gs they havent power but i want create new title ingame example Moderator , still only and check chat and ban spamers , easy way

and 3rd ok u have true IP ban pointless but account ban is way for make harder work for gold spamer

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Posts
4442
Location
Swag City United States
PostedJan 29, 2013 5:44 am
Something you may not know is that we have a team of AGE staff working to eliminate spammers. This team is around 24/7,so please be patient until our Product Manager gets a resolution finalized.

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
Joined
23 Mar 2008
Posts
3612
Location
Carpe Noctem! United States
PostedJan 29, 2013 6:36 am
Another something you may not know is that you can press Shift+y and all of those shop signs will disappear ...

Reaps989

Rank 0
Joined
19 Nov 2006
Posts
73
PostedJan 29, 2013 7:21 am
Giovanna_X wrote:
Another something you may not know is that you can press Shift+y and all of those shop signs will disappear ...  


While this is an option, which is fine and dandy, I still wish to see shops with items I "may" be interested in.

Once the client is optimized hopefully shops won't be the only thing in this game that can lag my computer. And yes, it is the only thing that drops my FPS currently which is quite funny.

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
Joined
03 Dec 2009
Posts
4155
Location
Zimbabwe
PostedJan 29, 2013 8:55 am

Re: FOR GM team PROBLEM with GOLD spam

Gold spamers in chat and in town with personal shop, = LOW FPS in city
Extra0rdinary wrote:

1. Making Class Chat for level 10 and above will only create problems. Say a person who has absolutely no idea about the class they are playing and they have a question about what a stat does, or a skill. How would they get the information, they certainly cannot ask the class chat until level 10.  


This here I think is something I think should not matter. There are so many resources. If people stopped trying to ask for every answer and read what they are presented with during those first 10 levels, it will be fine. Plus, 10 points will not break anyone, even if they're in a stat that gives less than stellar results.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
Joined
06 Dec 2008
Posts
2723
Location
Porec Croatia
PostedJan 29, 2013 9:57 am
Giovanna_X wrote:
Another something you may not know is that you can press Shift+y and all of those shop signs will disappear ...  

Very nice, didnt know that. There should be a collection of all hotkeys/combinations, because some people dont even know the Shift+click on an Item to show it in chats.

An combination to remove any characters from the territory until the combination is stopped being pressed for easier NPC access would be nice aswell, people like to park their dirty animals right in front of NPCs and go afk there..

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]

gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
Joined
26 Apr 2011
Posts
1443
Location
Lost City of Altantis United States
PostedJan 29, 2013 12:52 pm
Yea, we are aware of those pesky Gold Spammer. The PM and Devs are brainstorming some ideas to deal with them.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8506
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedJan 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: FOR GM team PROBLEM with GOLD spam

Gold spamers in chat and in town with personal shop, = LOW FPS in city
LadyBorderlinex wrote:
Extra0rdinary wrote:

1. Making Class Chat for level 10 and above will only create problems. Say a person who has absolutely no idea about the class they are playing and they have a question about what a stat does, or a skill. How would they get the information, they certainly cannot ask the class chat until level 10.  


This here I think is something I think should not matter. There are so many resources. If people stopped trying to ask for every answer and read what they are presented with during those first 10 levels, it will be fine. Plus, 10 points will not break anyone, even if they're in a stat that gives less than stellar results.  


Agreed. Gold sellers only do well in games that have a low effort bypass. I hate to keep citing an example, but there's a certain game out where the only "Global Chat" requires an item called a "World Flute." That game has absolutely zero gold spammage. Gold spammers don't even exist in shop form there.... In fact if you spammed a nonworld chat with the same message more than twice, If I remember correctly, you could be removed from the game.

But when Communication levels are 0 requirement, that is where gold sellers thrive. Shaiya is a great example. Area Chat in Shaiya, is a Map-specific chat, but the maps are quite large, so they place their toons on Map 1 (noobie land), and they place toons in the most common commerce location (Auction House).

They however, do not spam trade chat, which has a 10 level requirement to use.

-Add a 10 level requirement to class chat.
-Make a macro where when the same message is spammed in Region chat, 3 times in one minute, a toon gets booted from the game. (They will eventually find Region chat; they probably just havent figured out how it works yet because it's not in the drop down chat option menu).

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: