GMs, PMs any ideas?
for now if you belong to Eos its not even worth showing up, yay Pvp -_-

Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 28, 2013 11:56 am
This is purely a player fault.
Dione likes to compete for the kill so much that they usually will not give up the edge of the bridge.
Eos likes to fight, and give up on itself far too easy, and I get the impression they are also not informed about the rewards involved with Ruemon.

As long as pvp is only "Optional," This will be the case.

However, if During Ruemon, The entire map became Faction vs Faction, that would drive pvp.
I know this concept sounds draconian, but it would single handedly make Ruemon a success.

Why?

-If a Player has to choose between pvping at Ruemon relic, and getting pvp'd/Pk'd pulling a mob grinding, which are they going to choose? (The concept of mob mentality typically would push them toward Ruemon).

-Would it be a game breaker? Not really. This would be global pvp only 3 hours of 24. Most PVE gamers would not find that too offensive, or something to complain about. It wouldn't even affect people under level 20 (No faction, no Guilds).

-It would eliminate the issue of a camping line. Atm, Ruemon's boundaries cause it to be camping abused. If, however, there were no boundaries (except perhaps towns), It would be alot more complicated to create a camping atmosphere.

As I said, as Long as pvp is purely optional, it will not get better. When given choices, players always choose the product which is guaranteed to be productive. Atm, that is grinding. Make it less productive, and then the curve will shift toward pvp. This is Basic Substitute Utilitarianism.

Xardas42

Rank 1
Xardas42
PostedJan 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Re: RvR Eos

GMs, PMs any ideas?
Eniskuo wrote:

Sad, but true.

When OBT began, a lot of us participated at almost every event. Sadly, when we would start to lose ground, the whining commenced & players began to leave the battlefield. I also noticed players from our guild had joined Dione because they got tired of losing so that didn't solve a thing other than they can leech off other Dione players kills. With this sort of behavior, we too decided to just go grind until the population decided to again participate.

Recently, we heard rumors that Eos had actually begun to participate, so we decided to join the effort. Those next two RvR's we attended ended in similar disaster. As some of us attempted to create a diversion and push up the bridge, we looked back, dying, and saw our nation afk @ the bottom. We stayed until the end, but our efforts were in vain. Future battles will again be put on hold until more active participation ensues.

In conclusion, I applaud Dione for their early achievements, both in PvP, character improvements & organization. I guess you could say they won the game before it went to commercial release & now can move onto the next. Congratulations. Victory is yours.

Eniskuo

Rank 1
Eniskuo
PostedJan 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: RvR Eos

GMs, PMs any ideas?
Xardas42 wrote:
Eniskuo wrote:

Sad, but true.

When OBT began, a lot of us participated at almost every event. Sadly, when we would start to lose ground, the whining commenced & players began to leave the battlefield. I also noticed players from our guild had joined Dione because they got tired of losing so that didn't solve a thing other than they can leech off other Dione players kills. With this sort of behavior, we too decided to just go grind until the population decided to again participate.

Recently, we heard rumors that Eos had actually begun to participate, so we decided to join the effort. Those next two RvR's we attended ended in similar disaster. As some of us attempted to create a diversion and push up the bridge, we looked back, dying, and saw our nation afk @ the bottom. We stayed until the end, but our efforts were in vain. Future battles will again be put on hold until more active participation ensues.

In conclusion, I applaud Dione for their early achievements, both in PvP, character improvements & organization. I guess you could say they won the game before it went to commercial release & now can move onto the next. Congratulations. Victory is yours.  

i played in both CB and ST and belonged to Dione both times. There was no difference then as said. I dont know what could make the Eos players take initiative and compete buts its just down right pathetic now. Yes there are a few guilds that seem to contribute but to no prevail. Players fault yes, but this is just bad enough that something aught to be done.

When it came to evening out the sides i would say that WS had it right. The set up defeats the purpose of camps but the pvp was ALWAYS good, and never lacking or one sided

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedJan 28, 2013 12:46 pm
I agree with Rekikyo that the entire map should become a PvP Area during RvR because, as he mentioned, Lv20 and below wont be affected.
Also, people may still grind in Temple if they wish to avoid PvP.
PvP is a good thing! You dont lose anything and you gain Battle Points for killing, think about it Eos!

gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedJan 28, 2013 12:52 pm
What do you guys think that will help Eos participate in RvR?

Beside FPS lag. We already aware of that and informed the Devs.

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedJan 28, 2013 12:53 pm
Well I'm Dione and i can say that the Ruemon monster spawn is what brought the most Eos and they were organized, tough as soon as met with Dione opposition they soon pulled back even with North chasing us with boss and 1 hitting us lol

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!

MissChief

Rank 5
MissChief
PostedJan 28, 2013 1:05 pm
Actually i would say this is not a player fault aka no one showing up but the fact that those who do on perfectly good gaming riggs and connections get like 1-0.03 fps i rest my case

regards#
\Terry

what would bring them ebilfish undertanding currernt issues? no exp loss and maybe something else o.o

<a></a>

Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedJan 28, 2013 2:59 pm
Forcing people to take part is a sure-fire way to encourage players to leave and take their ball with them.

Like it or not, people are individuals, with their own preferences and playing styles. RvR must remain "optional," as far as coding goes. Guild Leaders could encourage (or even demand) RvR participation, but attempting to lay the responsibility on Aeria and the Devs and calling for them to force participation through coding and/or policy/rules is simply not going to work.

And Utilitarianism is a type of Consequentialist Ethics ("The end justifies the means."), of which all systems are unsatisfactory.

I say this as one who does indeed take part in RvR (albeit not every time, because, let's face it, there's a lot to do in the game and I'm sometimes involved in something else when Ruemon starts, and sometimes I'm not even in-game).

KaOs2983

Rank 0
KaOs2983
PostedJan 28, 2013 6:14 pm
Well if it were up to me i would make the winner of RvR have access to maybe let's say a special floor in the temple where exp gain and drops would be doubled i can really see this helping to drive people to compete for RvR.

Liendra 42 shadowmage DKO Liendra 27 Punisher SB Hopscotch 52 Gun/wiz AK