minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedJan 28, 2013 5:57 am
In reference to locking, I'd like to point out that locking anything, and anyone is entirely too easy for this game. Templar skills. Sprite hats. Yellows, Paralysis. Slow Skills. Prison of Dancing Blades, Fear (eww) Shackles, the works. Don't even get me started on the "ShackleLords". Whats my point? It's entirely too easy to render someone immobile in this game. Period.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii
Advertisement

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedJan 28, 2013 7:16 am
ston102 wrote:
The only way pvp is ever going to be active again is to ask some questions. where is everyone,what went wrong and how to get them back.unless these questions are not answered then x.x.i dont see the problem base at pvp level but at game level.players must first be active to get pvp to start and be active.

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT AS IT IS  

questions?

answers!

Problem 1 As someone who played this game from beta through L65 release, I can tell you what the biggest problem with this game was then: arena stacking. EA and HF were the only arena's then and HF was new. Both ran consistently at 40 bracket even with the stacking issues. Complete lack of balance is the key to killing the arenas, so if you want to completely kill off pvp; bring back stacking.

Problem 2 Max fort rate. As suggested earlier there should be a cutoff for max fort rate by bracket. This gives new players a chance of competing without being little more than target practice. This is what you want isn't it, fresh faces in the arena?

Back when EA was the main arena and HF was new and didn't run as often as EA; the max fort was +9. A new player with decent gear and no fort at all could still compete (somewhat) without having their heads handed to them on a platter in 1/2 a second. Some classes have a hard enough time competing in area (this is why the fear lock issue, it's payback for griefing that occurred at the lower brackets >XD), so when the max fort was changed to +18 it guaranteed the eventual death of pvp for all but high level alts and players with lots of $$$ to throw away. Right now the fix for this is to either spend lots so you can compete in each bracket as you level up. Or make what is essentially a through-away char, level it up to max or near max, and use that char as a sugar daddy so the character that you really wanted to make can have some hope of competing in the various brackets as you level it. I'm limited to 3 "free" chars and I'm forced to use one as a through-away just so I can have some hope of getting pvp armor in some time less than never? What a stupid concept.

The worst argument I've ever seen in favor of stacking is that some don't want to pvp their guildies/friends. Really? Then why is it that I see you pvp'ing your friends/guildies in Kas, all times day and night between matches? Because you don't want to fight them or because you don't want to fight them when it might matter?

I have no issue with a lover stack.

If the tables for the clays can be rotated, then the rewards for pvp can be rotated. Seriously, it is exactly the same rewards as it was back when the game was new. Literally, nothing has changed. Fresh rewards might go a long way towards reviving pvp, but only if other changes (like max fort rate cutoff) are also implemented. Otherwise it's just a fresh stick to beat a dead horse.

4gotten4eva

Rank 0
PostedJan 28, 2013 7:53 am
Things I am cool with:
Arena Locks: (Tick^) Q: What about 50 arena EA-lock days then? Essentially like saying arena for a day. Tho FA would be like sunshine on a rainy day in 50 Smile
Mid game join: (Huge-***-Tick^)
Incentives: (Need more incentives, perhaps out of arena boosters or something Razz)
Stacking: Errr mixed feelings. I know I would love to be able to team up with my friends and vs other teams in arena, but will it really be fair to someone new coming in? Even tho our current arena seems to be shrinking fast, atleast the sense of alienation is shared because your team is a lucky draw to see who gets most +18'ers.

In the end, I do not believe it is worth trying to change PvP. Too many things would also need an overhaul. In my experience, things only change when:

• There is overwhelming community support for the idea
  • It is easy to do
  • Gets em loads of dough

And that's where the cookie crumbles

Zealot1312

Rank 1
Zealot1312
PostedJan 28, 2013 9:31 am
Stacking? Oh yes, we have OP 40 campers who rq against other OP 40s when they can't feed off of weak players so you people trying to say stacking will kill pvp for good is just stupid. It ran fine when we had it before am I wrong?
Mid game joining? Yes, Too much rq in any bracket causes mid game shut down so we need it.
Same for arena locking, with one arena going people can easily join in and keep what games that are running alive.

Zen_Hikari

Rank 2
Zen_Hikari
PostedJan 28, 2013 9:47 am
Just because we had it before doesnt mean it well work again. When people have something good doesnt mean they will want to be forced back to something bad. Try buying a chair and a stool. Sit in the chair for a month, sell it, then sit in the stool for a month. If we are even THINKING about going backwards, then we need to all go back to +9. See how many rage.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 28, 2013 10:03 am
With or without stacking , PvP will be pretty inactive in certain brackets. PvP incentives please.

Iressa

Rank 1
Iressa
PostedJan 28, 2013 10:14 am
I dont actually get why people complain about fear locking. Candies are nowadays so easy to get, you can grow them even in guild farm. Correct me if Im missing something please.

I dont think we are gonna get any ap items from aeria, but seriously...what u get for pvp? Super ugly and temporary costumes from hero box once a month? Or you can buy 5 deathscythes?...yay thats so cool! /sarcasm
Ive heard they are working on something, Im just not sure if it is not too late. 90 arena runs like what? once a week? maybe twice? Isnt it alarming that on a server which was merged 2 months ago you cant find 10 people 81-90 who want to pvp? For example now 90 EA is 0/16 and FA90 2/10....again - on a merged server.

Iressa 90 SL // kiwiboo 8- Saint

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 28, 2013 10:20 am
Iressa wrote:
I dont actually get why people complain about fear locking. Candies are nowadays so easy to get, you can grow them even in guild farm. Correct me if Im missing something please.  

This. Also even without candy, there's ways to counter fear.. sleep actually does work against fear, even if the PP/Saint has instant cast. Silence, misfortune, poison, -hit rate procs.. since I left 70 arena, I've never seen anyone get fear locked for a whole match, so I don't know where people is getting that from. ._.

Darthkiller_26

Rank 2
PostedJan 28, 2013 10:41 am
iBambi wrote:
Iressa wrote:

This. Also even without candy, there's ways to counter fear.. sleep actually does work against fear, even if the PP/Saint has instant cast. Silence, misfortune, poison, -hit rate procs.. since I left 70 arena, I've never seen anyone get fear locked for a whole match, so I don't know where people is getting that from. ._.  

we're traumatized already >: kk

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedJan 28, 2013 10:45 am
Zealot1312 wrote:
Stacking? Oh yes, we have OP 40 campers who rq against other OP 40s when they can't feed off of weak players so you people trying to say stacking will kill pvp for good is just stupid. It ran fine when we had it before am I wrong?  

Extremely wrong.