JornAnderson

Rank 1
JornAnderson
PostedFeb 19, 2013 10:07 pm
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
humaniixviiiix wrote:

True that +18 gears people ruined newbies and take away they right to have fun pvp . But you can't tell them to stop because god know how much they spend for grand fantasia.
It imposible to limit what ready done , they ready geared . If you want to stop it , do before it happen because it imposible to fix now.
And as large among of gold player ready make and will make though high level mission order ,
How you fix this game's economy , too many gold ready make and MVP all geared , they don't need gold anymore .

For PVP , right way to fix it (in NA sever) not about economy but about fortification system.
By limit power of OP player in low bracket, force them to go back to they end game bracket or enjoy low bracket as noob (since only noob that can't stand in end game bracket go the 30 and 40 to beat newbie and other noobs lol).

As my idea about fortification system , highbie can start burn gold again so the economy revival , people start sell and buy to continue fortification they end game gears .
More "pro" player in end game bracket when newbie and noob enjoy they low arena.

It's a good solution.

But as i write it , i know it just only an idea. it fun talk or just comment
But some treat it as "begging" and start rage ?

Need no rage or heavy words , not like it will become true after someone said it lol.
Take it easy guys. It not like some shyly idea can change anything .  

The community needs to realize that PVP is just that, it's PVP. It's an ego war, it's harsh, it's mean, it's nitty gritty. People who put time and effort into their gear and character aren't obligated to go easy on people, why should they have to? The entire point for putting as much effort as they did into their character was to be dominating. It's the reason why all legitimate PVPers do it.

There is a line between "PVPers" and "people PVPing because it's something to do" and I don't think a lot of the community gets that. The latter of the two are usually the ones instantly discouraged to arena because of the "PVPers" but they don't realize this happens in every game and it's normal. It really is. The community doesn't realize that signing up for arena means putting yourself in a ring with top tiered geared people and a star on your head - whether or not you have the gear to fight back or contribute to your team is your problem. No one elses. The reason why there isn't teamwork with under geared people is because they don't contribute to the team. Whether it be they feed or just do nothing, again, it's normal things you see in PVP in every game.

I'm all for the communities attitude towards one another being a little less HS drama and a bit more server united, yes. I'm also all for parts of the community just learning that PVP isn't rainbows and butterflies, especially when the game is gear dependent.

As a person who has been on both ends of the stick when it comes to PVPing, it's not fair to say it's the fault of players who play the game to dominate in PVP when it boils down to why arena doesn't run or the attitude of other players. You either bite the bullet and accept being wrecked until you get geared, or you stop PVPing all together until you get geared. This goes for all brackets, yes even the cancerous twinks.

PVP isn't supposed to be friendly or even remotely fair, sure there can be standards, morals, codes, what have you. But it's not friendly or fair, at all. Not even a tiny bit. Pointing the finger at people who have worked hard to have a "winning" character doesn't solve anything.. just makes you look kinda misinformed.

Sidenote: I just still don't get what has gone on recently in our community that suddenly everyone is complaining this hard about PVP without even getting what PVP is going to almost always be like on MMORPGs...  

"Effort" lol

Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedFeb 19, 2013 10:48 pm
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
The community needs to realize that PVP is just that, it's PVP. It's an ego war, it's harsh, it's mean, it's nitty gritty. People who put time and effort into their gear and character aren't obligated to go easy on people, why should they have to? The entire point for putting as much effort as they did into their character was to be dominating. It's the reason why all legitimate PVPers do it.

All of this.

PvP is a place that is made for players who want to "test their skills". These "skills" often get the better of players (including myself at one point). It's only natural that if people know how to kill a class, they're going to continue doing it the same way.

Spikerip wrote:
Now some will argue and say oh that is what our class is based on. My argument your class doesnt encompass 3 to 4 skills and your class doesnt require 2 of the same weapon with the EXACT SAME proc. to be able to handle their own in PVP..  

What you're suggesting, is that if people know they're going to kill a class a certain way, rather than having them do it that way, you'd rather them do it in a manner that would possibly get them killed. I honestly don't know many--if at all, any people who'd take that risk.

rena_ishtar wrote:
"i can't win" "i need lega" "i need to reach this level" "they kill me in two seconds" "i need +18 gear" they all feel absolutly defeated and crushed just after a match or two. i have seen little teamwork going on during my matches  
I agree with you, this game was no longer newbie oriented when +15 came out. It was all downhill from there.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

TheDiseased2

Rank 5
TheDiseased2
Eating all your cookies in NSW, Australia
PostedFeb 20, 2013 2:42 am
@Kalash: +1 lol you hit the nail on the head

@Whoeversaidnottousecertainskillstokillpeopleeasily (GL reading that ahuehue): Every class is capable of countering every class. I play in 80 arena on my AM and i find it 'newb' of players that dont know what to do when i use my class skills. ie. SS that gets exhausted freaks out and doesnt know what to do and runs or just stands there (erm hello a smart SS will continue normal attacking in hopes to proc a gun so that when exhaust runs out they can do something), Temp that gets rooted or stopped just stands there and does nothing (dude sleep hammer realm of eternity and cure spam until you get close), WL that tries to attack a heavily geared archmage in sleep hammer and realm of eternity in mage tank mode (your class is a damage dealer dude deal damage tanking and doing pitiful damage will not help you kill an AM you gotta go balls deep from the get go your yellow set will tank for you), Mystic that only wolfs (bro you have other forns that help you wolf if thats all you wanna do), Prophet that doesnt help its team (your a support class enough said), DS that prays for the bit to kill (watch xLito he knows how to use the bit), DM that doesnt know who to target ( this is simply an experience problem and depends arena to arena overall DM's just need to tank misfortune and cycle skills well imo), AM that doesnt use most of its skills ( AMs can completely dismantle physical classes against magic though its just sleep debuff and pew pew).

poloboiz123

Rank 2
poloboiz123
PostedFeb 20, 2013 7:03 am
Lol @ this thread still being active.

The people that are trying to make excuses on why they refuse to join pvp or are trying to compromise on how to make pvp "fair" should either just continue to stick to pve or just plain uninstall the game. The pvp in this game is easy and it's not like you actually lose anything important if you do lose a match or feed.

I guess some people won't be able to understand this because they have never played a pure pvp based game.

rena_ishtar

Rank 0
rena_ishtar
PostedFeb 20, 2013 8:57 am
TheDiseased2 wrote:

@Whoeversaidnottousecertainskillstokillpeopleeasily (GL reading that ahuehue): Every class is capable of countering every class. I play in 80 arena on my AM and i find it 'newb' of players that dont know what to do when i use my class skills. ie. SS that gets exhausted freaks out and doesnt know what to do and runs or just stands there (erm hello a smart SS will continue normal attacking in hopes to proc a gun so that when exhaust runs out they can do something), Temp that gets rooted or stopped just stands there and does nothing (dude sleep hammer realm of eternity and cure spam until you get close), WL that tries to attack a heavily geared archmage in sleep hammer and realm of eternity in mage tank mode (your class is a damage dealer dude deal damage tanking and doing pitiful damage will not help you kill an AM you gotta go balls deep from the get go your yellow set will tank for you), Mystic that only wolfs (bro you have other forns that help you wolf if thats all you wanna do), Prophet that doesnt help its team (your a support class enough said), DS that prays for the bit to kill (watch xLito he knows how to use the bit), DM that doesnt know who to target ( this is simply an experience problem and depends arena to arena overall DM's just need to tank misfortune and cycle skills well imo), AM that doesnt use most of its skills ( AMs can completely dismantle physical classes against magic though its just sleep debuff and pew pew).  

that reminds me of two pallies i have faced in HoJ with my 50 wizard. both were well fort (not +18 but better than me) and i had the pleaseure of facing both twice.

the first one i simply killed him in three rounds. he was a push over. after rooting/stunning hold a got him to 25% health before he had the bright idea to heal himself. he never encouraged himself either.

second round the next day he had wolf rage combat mount. now this was difficult but certainly not impossible for the pally hadn't improved at all. same tactics but just with a higher movement speed, for this round i had to go all out and use my teleport spell. he was whining the whole time "stop running around" "coward" and what not. i'm a wizard you think i'm just going to sit there and take it? i may be fearless but i'm not stupid enough to slug it out in close range with a tank. 3-2 my way, that mount was a pain.

the other pally was different, he was a blast! i was shaking from excitment when the matches were over. round one; he was useing silence on me and every stun he knew. he even used terra ripple to slow me down. we ran cicles around the field and since i had lega i was hard to catch. he nearly killed me every time but i won all 3 rounds.

after that i didn't see him in HoJ. we played WSB togeather and i helped him earn his pvp gear. pleaseant fellow if quiet.

second round was completely different. i, at first, had my health at 90%. realizing i couldn't win like that i put it at 100%. well i didn't win, he had lost some speed but his armor was much better and had improved his tactics. my own tactics had also improved and using tele was more natural now that is was a main part of my fight plans. the ast 4 rounds we tied, he spamed healed and i spamed rooting and we just couldn't kill each other. 4th round he nearly managed to kill me but time ran out, 5th and last round i did something new; i ran towards him instead of giving ground, i pinned him to the wall away from those annoying health crystals. 1 loss and 4 ties. man he was fun Very Happy

long story short, there are many that don't know how to use their class and some just arn't good at battlefields. try HoJ out, you might fare better when it's 1 on 1.

ston102

Rank 0
ston102
PostedFeb 20, 2013 10:17 am
rena_ishtar wrote:
TheDiseased2 wrote:

that reminds me of two pallies i have faced in HoJ with my 50 wizard. both were well fort (not +18 but better than me) and i had the pleaseure of facing both twice.

the first one i simply killed him in three rounds. he was a push over. after rooting/stunning hold a got him to 25% health before he had the bright idea to heal himself. he never encouraged himself either.

second round the next day he had wolf rage combat mount. now this was difficult but certainly not impossible for the pally hadn't improved at all. same tactics but just with a higher movement speed, for this round i had to go all out and use my teleport spell. he was whining the whole time "stop running around" "coward" and what not. i'm a wizard you think i'm just going to sit there and take it? i may be fearless but i'm not stupid enough to slug it out in close range with a tank. 3-2 my way, that mount was a pain.

the other pally was different, he was a blast! i was shaking from excitment when the matches were over. round one; he was useing silence on me and every stun he knew. he even used terra ripple to slow me down. we ran cicles around the field and since i had lega i was hard to catch. he nearly killed me every time but i won all 3 rounds.

after that i didn't see him in HoJ. we played WSB togeather and i helped him earn his pvp gear. pleaseant fellow if quiet.

second round was completely different. i, at first, had my health at 90%. realizing i couldn't win like that i put it at 100%. well i didn't win, he had lost some speed but his armor was much better and had improved his tactics. my own tactics had also improved and using tele was more natural now that is was a main part of my fight plans. the ast 4 rounds we tied, he spamed healed and i spamed rooting and we just couldn't kill each other. 4th round he nearly managed to kill me but time ran out, 5th and last round i did something new; i ran towards him instead of giving ground, i pinned him to the wall away from those annoying health crystals. 1 loss and 4 ties. man he was fun Very Happy

long story short, there are many that don't know how to use their class and some just arn't good at battlefields. try HoJ out, you might fare better when it's 1 on 1.  

True but speaking from experience,the only thing you can do if rooted at a temp is use fbs, heaven on earth or final battle stance. The bad thing with something like fbs is it does not last as long as the others and its one of the best to buff your self to take a hit. the only other counter i use is to put on my sleep and burn cape. But the chances of that temp wining are very slim.most experience mages know they must use potions,the high level of damage even with fbs on is still too much.Everyone from gaia knows Dk or bb as he is known,killed me in 3hits and i was full +15 anti stun and full talents and everything. i could only troll for so long + mages can tank O_O too. Fun yes but mages get the + most time.
A 90 mage and ws with that stupid op poison buff in hoj most you can do as a temp is troll cuz their hit dam V Tank Extra Sucky. The only mages and ws who i have seen get killed by tanks one on one always have something that's not in place like talent or weapon.

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT LIKE IT IS

The.Mayor.

Rank 1
The.Mayor.
PostedFeb 20, 2013 12:31 pm
ston102 wrote:

True but speaking from experience,the only thing you can do if rooted at a temp is use fbs, heaven on earth or final battle stance. The bad thing with something like fbs is it does not last as long as the others and its one of the best to buff your self to take a hit. the only other counter i use is to put on my sleep and burn cape. But the chances of that temp wining are very slim.most experience mages know they must use potions,the high level of damage even with fbs on is still too much.Everyone from gaia knows Dk or bb as he is known,killed me in 3hits and i was full +15 anti stun and full talents and everything. i could only troll for so long + mages can tank O_O too. Fun yes but mages get the + most time.
A 90 mage and ws with that stupid op poison buff in hoj most you can do as a temp is troll cuz their hit dam V Tank Extra Sucky. The only mages and ws who i have seen get killed by tanks one on one always have something that's not in place like talent or weapon.

Haha I agree with him but aren't we used to that? There's always a Broken class that we gotta deal with, AM is godly from 70-80 and at 90 its WS turn but this time, WS is too broken to the point its unfair but oh well >.<
I kinda feel bad for Crusaders indeed, all they can do on 90 when its 1v1 is just buff themselves and staying alive.

rhythm19

Rank 0
PostedFeb 20, 2013 2:14 pm
The.Mayor. wrote:
ston102 wrote:

Haha I agree with him but aren't we used to that? There's always a Broken class that we gotta deal with, AM is godly from 70-80 and at 90 its WS turn but this time, WS is too broken to the point its unfair but oh well >.<
I kinda feel bad for Crusaders indeed, all they can do on 90 when its 1v1 is just buff themselves and staying alive.  

Yeah but you tanked 3 WS or was it 4 in your vid huehuea :<

ston102

Rank 0
ston102
PostedFeb 20, 2013 4:42 pm
rhythm19 wrote:
The.Mayor. wrote:
ston102 wrote:

lol 4 but still x.x

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT AS IT IS

The.Mayor.

Rank 1
The.Mayor.
PostedFeb 20, 2013 7:42 pm
ston102 wrote:
rhythm19 wrote:
The.Mayor. wrote:
ston102 wrote:

lol 4 but still x.x

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT AS IT IS  

DOESNT MATTER, STILL OP