Author Message

rena_ishtar

Rank 0
rena_ishtar
Joined
06 Nov 2012
Posts
37
Location
United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 11:32 pm
that is my biggest consern. ask others in my guild to join me or ask strangers if they are into PVP. the answers are disparingly short and simple.

"i can't win" "i need lega" "i need to reach this level" "they kill me in two seconds" "i need +18 gear" they all feel absolutly defeated and crushed just after a match or two. i have seen little teamwork going on during my matches, people are off getting kills not wining, so i know the younger members aren't even being supported. heck a good number of matches we never even formed a party for. and there is usually 1 person who will not team up and just does what ever they feel like.


it also extends to guild war. the "we can't win" attitude. if pared with the wrong guild in the war they won't make allies they won't even show up to give a token amount of effort. and the flaming of the other team as they insulted us for only have 3-5 members fighting.


truely it is people not the mechanics that need changing
Advertisement

humaniixviiiix

Rank 0
Joined
16 Oct 2012
Posts
40
Location
Laos
PostedFeb 18, 2013 11:39 pm
Lordbladexxx wrote:
Ima just put my input here tbh.. in the lower lvl brackets say 30 and 40. alot of new players are entering these brackets. and they are starting to get to pvp. but lets be honest. the +18 geared players in this bracket kinda ruin it for new players. and completely destroy them. Now im not saying get rid of +18 gears in the lower lvl brackets. but. you cant lie it is kinda OP. think of a new person with just a lvl 30. sprite set. up against full legacy. or full pvp gears +18. with weapons. i really dont see how that said new player is goona win at all. the damage reduct on +18 is pretty high. even my gears at +9 and +10 can barely hit thro +18 x.x its sad really and then comes the problem. ur makin all the newbies pretty much rage quit out arena. and leaving the other team. with basically no players to compensate. i think it would be a good idea. to put fort limits. on the arenas to even out the battles. (dont say its impossible because its definitly possible. alot of games. have done it. learn to leave the aeria community and u will see.) having that said. we need some fairness in pvp. tbh because in ponchee. its pretty hard. to get a HF going or whitesand. like it takes forever.. in the 30, 40, and 50 brackets. Because the newer players just dont wanna play at all because they get killed in a matter of 3 seconds.. its kinda pointless and its not fun to play. ive seen it happen. some even outright quit the game.  


True that +18 gears people ruined newbies and take away they right to have fun pvp . But you can't tell them to stop because god know how much they spend for grand fantasia.
It imposible to limit what ready done , they ready geared . If you want to stop it , do before it happen because it imposible to fix now.
And as large among of gold player ready make and will make though high level mission order ,
How you fix this game's economy , too many gold ready make and MVP all geared , they don't need gold anymore .

For PVP , right way to fix it (in NA sever) not about economy but about fortification system.
By limit power of OP player in low bracket, force them to go back to they end game bracket or enjoy low bracket as noob (since only noob that can't stand in end game bracket go the 30 and 40 to beat newbie and other noobs lol).

As my idea about fortification system , highbie can start burn gold again so the economy revival , people start sell and buy to continue fortification they end game gears .
More "pro" player in end game bracket when newbie and noob enjoy they low arena.

It's a good solution.

But as i write it , i know it just only an idea. it fun talk or just comment
But some treat it as "begging" and start rage ?

Need no rage or heavy words , not like it will become true after someone said it lol.
Take it easy guys. It not like some shyly idea can change anything .

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
Joined
28 May 2011
Posts
268
Location
Dunedin New Zealand
PostedFeb 18, 2013 11:58 pm
Just LMFAO

Gosh even though I have the means to +18 my lvl40 I choose not to because even with +9 gear and +15 equips I can still hold my own and it makes killing entire teams at the xtal in WS fun.

Now +9 gear and +15 equips is totally obtainable even the F2P community so stop moaning and put some effort into the game preferably past the soft cap arena's L30-L80 Arena's and then if you're still having a cry you only have yourself to blame.

lvl90 Hawkeye, lvl90 Saint, lvl8X Avatar, lvl70 Proph, lvl80 Proph, lvl40 Sage ~~~Illannia~~~ ^It's BritneyBish^

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
Joined
23 Mar 2010
Posts
1934
Location
Hell United States
PostedFeb 19, 2013 12:04 am
humaniixviiiix wrote:

True that +18 gears people ruined newbies and take away they right to have fun pvp . But you can't tell them to stop because god know how much they spend for grand fantasia.
It imposible to limit what ready done , they ready geared . If you want to stop it , do before it happen because it imposible to fix now.
And as large among of gold player ready make and will make though high level mission order ,
How you fix this game's economy , too many gold ready make and MVP all geared , they don't need gold anymore .

For PVP , right way to fix it (in NA sever) not about economy but about fortification system.
By limit power of OP player in low bracket, force them to go back to they end game bracket or enjoy low bracket as noob (since only noob that can't stand in end game bracket go the 30 and 40 to beat newbie and other noobs lol).

As my idea about fortification system , highbie can start burn gold again so the economy revival , people start sell and buy to continue fortification they end game gears .
More "pro" player in end game bracket when newbie and noob enjoy they low arena.

It's a good solution.

But as i write it , i know it just only an idea. it fun talk or just comment
But some treat it as "begging" and start rage ?

Need no rage or heavy words , not like it will become true after someone said it lol.
Take it easy guys. It not like some shyly idea can change anything .  


The community needs to realize that PVP is just that, it's PVP. It's an ego war, it's harsh, it's mean, it's nitty gritty. People who put time and effort into their gear and character aren't obligated to go easy on people, why should they have to? The entire point for putting as much effort as they did into their character was to be dominating. It's the reason why all legitimate PVPers do it.

There is a line between "PVPers" and "people PVPing because it's something to do" and I don't think a lot of the community gets that. The latter of the two are usually the ones instantly discouraged to arena because of the "PVPers" but they don't realize this happens in every game and it's normal. It really is. The community doesn't realize that signing up for arena means putting yourself in a ring with top tiered geared people and a star on your head - whether or not you have the gear to fight back or contribute to your team is your problem. No one elses. The reason why there isn't teamwork with under geared people is because they don't contribute to the team. Whether it be they feed or just do nothing, again, it's normal things you see in PVP in every game.

I'm all for the communities attitude towards one another being a little less HS drama and a bit more server united, yes. I'm also all for parts of the community just learning that PVP isn't rainbows and butterflies, especially when the game is gear dependent.

As a person who has been on both ends of the stick when it comes to PVPing, it's not fair to say it's the fault of players who play the game to dominate in PVP when it boils down to why arena doesn't run or the attitude of other players. You either bite the bullet and accept being wrecked until you get geared, or you stop PVPing all together until you get geared. This goes for all brackets, yes even the cancerous twinks.

PVP isn't supposed to be friendly or even remotely fair, sure there can be standards, morals, codes, what have you. But it's not friendly or fair, at all. Not even a tiny bit. Pointing the finger at people who have worked hard to have a "winning" character doesn't solve anything.. just makes you look kinda misinformed.

Sidenote: I just still don't get what has gone on recently in our community that suddenly everyone is complaining this hard about PVP without even getting what PVP is going to almost always be like on MMORPGs...

nemensyd6

Rank 0
Joined
05 Oct 2010
Posts
119
Location
Canada
PostedFeb 19, 2013 12:06 am
Hahaha what humaniix said the best way to fix this is lower the fortification percentage let say down to 10% ex. An axe have a damage of 800 when fortified to +1 it gives 1-5% damage into it. This way they won't be OP when battling against newbies because I don't think that Aeria team will remove fortifications for lower bracket this is how they make tons of $$$$$$,¥¥¥¥¥¥,€€€€€, ££££££££.

Spikerip

Rank 1
Spikerip
Joined
20 Nov 2009
Posts
281
Location
United States
PostedFeb 19, 2013 3:12 am
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
humaniixviiiix wrote:

True that +18 gears people ruined newbies and take away they right to have fun pvp . But you can't tell them to stop because god know how much they spend for grand fantasia.
It imposible to limit what ready done , they ready geared . If you want to stop it , do before it happen because it imposible to fix now.
And as large among of gold player ready make and will make though high level mission order ,
How you fix this game's economy , too many gold ready make and MVP all geared , they don't need gold anymore .

For PVP , right way to fix it (in NA sever) not about economy but about fortification system.
By limit power of OP player in low bracket, force them to go back to they end game bracket or enjoy low bracket as noob (since only noob that can't stand in end game bracket go the 30 and 40 to beat newbie and other noobs lol).

As my idea about fortification system , highbie can start burn gold again so the economy revival , people start sell and buy to continue fortification they end game gears .
More "pro" player in end game bracket when newbie and noob enjoy they low arena.

It's a good solution.

But as i write it , i know it just only an idea. it fun talk or just comment
But some treat it as "begging" and start rage ?

Need no rage or heavy words , not like it will become true after someone said it lol.
Take it easy guys. It not like some shyly idea can change anything .  


The community needs to realize that PVP is just that, it's PVP. It's an ego war, it's harsh, it's mean, it's nitty gritty. People who put time and effort into their gear and character aren't obligated to go easy on people, why should they have to? The entire point for putting as much effort as they did into their character was to be dominating. It's the reason why all legitimate PVPers do it.

There is a line between "PVPers" and "people PVPing because it's something to do" and I don't think a lot of the community gets that. The latter of the two are usually the ones instantly discouraged to arena because of the "PVPers" but they don't realize this happens in every game and it's normal. It really is. The community doesn't realize that signing up for arena means putting yourself in a ring with top tiered geared people and a star on your head - whether or not you have the gear to fight back or contribute to your team is your problem. No one elses. The reason why there isn't teamwork with under geared people is because they don't contribute to the team. Whether it be they feed or just do nothing, again, it's normal things you see in PVP in every game.

I'm all for the communities attitude towards one another being a little less HS drama and a bit more server united, yes. I'm also all for parts of the community just learning that PVP isn't rainbows and butterflies, especially when the game is gear dependent.

As a person who has been on both ends of the stick when it comes to PVPing, it's not fair to say it's the fault of players who play the game to dominate in PVP when it boils down to why arena doesn't run or the attitude of other players. You either bite the bullet and accept being wrecked until you get geared, or you stop PVPing all together until you get geared. This goes for all brackets, yes even the cancerous twinks.

PVP isn't supposed to be friendly or even remotely fair, sure there can be standards, morals, codes, what have you. But it's not friendly or fair, at all. Not even a tiny bit. Pointing the finger at people who have worked hard to have a "winning" character doesn't solve anything.. just makes you look kinda misinformed.

Sidenote: I just still don't get what has gone on recently in our community that suddenly everyone is complaining this hard about PVP without even getting what PVP is going to almost always be like on MMORPGs...  



The reason there is so much rage over it is pretty simple. New players are tired of getting destroyed in the low brackets and higher level players are tired of getting trolled. I will out line my argument accordingly.

Gear- what very few players realize is the fort system is very crucial on if you live or die. +9 gear +27% of base +15 61% +18 82%. most players are lucky if they can get to +9. and if they go into arena how are they supposed to take out someone that has 55% advantage over them in terms of gear. Now i am not saying it isnt possible but if your a newbie thats barely pushing +5-6 and want to try PVP out and you hit one of these +18 whales..... well you get the picture

gear procs and skills- Most know once you get to the higher brackets you get better gear procs etc. and from what i have seen if its not Max fort that kills you its the skill procs and weapon procs players rely on to boost their ego and consider themselves troll.

Now some will argue and say oh that is what our class is based on. My argument your class doesnt encompass 3 to 4 skills and your class doesnt require 2 of the same weapon with the EXACT SAME proc. to be able to handle their own in PVP..

Additude- As much as it sucks there are some that will go out of their way just to destroy an arena. as many have pointed out the lower brackets have the low twinks in there. what sucks for many is the second they know they can kill a player that is maybe +4-5 geared they go out of their way to constantly kill them. I can vouch on this when i was in 70 arena a long time ago. The minute others knew my player was squishy and could be easily killed. i was an immediate target by that player the rest of the match. Didnt matter if their team won or not as long as they got X number of kills off of me. and then if you do dare to confront them about it you get the nonchalant responses .. U MAD, Learn to play your class, or you just suck at your class ( i have gotten this one 1-2 times)

Secondly the ego of being pro goes beyond PVP . Knowing how to kill someone with 4 skills and 2 of the same weapon doesnt make you pro. KNOWING HOW TO PLAY YOUR CLASS TO THE FULLEST IN ALL PHASES MAKES YOU PRO !!. And i know there will be trolls that argue this about certain classes cant do x and y cause they dont have the skills to do it. Too bad if your really that pro you should know how to deal with it without having to resort to shallow troll tactics in either PVP or PVE. I give a mystic props if they can kill me with all 4 ( YES ALL 4) of their forms and do so effectively without having to resort to rooting. I give props to an SS that can kill me melee instead of KBING. PP killing with out fear spam DS's that can kill with out bit spamming in the higher brackets AM's with out shackle locking and ice rooting etc etc etc( Waits for the trolls to say well thats part of our class. if your at that argument you need to re read above.)

Its the above reasons that i of all people have taken a break from PVP and GF in general.

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
Joined
28 May 2011
Posts
268
Location
Dunedin New Zealand
PostedFeb 19, 2013 4:50 am   Last edited by skuxemup on Feb 19, 2013 6:11 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Spikerip wrote:
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
humaniixviiiix wrote:

True that +18 gears people ruined newbies and take away they right to have fun pvp . But you can't tell them to stop because god know how much they spend for grand fantasia.
It imposible to limit what ready done , they ready geared . If you want to stop it , do before it happen because it imposible to fix now.
And as large among of gold player ready make and will make though high level mission order ,
How you fix this game's economy , too many gold ready make and MVP all geared , they don't need gold anymore .

For PVP , right way to fix it (in NA sever) not about economy but about fortification system.
By limit power of OP player in low bracket, force them to go back to they end game bracket or enjoy low bracket as noob (since only noob that can't stand in end game bracket go the 30 and 40 to beat newbie and other noobs lol).

As my idea about fortification system , highbie can start burn gold again so the economy revival , people start sell and buy to continue fortification they end game gears .
More "pro" player in end game bracket when newbie and noob enjoy they low arena.

It's a good solution.

But as i write it , i know it just only an idea. it fun talk or just comment
But some treat it as "begging" and start rage ?

Need no rage or heavy words , not like it will become true after someone said it lol.
Take it easy guys. It not like some shyly idea can change anything .  


The community needs to realize that PVP is just that, it's PVP. It's an ego war, it's harsh, it's mean, it's nitty gritty. People who put time and effort into their gear and character aren't obligated to go easy on people, why should they have to? The entire point for putting as much effort as they did into their character was to be dominating. It's the reason why all legitimate PVPers do it.

There is a line between "PVPers" and "people PVPing because it's something to do" and I don't think a lot of the community gets that. The latter of the two are usually the ones instantly discouraged to arena because of the "PVPers" but they don't realize this happens in every game and it's normal. It really is. The community doesn't realize that signing up for arena means putting yourself in a ring with top tiered geared people and a star on your head - whether or not you have the gear to fight back or contribute to your team is your problem. No one elses. The reason why there isn't teamwork with under geared people is because they don't contribute to the team. Whether it be they feed or just do nothing, again, it's normal things you see in PVP in every game.

I'm all for the communities attitude towards one another being a little less HS drama and a bit more server united, yes. I'm also all for parts of the community just learning that PVP isn't rainbows and butterflies, especially when the game is gear dependent.

As a person who has been on both ends of the stick when it comes to PVPing, it's not fair to say it's the fault of players who play the game to dominate in PVP when it boils down to why arena doesn't run or the attitude of other players. You either bite the bullet and accept being wrecked until you get geared, or you stop PVPing all together until you get geared. This goes for all brackets, yes even the cancerous twinks.

PVP isn't supposed to be friendly or even remotely fair, sure there can be standards, morals, codes, what have you. But it's not friendly or fair, at all. Not even a tiny bit. Pointing the finger at people who have worked hard to have a "winning" character doesn't solve anything.. just makes you look kinda misinformed.

Sidenote: I just still don't get what has gone on recently in our community that suddenly everyone is complaining this hard about PVP without even getting what PVP is going to almost always be like on MMORPGs...  


Secondly the ego of being pro goes beyond PVP . Knowing how to kill someone with 4 skills and 2 of the same weapon doesnt make you pro. KNOWING HOW TO PLAY YOUR CLASS TO THE FULLEST IN ALL PHASES MAKES YOU PRO !!. And i know there will be trolls that argue this about certain classes cant do x and y cause they dont have the skills to do it. Too bad if your really that pro you should know how to deal with it without having to resort to shallow troll tactics in either PVP or PVE. I give a mystic props if they can kill me with all 4 ( YES ALL 4) of their forms and do so effectively without having to resort to rooting. I give props to an SS that can kill me melee instead of KBING. PP killing with out fear spam DS's that can kill with out bit spamming in the higher brackets AM's with out shackle locking and ice rooting etc etc etc( Waits for the trolls to say well thats part of our class. if your at that argument you need to re read above.)  



To quote you
"if your really that pro you should know how to deal with it without having to resort to shallow troll tactics in either PVP or PVE"
Yet you cannot deal with any class at all yet you attest your own ego is any different?

Not that I'm the best at any of my own classes but at least I admit to my weaknesses and accept them perhaps you could try doing the same instead of being such a narcissistic toilet brush and having such pathetic public outburst as if it is meant to help improve everyone else's in game experience and not just your own.
And no that isn't me trolling, not yet anyway Smile

Lordbladexxx

Rank 0
Lordbladexxx
Joined
15 Dec 2011
Posts
76
Location
Spring Hill United States
PostedFeb 19, 2013 6:55 am
I mean i understand tho. most ppl buy ap. and sell item mall items to buy gold. some players just outright earn the money with thier high lvl main. in all you still work hard to obtain wat you have i get that. But wat most of the community wants is just an even footing. for everyone. new or old. I mean imo. that would kinda distinguish the good players from the bad tbh. Ull need more skill to kill ur enemy not just high fortified gears. I know this game is nothing like Guild wars 2. but they do have a pvp mode. which has everyone on an even footing. no overpowered gears. regular gears that everyone uses class depends on the stats of the gears. so on. Its almost like a pvp set per say. (yes i know guild wars 2 is a new game so. they prob wont have that here.) But in all. i would like to see something in the future. That gives everyone an even footing in pvp. so we can stop all these players from Rage quiting out games. and leaving the other team pretty much to nothing.

Like yesterday i had about. 6 hoj. games. the 1st . kill i would get.. they would just rage quit. out. and not even try. now mind you my gears are only +7.. no higher than that. you can get this fortified. with just ingame gold you farmed. or something like that its the easiest to get. and aswell pretty much 2 ppl just left us in hellfire arena. all alone yesterday while we got slaughtered because they kept dieying. Nowadays. i just never get any good matches at all. you maybe get like. 1 or 3 good matches. every week. thats pretty much it.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
Joined
23 Mar 2010
Posts
1934
Location
Hell United States
PostedFeb 19, 2013 12:09 pm
Spikerip wrote:
Secondly the ego of being pro goes beyond PVP . Knowing how to kill someone with 4 skills and 2 of the same weapon doesnt make you pro. KNOWING HOW TO PLAY YOUR CLASS TO THE FULLEST IN ALL PHASES MAKES YOU PRO !!. And i know there will be trolls that argue this about certain classes cant do x and y cause they dont have the skills to do it. Too bad if your really that pro you should know how to deal with it without having to resort to shallow troll tactics in either PVP or PVE. I give a mystic props if they can kill me with all 4 ( YES ALL 4) of their forms and do so effectively without having to resort to rooting. I give props to an SS that can kill me melee instead of KBING. PP killing with out fear spam DS's that can kill with out bit spamming in the higher brackets AM's with out shackle locking and ice rooting etc etc etc( Waits for the trolls to say well thats part of our class. if your at that argument you need to re read above.)

Its the above reasons that i of all people have taken a break from PVP and GF in general.  


So because people use their class skills they're trolling?
I'm sorry but I lol'ed.

If someone can CC you, kill you, or even remotely slow you down in the fastest and easiest way possible in arena they're going to do so.

I don't even get why you would post this last bit because honestly it makes you look like one of those sour players who wants everyone else to handicap themselves so you feel better about yourself, which more or less loses you most credibility since this is clearly a personal issue you've yet to resolve.

If the community wants to make excuses - like you - as to why they cannot PVP then fine. That is really no ones fault but their own and yours. Learn to play your class, work on your gears, and you'll do fine. Like everyone else had to. What is with all this special treatment wanting to happen? You suck it up or stay out of PVP. That's how it's always went and that's how it's going to stay.

I didn't start PVP with amazing gear nor ANY skill what-so-ever on my Sage. But I had to start somewhere, and I did. I got farmed in 50 arena, I took advantage of no-miss-stun-proc in 60 until I forced most sins to buy their 55 PVP set first.

Ffs, I was farmed in 70, the bracket were I was easily on of the best Mystics still to this day. Yeah, I was farmed there before I just sucked it up and continued farming for my PVP set, farmed for my yellows, and farmed for my fortifications. I had no idea how to use any other form then wolf at that point from being carried by stun hammers at 60 but I made it.

I was farmed, I raged, I was trolled, I called names, and I learned from it. EVERYONE starts there. What you think zeratul was always pro? No, he was farmed too way back in the day. Look at him now. EVERYONE started in the same place. Nooby, crap gear, and no **** idea where to start when it came to skill tactics in PVP.

This is why I don't have any sympathy for people like you who wants everyone to play handicapped so you don't have to learn your class. So you don't have to put in the effort needed for your gears. If you want a game that has PVP like that go to GW2. Other then that, welcome to normal old style MMORPGs. Get used to it.

ShrimpTeriyaki

Rank 1
ShrimpTeriyaki
Joined
24 Mar 2011
Posts
234
Location
Cloud 9 United States
PostedFeb 19, 2013 3:18 pm
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
Spikerip wrote:
 


I didn't start PVP with amazing gear nor ANY skill what-so-ever on my Sage. But I had to start somewhere, and I did. I got farmed in 50 arena, I took advantage of no-miss-stun-proc in 60 until I forced most sins to buy their 55 PVP set first.

Ffs, I was farmed in 70, the bracket were I was easily on of the best Mystics still to this day. Yeah, I was farmed there before I just sucked it up and continued farming for my PVP set, farmed for my yellows, and farmed for my fortifications. I had no idea how to use any other form then wolf at that point from being carried by stun hammers at 60 but I made it.

I was farmed, I raged, I was trolled, I called names, and I learned from it. EVERYONE starts there. What you think zeratul was always pro? No, he was farmed too way back in the day. Look at him now. EVERYONE started in the same place. Nooby, crap gear, and no **** idea where to start when it came to skill tactics in PVP.

This is why I don't have any sympathy for people like you who wants everyone to play handicapped so you don't have to learn your class. So you don't have to put in the effort needed for your gears. If you want a game that has PVP like that go to GW2. Other then that, welcome to normal old style MMORPGs. Get used to it.  


^ this is the reality that most people doesn't understand. people have to start somewhere in order to be where they are at now. thank you for pointing this one out.

@Spikerip you, yourself said that you've been playing since Closed Beta along with us so why can't you understand this simple thing? i'm not trying to troll or anything because that's not my nature but what i'm saying is, all of us have bitter experience of PvP but that doesn't mean you have to share just the bad things that comes with it. this community is mainly social and even in PvP you can start making friends.

P.S PvP is Player Versus Player and it is a battleground. don't expect people to go easy on you just because you have the lower end of the stick. what you can do is learn from this experience and bounce back from it.

why so serious?
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: