alenz0

Rank 0
PostedJan 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Assist and support

I have to say that the assist and support system is really cheap and basically you can spam that all match. Rearguards that are down should not be able to do either because they are DOWN. Also I do not see why players that get downed and resurrect maintain the same assist and support bonus. If they are downed they should lose it. Otherwise like I said before its a cheap system and many other players i have spoken to on other teams agree.
Advertisement

faarietail

Rank 0
PostedJan 27, 2013 10:32 pm
what do you mean by rearguards that are down? Don't you mean vanguards?

alenz0

Rank 0
PostedJan 28, 2013 8:40 pm
A whole team gets downed yet they still do assist and support combos all match while downed. I have seen teams where that's all they do is assist and support all round while they are downed getting the added bonus and gp while having someone else on their team come in on the side and attack while the rest of the team is downed just adding assist and support combos going past the hundreds. Its cheap.

There should be penalties for remaining downed and just spamming assist and support or not allow it at all when downed. Also they get the added bonus defense while they are downed while they keep adding the bonus that's just low. If they are downed they shouldn't be getting any and have it reset to avoid this type of cheap game play. I've seen teams remained down 57 min out of the 60 min and not get back up the entire match and were able to get 60k+ just doing this; its a major flaw/issue in the battle system and completely ruins the game play.

My friends and I have really enjoyed the game since we started on separate teams. But now that we are encountering this issue it seems like we have wasted our time and money on this game.

Rakusen

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Rakusen
PostedJan 28, 2013 11:42 pm
You also have to remember that other guild members can also help. The 5 strongest in the guild are put as the rearguard and vanguard.

In addition to this, if the losing guild has less GP than the opponent, they can attack while their guards are down with non-vanguard/rearguards. This lets mismatched opponents have a chance at winning against superior opponents. However, this is also a system of abuse.

The way you're describing it makes it as if there's a bug with the system. I'll clarify with a GM.

Contact Us~Don't be afraid to ask for help~Terms of Service~

KikkiForever

Rank 0
KikkiForever
PostedJan 29, 2013 4:00 pm
Alez0, it may be a miscommunication but it sounds like you are misunderstanding something. The Rearguards are not visible on the screen and cannot be hit. They are invulnerable and therefore never "downed". Even if the Vanguard is downed, and therefore all players on the screen are down at zero hp, the Rearguard is not dead.

However, the bigger issue here is that the battle system is, in fact, not perfect yet. But it is a brand new game with a complex new system, so give them some time now that they've seen how it is being played, and see if they make positive changes.

I know for a fact that the GM's are looking into any possible tweaks to make it even more fun and competitive, and less vulnerable to any underhanded strategies. A vast number of possible changes are being considered, so just because it isn't happening right now doesn't mean it never will! They just have to be careful with this lovely game and carefully consider any changes before they commit to them. If they decide something will be a great addition to the game though, to make the battle system more dynamic and secure vs. cheating, then I am sure they will do it!

We just ask for your patience. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the game overall!

gmhazmat

GameMaster: USA
gmhazmat
PostedJan 29, 2013 5:26 pm
^ What Kikki said. Very Happy

Please also note that whatever changes we make to the system, there will be some players who manage to take the most advantage of them and also those who won't be able to capitalize on them. Winning is all about finding the ways to work within the existing mechanics - even if certain options may seem "cheap" to others, they are all good as long as they are legitimate (i.e. no exploiting bugs or hacking).

"Read Your Battle Info!"

alenz0

Rank 0
PostedJan 29, 2013 6:25 pm
Thanks for clarifying the positions so I will clarify what I am saying and its strictly feedback and I am not reporting a bug. The entire battle system is only being played by the rearguard. The vanguard remain down literally 57 to 59 minutes in the game doing absolutely nothing. Although it is legitimate because they can obviously perform it in game; it severely takes away from game play. Might as well just start both teams downed and it be a rearguard match 57-59 min which is hardly considered battling and more like prepping for the last minute of the entire match for the vanguard to be of any use because that is when they are ever used in all cases of this strategy. I understand the importance of having a strategy in a game I love strategy games but this as I stated before severely takes away from the quality of game play in terms of the so called battle system and my initial impression of the games main objective was to level and collect cards to be able to battle against other players which is hardly being done by the vanguard in comparison to the amount of time they are used in a match (generally the last couple minutes) in comparison to the amount of time(60 min) that is given.

I enjoy leveling my character but it seems players that end up as vanguard pay a penalty for being a vanguard because most of the battling, I mean prepping that is done for 98% of the match, is done by the rearguard. I understand it is a new game that is why I have taken the time to give my feedback and I hope something is done about it to balance out the amount of time and usefulness of both positions in the battle system so some battling will actually take place. Thanks for your time.

KikkiForever

Rank 0
KikkiForever
PostedJan 29, 2013 8:20 pm
We hear you Alenz0. Like Hazmat said, it is a valid suggestion to look into, and the GM's are well aware and doing so, I promise ya. Thanks for the report! I love the game too and I appreciate that you took the time to post something constructive here.

cirogoeth

Rank 0
PostedJan 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Assist and support

alenz0 wrote:
I have to say that the assist and support system is really cheap and basically you can spam that all match. Rearguards that are down should not be able to do either because they are DOWN. Also I do not see why players that get downed and resurrect maintain the same assist and support bonus. If they are downed they should lose it. Otherwise like I said before its a cheap system and many other players i have spoken to on other teams agree.  

You basically are saying "war" should be regressed to the time where its just 2 armies shooting until 1 side dies. "Honor" is more important than winning the war. But that is basically a slugfest. The person who is stronger always wins a slugfest if there is no tactics.

The problem isn't that it is cheap, but rather the "fun" factor of GvG is quite boring and more tedious than it is fun.

Rakusen

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Rakusen
PostedJan 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Re: Assist and support

Cirogoeth, I think you have found a bug since the rearguard isn't supposed to be able to attack if their GP is higher than their opponents.

Contact Us~Don't be afraid to ask for help~Terms of Service~