Lordbladexxx

Rank 0
Lordbladexxx
PostedJan 27, 2013 7:02 pm

Shadowmage Stat and Skill build help

Just wanted to make a post really quick before i go ingame and start to make my shadowmage. Just wanted to ask wat is the best Stat build and skill build for a total mix of pve and pvp. as i like to do both really.

I see thier is alot of debates on the forums and i just wanted to get a clear answer from certain players who have had thier shadowmage for a while and are working with a good build. And tbh i kinda got confused reading through most of the posts as to wat skills should i really be adding points into early on till high lvls and aswell stat distribution as in Int Con and Wis. so if anyone can help me out ill appreciate it verry much plz and thank you ^^
Advertisement

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedJan 27, 2013 7:31 pm
Because the game has only been out for a little while, there aren't any perfected builds yet. Everyone has their own preferences and what works for them, so a lot of it will come down to how you want to play your character: damage dealer, support, healer, or hybrid.

For stats, avoid INT until they redo the stat values as the benefit is minimal. CON and WIS are the best and it comes down to, again, how you want to play your character. I prefer full CON for more tankiness, more buffer while AoEing, and I have lag issues so it has saved me a lot, lol. You get 18 hp per point and some hp recovery so it really adds up when you keep putting more into it. I had a good 700+ hp on people who did not invest into HP.

As for WIS, this will come down to 3 things, if you are a healer, if you PvP, or if you use the magic buff on the left side of the tree that drains mana/sec. If you a healer, the extra mana and regen is a necessity when using a lot of heals in succession. If you PvP, the extra WIS can come in handy if you get hit with mana drain spells. And if you get the buff, the extra regen can counter some of the mana drain making it easier to use other spells.

Lordbladexxx

Rank 0
Lordbladexxx
PostedJan 27, 2013 7:51 pm
Alright. i just wanted a little mix of both pve and pvp. because if you can i would like to be that type of person that you can depend on in a group in pve aswell as i can survive good on my own. and if we are in a team type of pvp aswell. ill try and go look at some of the builds already posted to get a decent understanding to wat skills i need to put points into as i lvl up.

So im guessing for if i wanna be both pve and pvp shadowmage a split of both Con/Wis would be good?

blackdeath101

GameSage: Forum
blackdeath101
PostedJan 27, 2013 8:04 pm
I wouldn't do 1:1, but that's just me. Mana potions are easily purchased through vendors so you don't want too much wisdom unless you plan on staying way in the back away from the action. If you think mana/mana regen will be an issue, I'd go about 3 CON:1 WIS.. but others may say differently.

At level 30, you get a free stat reset from the Aeria bag, so don't worry too much if you don't like the stat distribution.

Lordbladexxx

Rank 0
Lordbladexxx
PostedJan 27, 2013 8:12 pm
ahhhh alright thats cool they do that in this game aswell good so just incase i mess up :p alright good u explained it a bit more than wat other people did thanks for the help ^^

TheAmbiance

Rank 0
PostedJan 28, 2013 1:27 am
For questing/exping I have found I need constitution and wisdom. It's obviously no use have alot of health, but no mana to regain it back. During early game mana is not a huge problem. However, later on for bosses and PvP when you need to spam heals (i.e. team heal, critical heal), your gonna need high mana and mana regen to keep going.