Ifonly1977

Rank 1
Ifonly1977
PostedJan 26, 2013 11:51 am

Guild War & Battleground Times

I'm sure its been said countless times but the times of GW & BG is just sill. I would need to get up at 4am to take part and as I work full time theres no chance.

Its a good game and I spend money on it but not sure how much longer I will if nothing is done about this.

Obvious answer is change GW to a more user friendly time like around 1st or 2nd WB. And as for BG, just make 2 events for it 12 hours apart so everyone can get a go.

AoL - Leo77
Advertisement

sdsdssdsds

Rank 3
PostedJan 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: Guild War & Battleground Times

Ifonly1977 wrote:
I'm sure its been said countless times but the times of GW & BG is just sill. I would need to get up at 4am to take part and as I work full time theres no chance.

Its a good game and I spend money on it but not sure how much longer I will if nothing is done about this.

Obvious answer is change GW to a more user friendly time like around 1st or 2nd WB. And as for BG, just make 2 events for it 12 hours apart so everyone can get a go.  

Honestly I think they would like to change time if possible, but they tried to do the best with the time difference between Aeria and r2, and I'm assuming that's the best they could do for now, unless something drastic changes in the future.

Ifonly1977

Rank 1
Ifonly1977
PostedJan 27, 2013 5:22 am
Well they could at least add a 2nd BG so people in Europe could participate and get a medallion.

I'm losing to players I shouldn't just because of the medallion they have and I can't get Sad

AoL - Leo77

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedJan 27, 2013 5:49 am
Whilst frustrating, these servers are based on PST time zone, so the time of features is decided based around that. Bringing GW time back to WB 1 or 2 will go against that as it will then be within the working day of PST time zone. As inconvenient as this might be (including to me as I am from an EU time zone) I don't think that GW time should be changed.

On the other hand, I do agree that BG could be better planned. Having an hour at it's current time and an hour earlier in the day, but only allow the player to attend either one and not both, would really improve the gaming experience for the majority of players.

Aeria has already approached the devs with a suggestion about BG which was rejected. Unfortunately the devs are refusing to implement anything like this as this is a US server and they do have EU servers open elsewhere.

I am not optimistic about any change happening any time soon.

Ifonly1977

Rank 1
Ifonly1977
PostedJan 27, 2013 5:55 am
Well maybe the answer for us Europeans is to find this other server and spend our money there.

I'm bored of hearing AGE hiding behind "the devs said no" as they seem to say yes to anything that makes them money but not something as simple as this to keep its European happy. After all, there are quite a lot of us Wink

AoL - Leo77

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedJan 28, 2013 10:34 am
Ifonly1977 wrote:
Well maybe the answer for us Europeans is to find this other server and spend our money there.

I'm bored of hearing AGE hiding behind "the devs said no" as they seem to say yes to anything that makes them money but not something as simple as this to keep its European happy. After all, there are quite a lot of us Wink  

Aeria is not hiding behind anything. It has already stated clearly in forums that it has approached the devs and what the response was. Aeria is a publisher of the game and not the developer. It cannot force the developer to make any changes, only suggest desirable changes and it is up to the developer whether it makes the changes or not. With partner games Aeria has even less influence over the developer since the game is being offered by numerous publishers (some of whom do have EU servers already) and the developer will want consistency across all.