ReaperXtwo

Rank 3
ReaperXtwo
PostedOct 10, 2008 12:25 pm
I think we need more PvP/Guild focused games Very Happy Anything that promotes a lot of team work and plenty of player to player interaction!

Dynasty Warriors IGN: Mether.ZT1 (Shu)
Advertisement

t3ydi

Rank 3
t3ydi
PostedOct 10, 2008 12:36 pm
i want FPS

<div><object><param></embed></object></div>

WyattEarp

Rank 4
WyattEarp
PostedOct 10, 2008 12:44 pm   Last edited by WyattEarp on Oct 10, 2008 3:07 pm. Edited 4 times in total
I don't think we should be expanding on the existing games like 12Sky and LC, we should be looking at new games and genre like Combat Arms.

Trailer

snakytooth

Rank 3
PostedOct 10, 2008 12:49 pm

hmmm

i think that it would be a good idea to add a swat team theme game,where quests consists of swat teams takin on missions to take down enemies

f0d

Rank 1
f0d
PostedOct 10, 2008 2:15 pm
WyattEarp wrote:
I don't think we should be expanding on the existing games like 12Sky and LC, we should be looking at new games and genre like Combat Arms.  

really how many MMORPG's does aeria need theres like 5-10 already
i play combat arms and its pretty good for a free FPS, its also set up with points to buy stuff just like in aeria games so im gussing something similar would do well here

FPS FTW.!

<center> <a> </a> </center>

BillyRosewood

Rank 0
BillyRosewood
PostedOct 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Hi !

Well, that's a good question. Why not a shoot'em up or a 2D fighting game or even a good old school Streets of Rage style beat them all ??

I know, I'm old, but... Why not ? lol OLD SCHOOL 2D POWAAAAAAA ! ! Very Happy Razz

Ona

Rank 5
Ona
PostedOct 10, 2008 2:48 pm
I'm all up for a FPS, preferably a WWII sim or a futuristic one. Nothing creepy though.

"Attitude. Humor. Action. The combination of these three elements will be the pathway to your success."

GrandReddragon

Rank 4
GrandReddragon
PostedOct 10, 2008 3:00 pm
Sports game

(MLB FTW!!!!)

Currently in the US NAVY.

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedOct 10, 2008 3:06 pm
Um...Hack&Slash?! There ain't much "hacking" in the current games. They are all more...one player VS one mob to my knowledge.
I guess FPS would bring more people for ya, as it would widen the audience. Maybe some flight simulators or so as well, even though either of these two I wouldn't really care bout, keh.

Technically whatever you'll add will get new players, and some of the old ones to change. Adding a new genre will just bring more new players, while adding of the genre you already have will make more people to migrate.

ittoujuu

Aeria: Admin
ittoujuu
PostedOct 10, 2008 3:29 pm
I think an FPS would be a difficult proposition. Not so much to acquire one, but because we'd be competing against quality games on both PC AND consoles, all of which have online multiplayer nowdays. If a person can pay their Xbox live subscription fee for the year and buy, say, Gears of War 2 - or if a person can just bust out their PC and something like Team Fortress 2, our FPS game would have to be pretty darn amazing to make people not only want to play it, but ALSO want to spend AP on it. And it's also a tough proposition because introducing "buyer benefits" in a skill-based game like an FPS would annoy a lot of players, and many would probably leave thinking, "What does it matter if I get to be really good, if someone can just buy stuff with AP and trounce me every time?" It's one sort of competitive game where, when the playing field isn't level, the game quickly becomes not-fun.

I think we should look to add a high-profile Japanese MMO, personally. Over the last few months, we've gotten a lot of smaller games, but none of them in particular seem to be making waves. But when you snag a bigger-name title, people notice. I think there has been more interest in Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE than on the last three or four "smaller" games Aeria acquired before that, combined. A bigger name draws people in, and it helps pre-establish a community for itself, which is incredibly useful, and makes the game a more fun, social experience for all involved. Honestly, I would look into getting something from Square-Enix, if possible. From both the localizer's side and a player side, I'd like to be involved with a game where the interactions with the developer are smooth, and you can know what to expect.

Other than that...has Aeria looked into Ragnarok Online 2? I think that'd be up our alley, definitely - both as a good company acquisition, and something that'd be appealing to a lot of our playerbase. Overall, though, my suggestion is: add another "big" title as the next one, because it will have more gravity (not to mention, it also generates us more publicity, so we can continue to grow).

::all the lights in the sky are stars::