- 04 Apr 2013
PostedApr 07, 2013 5:26 pm
Improving the game.
Thank you for the thread. I'm happy that you guys are actually looking for help from the actual players. Anyway, let's get started.
There are several things about this game which I think it should improve on, however, many are more or less important than the other. Therefore I shall divide them in different sections and/or importance grades.
I'll get started right away. To make it simple, I will start with the least important items and run down to the most important ones.
*** = Big situation. (Needs to be fixed/changed asap)
** = Mediocre situation. (Needs to be looked at and worked on, but not prioritized over *** matters)
* = Minor situation. (Least important worries, yet would be wise to fix in patches every now and then when time is free)
Open Beta changes
I'd like to start with changes that are important to be released at the actual launch, but should be fixed DURING the open beta. There are not a lot of these.
- *** The FPS situation in the Battle for Ruemon and castle sieges is a dire issue. Many people who reach the last few levels are starting to dwelve more and more into the entire PvP situation. However, a lot of people are driven away by the FPS spectacle when the battle actually begins. (Some people report having 20fps+, which in my opinion still isn't good, but I personally have a high-end PC from Origin and I can run Crysis 3 on maximum graphics without any issues. Therefore getting 1-4 FPS is just really discouraging.)
- *** Adjust the spawn-timers and aggro-range. Both is not neccesary, but one of them definitely is. I, and many other friends of mine, have died too many times because when they kill a group of let's say 4 or 5 mobs they instantly get attacked by just as many enemies while being busy with our last target. We dont even want to get groups of 4 or 5 but it's very hard not to. Especially since dozens of people like to walk past you with 3 or 4 mobs chasing them and suddenly they attack you instead. People lose experience, time and get frustrated really quickly. And I must say, it IS very annoying. I think this should be fixed DURING the open beta so that as many people as possible can get a more pleasant beta experience (this is especially aimed at all the new people joining)
- ** Make mounts faster. I cant stress this enough, maybe it's just my personal experience, but these horses walk like snails. When I mount one of them I do not feel faster, not at all, it actually feels slower for me. Give them an appropriate speed and add another tier of mounts for later levels so that they can be faster for their hard work. (This would also be nice for people who do dailies every day, I dont do them because I just move around way too slow). Also, if you happen to add extra mounts for later levels, dont give them oversized armor or something. Give players a choice to choose between armorless and armored horses.
- ** Fix jumping. Not as important, but the jumping is absolutely terrible both for actually trying to jump over small ledges or rocks and for the camera in general. I have never NOT wanted to jump randomly in MMORPG's before. (Sorry if that was too ranty/insulting, not the point.)
I believe those three changes are neccesary for open beta. The main reason would be simple: because people in Open Beta need to enjoy the game, not be fed with content. The reason why I didn't add things, which everyone would also like to see, like a new huge raid is because that's not the point of the beta list.
This list is to make sure that people dont get bored while experiencing the entire leveling and exploration process of new things and areas. And I think that with this you can convince a lot of players to stick around for launch, and then you can focus on actual game-content and whatnot.
Changes ON launch
These changes should be introduced in the final version of the game which would be launched on ???.
- *** Everything in the beta list.
- *** Class balance. Even though it's fairly balanced, these are observations from the PvE side of things. Because I really feel like everybody has their own role in PvP which is good. However, I have always played a warrior in MMORPG's, and I've never experienced me being unable to get on par with mages or paladins or whatever with actual leveling. I might have been behind but never FAR behind. I started earlier and play more than my friend, but my Shadowmage friend is already 4 levels above me. (There's atleast a 8 hour playtime difference on those characters). I notice that Shadowmages have such an easy time aggroing and killing everything, it's ridicilous. Warriors take targets down slow, dont have enough defense without shields, health does not matter as much as it should, they have no appropriate AoE applicable for group killing and they just cannot take on a group of more then 3 or 4.
- *** This brings me to another point. I said in the previous factor ''they just cannot take on a group of more then 3 or 4.''. Of course they can, but correct me if I am wrong, warriors have no heal nor does anyone have a, for example, /sit down regenerative option. They rely on potions a lot, and that just doesn't get you back to 100% all the time unless you want to lose them really fast. Which means that prolonged PvE combat is being hindered and you're forced to wait a long time to regenerate or you will simply die at some point.
- *** Get rid of the invisible walls and move them somewhere else. I dont know if this has been pointed out before, but you have rocks in the middle of leveling areas which you cant jump over. And then you have bridges which you dont need to take because you can just walk straight through the deep river which has (from what it looks like) a decently powerful force. You can even do it with your horse!
In these two pictures you can three issues. However, the first one is linked to the ''Fix jumping''
topic. I cant jump over small rocks in the middle of a leveling area but I can simple walk or jump onto a very steep rock? That just doesn't make sense. The second problem is the invisible walls, there's an invisible wall in the first picture where my horse is walking, that doesn't make sense at all. I know you dont want people there so that's kind of an exception, but it's still strange. The third problem would be the bad bridge placement with the supports, it's very strange. I believe people SHOULD be able to jump into the water, that's only logical. But atleast add a drown timer of some sorts and create a small but believable path for people to get back up.
- *** Personalized dungeons. This might be the wrong word, but other then just the temple, I suggest you add dungeons which are actually applicable for groups of four or five. I personally think four is best as there are four different classes. I rated this with three stars because I think people should be able to start doing dungeons or party things at around level 15. (Especially in a game with a ''seemingly'' low cap of 42)
- *** More bag space or.. change the inventory system. It's not as important to some people, but I believe it's a very important part of MMORPG's. My suggestion is as follow: make sure to REMOVE the gear from your inventory once you equip it. It just takes up way too much space given how many equipment there is. (In general just a bad feature, in my opinion). On top of that, you should either create a rune bag seperate from the main inventory or add more inventory slots in general. It doesn't have to be all free, there could be quests/crafting/levels that need to be achieved in order to get these slots.
- *** Balance blocking and dodging. Even though this is purely speaking from a tank warrior perspective. I find it ridicilous that dodge is a lot better then block. Whilst one could always be better than the other for specific situations, dodge shouldn't be easily attained like this. Block is harder to get AND it's less effective.
- *** More quest variety. I dont know if this is a free to play MMORPG thing, but I really think there should be more quests out there which doesn't involve killing constantly over and over again. Such as collecting items (yes, I know there are those here and there), destroying enemy equipment, possibly puzzles, timer quests, survival quests (stay alive for xx in an area with xx mobs spawning every xx seconds). You can really think of anything, this isn't my best department, however.
Now I'll seperate it a bit for the easier use, I'll move onto the ** factors.
- ** Balance health effectiveness. I stated this before, but I believe health should definitely play a bigger role in tanking. Right now I dont see health being very effective.
- ** Alliance options for attackers. Castle Siege attackers would be so much more organized if they could actually use the alliance function effectively.
- ** Add more dailies in one area. I dont believe people are very encouraged to run around from one area to the other just to do ONE daily in each area.
- ** Change potion costs. Although it seems minor, again, I truly believe this is somewhat of importance. A lot of new players will get to a stage where they just cant survive as much without using their potions a lot, you get quite a few from quests but they eventually run out. When you have about 30 or 40 more kills that you NEED to accomplish in order to finish all your quests. It gets rather annoying having to run back / teleport to town (regardless, you'd have to run atleast once) with slow speed just to await an almost 10.000 gold bill for when you want to buy 50 pots (which dissapear rather quickly)
- ** Invisible walls (minor version) This is, obviously, just an excuse to get it mentioned again, but please. Fix these walls, they are so strange and unorthodox it hurts your brain sometimes.
Before (when UI already changed):
- ** Auto target. Should definitely be turned into an actual option.
- ** Tooltip window length. Sometimes people get incredibly annoyed because of tooltips appearing way too fast. This could be an option or just general delay.
- ** Runes for shields. Self-explainatory.
- ** Saving UI actually saved the UI. There are also some other suggestions for the UI, but the main thing is it'd be great if the UI actually saved. Here's an example picture.
You could also add more options to changing the UI. Such as reversing icons, horizontal / vertical options, size changes.
. You shouldn't dismount when using a potion.
* Adjust PK mode. A lot of party members are killing their own members, not good.
* Adjust the value of 'stun'. Stun is not really a debuff, it shouldn't be removed by Purge. (It should not be applicable on target with purge already active, but you shouldn't be able to actually purge while stunned)
Some of them are neccesary, some less. I believe that I'm not the person who can tell you what to do first or what to do at all, these are merely suggestions. I know some things use solely the warrior as an example, but once I study the other classes more, I will be able to understand a lot more and will also post more involving other classes as well.
Changes after the launch
Well.. these are pretty simple, so I'll keep it short.
- Keep adding more dungeons for different levels, doesn't have to be huge, just something new every once in a while.
- Add more armor styles, looks and appearances more and more the longer the game exists.
- Add gear in reward for PvP (not just accesories).
- Random events.
Well.. thats about it, I cannot think of anything else right now. I hope you got atleast one idea from here that you guys will be able to use in the future. And I hope it helps you!
For anyone else outside the actual developers who read this, if you like an idea, please support it by giving this some more popularity and whatnot!
I -WILL- keep this post updated regularily!
YOU CAN ALL SUPPORT THESE IDEAS IN THIS THREAD OR IN THE OFFICIAL THREAD HERE: