mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedJan 27, 2013 2:58 pm

DK Online knowledge base
Hi,

Is it allow to provide more information about game by using game's files?
Do You have a good wiki with such information?

Thanks.

WBR, Nick
Advertisement

Kaoticdearl

Rank 0
PostedJan 27, 2013 9:44 pm

dk online adds

genders and classes
I would like to say that I love the game, the graphics are very nice and I love my Paladin.But I would like to say that I would like to see male and female choices for all races, and would like maybe all classes as well.I know it's still the beginning but me and majority of Dk online fans would like to see.Thank You for the wonderful job.

val9124

Rank 0
val9124
PostedJan 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Suggestions
I know this is a waste of breath because I sent the suggestion in at closed beta and stress test, so now here goes again......

Open another area or city STRICTLY for selling of items only for players to go to. In the cities is too hard to move around in. Raden is getting almost impossible to find the NPC's in because everyone is camped selling by the warehouse and item merchants. You probably won't read this either so I don't know why you keep asking for our opinions when you don't acknowledge them.

If you can ban or block players from talking in the shout box because they say something wrong then I know you can make a filter to use to block out the gold spammers. If they use the words buy + gold + www within a sentence or with in so many words of each other then they are blocked. Surely you can do that. You only allow so many names in each list and on 2 of my characters I already have at least 15 blocked gold spammers and the game is not 3 weeks old yet!

godofsmoke420

Rank 0
PostedJan 27, 2013 11:47 pm

DKO

good game
I like this game a lot not much to say i agree with every post one here. We need a place to sell would help with lag in towns. getting to pick male and female would be a plus. have not gone back to shaiya at all and i dont really miss the game so that says a lot about it right there.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 28, 2013 4:59 am
filipvarga wrote:
Prices are going to raise with time and there's not much you can do to prevent it.
More players -> more mobs killed -> more gold dropping -> gold is worth less and less and people ask for higher prices.  

I'm going to be very Blunt.

Any game that ties the tradeable currency with the ability to farm it within the game, will be exploitable, and will enjoy rapid inflation.

The only game currency system I have seen created that actually minimized and sometimes eliminates inflation, is one that makes the farmable currency usable only at NPCs. For a currency that players trade, they tied it to a Quest which had an AP item as the key ingredient. In other words, Inflation was only able to occur if the interest in that quest was large enough. And, it wasn't. As soon as the value of that Item reached equilibrium with the reward of the quest involved, players simply stopped buying.

This system also creates a barrier for gold sellers.

Unfortunately, I have yet to see a game that started with one currency, adopt this two currency strategy. I really think they should find a way to do it though, as it is nearly gold seller-foolproof, and it prevents inflation.

zeruels

Rank 0
PostedJan 28, 2013 8:36 am

Suggestions

Suggestions
Cuando uno se pone el set deberia dejar de verse en los slot del inventario , por ejemplo yo m pongo el ring , arma , etc y se me quedan ocupando lugar en los slot del inventario.
Tambien podrian agregar alguna subclase u otra clase mas .

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedJan 28, 2013 8:38 am
Rekikyo wrote:
filipvarga wrote:
Prices are going to raise with time and there's not much you can do to prevent it.
More players -> more mobs killed -> more gold dropping -> gold is worth less and less and people ask for higher prices.  

Any game that ties the tradeable currency with the ability to farm it within the game, will be exploitable, and will enjoy rapid inflation.

The only game currency system I have seen created that actually minimized and sometimes eliminates inflation, is one that makes the farmable currency usable only at NPCs. For a currency that players trade, they tied it to a Quest which had an AP item as the key ingredient. In other words, Inflation was only able to occur if the interest in that quest was large enough. And, it wasn't. As soon as the value of that Item reached equilibrium with the reward of the quest involved, players simply stopped buying.

Unfortunately, I have yet to see a game that started with one currency, adopt this two currency strategy. I really think they should find a way to do it though, as it is nearly gold seller-foolproof, and it prevents inflation.  

We are still awaiting Reputation Points to be a currency If Im not mistaken. For now we have Battle Points to acquire certain unique Items, which is good, and would be even better if those Items arent tradeable (maybe they are, I dont know. Havent had a chance to get my hands on one of those items yet).

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 28, 2013 12:18 pm
filipvarga wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
filipvarga wrote:

We are still awaiting Reputation Points to be a currency If Im not mistaken. For now we have Battle Points to acquire certain unique Items, which is good, and would be even better if those Items arent tradeable (maybe they are, I dont know. Havent had a chance to get my hands on one of those items yet).  

Reputation is not a second currency. It is its own market.

What I'm talking about is a system where two currencies produce and trade the same product.

For example, I farm an armor in game.
I have the option to either sell it on auction for a nontradeable currency tax, rewarded by real gold (AP only), Or I have the choice to NPC it for a much lower price. This type of currency setup creates a relationship between the two currencies, for the same item.

The Real gold Buy-in wouldn't even have to be an AP item. It could be a Level 20/25 Quest doable only once daily, that rewards between 10 -15 Gold (or in the case of DKO, a game that trades in the millions, 10000-15000). Then, Balance that quest out by offering something like a resistance enhancement merchant that uses that gold up, if a player so chooses. Or, tie the real gold to a merchant that combines/sells Metamorph scrolls. Or, tie it to a merchant that sells level 1 Runes for Real gold. Or, do all of the above.

Doing so would create a Consumer Surplus for Real Gold. In other words, there would be more of a demand for gold, than gold produced. This effectively creates deflation, and if implemented correctly, it would eliminate inflation, by constantly consuming the new currency.

Dratuig

Rank 0
PostedJan 28, 2013 7:23 pm

leveling and quests..

I am level 30 and I have been trying to level to 31 for 1 and 1/2 days. I even went to a new city where the monsters are level 37, seven levels higher than me and I still ge like only .30 percent per kill. I find it ridiculus. And I thought this was supposed to be a solo pvp as well as social. Why is it then that I need to be in a large party to complete the quests in the temple of the lost gods. I prefer playing alone and find it unfair. And what really pisses me of is when I try to mount runes or use magic scrolls on weapons and armor. I think 8 out of ten times they fail. And I I already have a rune in I lose that one also. I have no idea where to find those blue stones that help my chances of success. I think the game needs some improvement. Norm

Copp3r

Rank 0
PostedJan 28, 2013 8:10 pm

The game so far...

I personally like it, it's not very addictive, but it is very enjoyable. I like morphing into other creatures. I'm currently a Lvl 11 Paladin Lycan and like healing and being a tank so far. Very Happy I think leveling gets kind of slow though at levels 10-20. The game's quest kind of seem repetitive and I've played dozens of games where I needed to grind to level up and fight others, but I'd like to see a variety of quests that take you to new places. The entire beginning area is beautiful though, then getting to the main town is even better. Personally though I'd like to play as a ranged class, because as much as I love slash and hacking creatures with a sword and bumping them with my shield, I would like to shoot a bow or crossbow through something or someone's skull. The jump in the game is very low though. I would like the jump in the game look more natural instead of all of sudden dropping done in the air and more useful instead of not being able to jump on rocks or over fences. The jumping seems to just be in it for the appeal. The other thing to is sometimes when I go next to trees when I click to move it doesn't let me move out of the tree when I click. I need to use the keyboard to get away from the tree. The last thing I would like to see is an auto-route system. It just makes the game much eaiser, especially when it's a long walk from Point A to .Point B Exclamation

If you read this thank you for making this game. I hope to see some improvement when I ever play this game again. Its still a great game with beautiul art Smile , but lacks in some minor details that could be put into.