GMLeo

GameMaster: USA
GMLeo
PostedJan 25, 2013 1:21 pm   Last edited by GMLeo on Jan 25, 2013 8:48 pm. Edited 1 time in total

DKO Community Initiatives

Some information on our plans for you guys!

Hey folks! I wanted to give you guys a heads up on some of the community initiatives we've been developing over the past few weeks. Please do share your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on these topics via reply or PM!

Social Media

We have a lot planned for how we utilize our social media. We are currently putting the finishing touches on a Tumblr page to post media such as screenshots, videos, concept art, and other exciting new content! We will be sure to announce it once it's ready.

We will continue to keep our Facebook updated and also plan on adjusting how we're utilizing twitter to more actively engage with you guys. Lastly, our youtube channel needs some new video postings, so we're working on a few ideas. We welcome any and all suggestions for things that YOU want to see!

Community Engagement

So often we see a poll being run with some kind of "1 to 5" rating on a question that most of you folks really don't care about. Our goal is to create interactive and meaningful methods of interacting with you and really make you feel like your voices are being heard.

We WILL still run some polls, as this is the quickest and most efficient way to get a "broad" idea of player concerns. However, we intend to design in-depth surveys and questionnaires to really flesh out the specifics of your ideas and opinions.

Ideally, we want to target current issues. Stuff like "Which class was your favorite in Open Beta and why?" then follow up with a survey asking for your ideas on how and what we could have improved.  

Please post up if you have ideas or suggestions. These aren't ALL the ideas we're working on but this is what you will be seeing in the coming weeks!
Advertisement

Bioghost20

Rank 0
PostedJan 25, 2013 8:46 pm
So far I'm loving the game. I think by far one of the best looking free to play games to date. I'm also loving the Paladin class. I have noticed players getting stuck up on some small stuff like. Say crossing a bridge and you clip a small corner boom. You can't move. Also the NPC's. If a lot of players gather around them. It's almost impossible to talk to the NPC's. And some of the points used for Str./Wis./Int./ etc....seem to be very weak. Maybe it's just me but a lot of players are complaining that its broken or something.

Either way loving the game.....can't wait to see where it goes. Keep it up.

smileybee

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
smileybee
PostedJan 25, 2013 8:55 pm
5!! I love the game I love the community and I constantly stalks tumblr so please !! -hoards concept art-

C:

Dotskie

Rank 0
Dotskie
PostedJan 25, 2013 9:19 pm
The game is good and has a potential to be best and the system it has, both implemented and not yet, are good for end-game content. We players are hoping to get those system patched sooner than later. I would like suggest that the lag issue to be fix first and second is for the stats to be fix and the scaling of str/int through dmge/m.atks 3rd would be the Water Elemental should've not taken any share of the exp earned.

I enjoy playing DK atm and hoping for success on your team for the development of this game. Can't w8 for future progress. More Power!

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedJan 25, 2013 9:57 pm
I don't think it's possible to say anything else other than that the Game is improving and has already shown it's quite addictive. It has a great community and a lot of opinions, I myself love that Wink

I think its a good idea to get these threads going as well. Keeps the Community into the Forum Aspect.

Relaera

Rank 4
Relaera
PostedJan 25, 2013 10:53 pm
In-depth Likert-scale-centered survey with open-ended sections for detailed feedback. AP reward or IM item reward for completing it. Spam responses are fairly easily identified.

Gives you a quantitative assessment of your selected key issues, qualitative feedback on player-important specifics, an internal link to user demographics, and provides incentives for players to complete a well-thought-out survey.

Best way to keep people interested in giving you feedback, make a post summarizing the round's key issues, so you're providing an update / response to major issues. Keep the people in the loop!

Dratuig

Rank 0
PostedJan 25, 2013 11:44 pm

personal selling of items

I think there should be a pecific place for players to open their own shop. When they do it in market place or areas you need to get or return quests I cannot find the npcs due to all the people standing around selling things with these bif black boxes over their chacters head. It is dumb.

icifyr

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2013 1:33 am
It's funny I see this thread a few days after a whole bunch of threads relating to the issue where people are able to log onto other people's characters just as the servers are going up were deleted. Customer service is appalling -- to me it seems like the only way you guys "fix" a problem is by sweeping it under the carpet and ignoring it.

Fyr - Level 37 Shadowmage (main, bleh) Icifyr - Level 30 Sorceress (quit, waiting for bug fixes) Ici - Level 20 Shadowmage (alt, build testing character)

steven2300

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2013 3:06 am

video idea

i enjoy DK online but if your going to put a video together you should explain some of the more complicated system and areas of the game you should have the background story and the story of the two gods that everyone fights over followed up by a pre recorded PvP fight for RvR make an event out of it for the members of DK and they will show up (prob help with Eos situation for pvp or not) show a few clases hitting a few mobs and such

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedJan 26, 2013 3:55 am
Reffering to the last sentence: For more information, Aeria Games is expected to tell. Info pl0x D: