icifyr

Rank 0
PostedJan 24, 2013 1:54 am
Anarchist69x wrote:
Remove ebilfish from all in-game events from now on. He just ruined many players nights during that last 30 minutes of RvR. Repeatedly spawning golden elite bosses directly on Dione while fighting Eos on the bridge intentionally killing us forcing us to lose both experience and glory points.  

I think it was North.

Fyr - Level 37 Shadowmage (main, bleh) Icifyr - Level 30 Sorceress (quit, waiting for bug fixes) Ici - Level 20 Shadowmage (alt, build testing character)
Advertisement

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedJan 24, 2013 3:03 am
That was totally North but Fishy had her share of doing that during Stress Test, tut tut tut bad GM and PM bad e.e

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!

godofsmoke420

Rank 0
PostedJan 24, 2013 3:24 am

A let down

DKO
lvl 20 paladin
lvl 30 SM

i went with paladin bc that was my toon in CBT and i loved it then but now with the cool down time of the heal spell i cant grind the way i use too having to kill one at a time sucks! So, i went to SM class bc i heard they where the new OP class and well they are for grinding and making money in game they are the best not so much for pvp. i lvled twice as fast with my SM and made 4x as much gold.

this is a let down to me bc my fav class in any game is the paladin and it sucks to play you need a lot of pots and need to pot often almost every pull i need one mp pot and one hp pots these add up fast. i did the battle paladin left tree with some right tree just was not fun to make money.

so my plan is to lvl up my SM farm and make money to help found my paladin in gear runes enchantments so i can play my paladin with more ease.

i still like the game just not happy to play a casting class bc i just dont like them not my game style

shichrishi

Rank 0
PostedJan 24, 2013 11:42 am
Could improve / fix:

1) STR / INT instead of giving 1 point effective, could make 2/3 effective dots, so that if increases in 42 (6) STR / INT of 84 or 126 actual attack, already change much if you think an attack that exceed 1200 (every 6 points, 2/3 effective), from 400/600 actual attack, if i'm not mistaken calculations (pg also think the magic resistance, so i am not exaggerating to say 400/600)

2) Correct the exp the summon elemental activated, adjust the button to send him away

3) Tell the Eos that there RvR

4) Quake great skill, however, could be improved or with the cast of 1 second or with the stunt than 2 seconds, because to cast it takes too much time, in comparison with the other AoE of other classes

5) FPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

for the rest great game xD

Tactus

Rank 0
PostedJan 24, 2013 1:43 pm
I think the paladin heal change was exactly what needed to be done. I played a paladin in BST and being able to constantly heal and never die is fun, but it is OP. So far the only argument against this that I've seen has bee "I'm not OP anymore, change it back please." Not a very valid argument. Granted level 1 and level 2 cool-downs could be slightly reduced.

Shadowmage needs to be fixed. Currently they can Hybrid WAY too effectively and they are by far the most OP class. I would suggest splitting their stats so damage skills are only effective with INT and heal skills are only effective with WIS. By doing this you'll still be able to Hybrid but not as effectively as going INT for damage and WIS for healing.

INT and STR stats need to be adjusted. They don't feel like they have any use at all. As things currently are I could level up to 42 without using a single stat point and be just as effective as someone with full STR or INT--this just isn't right. If this is as designed, then why let us put stat points in as we level? Just automatically assign them for players so they don't notice they don't have an effect.

Warriors need to be seriously looked at. I don't agree with most people that Warrior should be the most OP class, but they are currently very lacking in everything.

Swords/Broadswords are very broken. At level 1 a single hand sword is of course lower level damage than a two hand sword. However, somewhere around level 10, this switches. To which, my only response can be .... what? No.. seriously.... what?

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 24, 2013 3:59 pm
Tactus wrote:

Shadowmage needs to be fixed. Currently they can Hybrid WAY too effectively and they are by far the most OP class. I would suggest splitting their stats so damage skills are only effective with INT and heal skills are only effective with WIS. By doing this you'll still be able to Hybrid but not as effectively as going INT for damage and WIS for healing.

INT and STR stats need to be adjusted. They don't feel like they have any use at all. As things currently are I could level up to 42 without using a single stat point and be just as effective as someone with full STR or INT--this just isn't right. If this is as designed, then why let us put stat points in as we level? Just automatically assign them for players so they don't notice they don't have an effect.

I do not consider SM overpowered. I consider Paladins underpowered, and Sorcs Underpowered. Warriors are very close to where they need to be.

Your statements here also contradict one another:
In one you say,
"Int should be less powerful."
In the other you say,
"Int has no use at all."

Int adds 1.2 Magic attack on a Sorceress, 1 Magic attack on a Shadow Mage. In addition, it adds .5 magic crit, and 1 poison damage per 50 Magic attack (10 Int).

That adds up to about 15% of combat overall parameter, and there are about 4 other factors, like skill damage, rune buffs, defense and attack bases, and enchants. Imo, that's pretty balanced. Believe it or not, 15% is where base stats currently are on Shaiya as well. Granted, linking increases stats sizably in shaiya, Linked stats only account for about another 15-20% of combat parameters. In other words, the balance is in line with another AGE successful game.

I have a feeling you don't know how powerful bosses are in this game btw. The most uber SM's will not be able to tank them. Furthermore, even at max heals, they will only heal 1/4 of a Paladin's HP, and only 1/3 of a warrior's. The game at 42 will be much different than the game at 25-33.

Sword/2hander: Explain?

Level 40 Heroic/Legendary Weapons have 163 or so attack on a long sword, and 286 on a broadsword. How is that backwards?

I'm guessing you might be referring to the fact that low weapons enchanted to [10] are similar in attack since enchants are linear( Putting level 30 longsword and broadsword differences at only about 40.

I'll repeat something as Pure puts it:
A warrior with a good team is the most powerful class in the game.
A warrior with no support is the weakest class.

They have strong skills all around. The problem is they are all offensive. Their damage addies are the highest in the game (Deathblow adds 190). In pvp, they kill faster than any other class. In parties with support, they are also the fastest killing class.

MalchikGay01

Rank 0
MalchikGay01
PostedJan 24, 2013 4:15 pm
I made a sorceress. then got wiped. Then I made a new sorceress, then it got wiped again. So I made another sorceress and trained her to level 25 then there is this sever set back. I'm not mad or anything, just a bit annoyed. But now i will just wait for the new race/class, which will be my main.

000Ace000

Rank 0
000Ace000
PostedJan 24, 2013 4:19 pm
MalchikGay01 wrote:
I made a sorceress. then got wiped. Then I made a new sorceress, then it got wiped again. So I made another sorceress and trained her to level 25 then there is this sever set back. I'm not mad or anything, just a bit annoyed. But now i will just wait for the new race/class, which will be my main.  

Though there is no estimated date at all when it might be released, so you probably will have to wait a while.

MalchikGay01

Rank 0
MalchikGay01
PostedJan 24, 2013 4:31 pm
Yeah I don't mind though, I usually pick archers , I just hope the wait is worth it.

Tactus

Rank 0
PostedJan 24, 2013 4:32 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Your statements here also contradict one another:
In one you say,
"Int should be less powerful."
In the other you say,
"Int has no use at all."  

You are obviously ESL--which is not bad, but you didn't understand my post at all. I did not say INT should be less powerful, I said they need to segment healing and damage on a Shadowmage. It isn't logical that one stat boosts both damage and healing. With how this game is set up, f that continues to be the case then over time the Shadowmage will easily become the most played class.

I don't think stating that a class is 'balanced' only when playing with other classes. That in itself is completely illogical. By saying something is balanced under very strict criteria is just like saying it is not actually balanced. The warrior still needs some balancing.

I haven't played a Paladin too much in OBT, so I can't--and didn't--say much about it's actual balance. What I did say was their heal in BST was Brilliant and made it impossible for them to die. They were their own pocket healer. A Paladin should have the role of a tank, if they choose, and that should not mean they are their own healer. (Yes, heals can be used as a form of damage mitigation but this game isn't even close to that complexity so it should be left as a separate healing role.)

They need to more clearly refine the class roles--the changes to the paladin heal have made it so the paladin is not a healer. Now they need to modify the Shadowmage so it has a clearly defined healing role, and a clearly defined damage role.

Saying one class is just right and the rest are underpowered also doesn't make sense--that isn't how balancing works. From your past posts you seem very bright Rekikyo, but your communication seems to put big clouds around the points you're trying to make--or in the understanding of other peoples' posts. If you would take some extra time to understand a post before responding or make your post understandable I think you would be a very valuable person to improving this game going forward, just my honest opinion.