Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Ingame opinion
w1ldsl4sh wrote:

-mdef for pvp: plz plz increase magic defense I'm finding that the magic based classes hurts like crap on me even the sm dots (yes i have spiritual cleansing) hurts.

Apolinar-NegaNebulus  

I won't say anything to the rest of the post, but this one is something I thought I should clarify; Mages have a substantial Party buff that increases magic resistance. The game was similar in Stress Tests to now in magic defense, and in pvp magic was hitting almost nothing! It wasn't uncommon to hit a party with a Sorc in it for only 90-100 damage on base hits, and then a small tick. I think once you have a well developed party, you won't be complaining about magic resist as much.

Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:38 pm
oronen33740 wrote:

lol so i need all colors before trying to rune it? and like what does it do improve the stats of the item?  

You do not need ALL runes before trying to link any. You can link a red, then farm yellows, etc.

As for what it improves, it says on the rune itself, something like,
Red Pulsing Might Rune
Str +4

That's pretty self explanatory. It increases your STR stat by 4 when wearing the gear it is linked to.

M4lightning

Rank 0
M4lightning
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:38 pm
The things I dont like are:

1- Int adds a very little Magic Attack, which makes most of Full Int classes useless (I think Str its very similar).
2- Con doesnt add Armor defense, which makes Full Con classes with high hp but can be dead in a few hits if not goodly geared.
3- In general, every stat (but Con and Wis) seems to not working properly, just my opinion.
4- The difference of gold with Ogres and Temple are very little, and their difference is really big, I would suggest not to nerf Ogres, but to increase gold obtained in Temple, since its a dungeon.
5- Dungeons (like Temple) should have a boost in exp (around 10-20%), since monsters there are a bit overpowered.

icifyr

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:39 pm
Dislikes:
- Sorc "Quake" skill channel duration reduce to 1 second with no mention on patch notes (basically nullifies sorc AoE potential)
- Sorc elemental, stealing around 20% exp.
- SM wrong ranges on some skills

Fyr - Level 37 Shadowmage (main, bleh) Icifyr - Level 30 Sorceress (quit, waiting for bug fixes) Ici - Level 20 Shadowmage (alt, build testing character)

w1ldsl4sh

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:42 pm
At rekikyo: hmm I forgot about that party buff but I've never really seen people using it even though it's a huge benefit. I agree about your point however mages and sms shouldn't be able to completely wipe out melee classes as they do now (i know war has some problems with it)

annsachd

Rank 2
annsachd
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:52 pm
Forgot to mention this >.>

LV1 SM buffs overdrive LV3 buffs. This should not be possible.

Have a guild? Add it to the list!

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:56 pm
M4lightning wrote:
The things I dont like are:

4- The difference of gold with Ogres and Temple are very little, and their difference is really big, I would suggest not to nerf Ogres, but to increase gold obtained in Temple, since its a dungeon.
5- Dungeons (like Temple) should have a boost in exp (around 10-20%), since monsters there are a bit overpowered.  

The other points are merely opinion but I'd like to address these since they are more subjective.

Ogres give an average of 200 gold solo.
Temple gives around 350-450 gold solo.
That's a substantial difference (perhaps you were in a party?)

The reason ogre farming is effective is simple the kill rate and pull rate (I can keep an ogre pull full to max aggro).

As for XP:
Level 37 mobs outside Emphlant I tested at 32. They gave me .6 %
At that same level, One mob in Floor 2 of temple gave me 1.3% (Level 31 mobs)
Ogres gave me .06 (25)

So I do believe what you are suggesting here is already incorporated. The key factor that might be bogging down your experience in dungeon is the need for a party to make it effective. And every party member takes from your exp/gold.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:58 pm
annsachd wrote:
Forgot to mention this >.>

LV1 SM buffs overdrive LV3 buffs. This should not be possible.  

Explain? Do you mean Override?

Atm, the game goes by "the last skill cast." I experience this alot when 2 SM's are in a grind party on poisons. If someone casts Poison Cloud after me, theirs overrides mine and mine is finished.

annsachd

Rank 2
annsachd
PostedJan 23, 2013 9:08 pm
Yes, I meant override. If someone uses Lv 3 Wolf's Aspect, and a second later Lv 1 Wolf's Aspect is used, the buff you receive is will be from Lv 1 Wolf's Aspect.

Have a guild? Add it to the list!

Scalinger2

Rank 0
Scalinger2
PostedJan 23, 2013 9:33 pm   Last edited by Scalinger2 on Jan 23, 2013 9:35 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Ob is really cool, it's a joke that a speed buff can make you as fast as a mount, which makes mounts pretty pointless. That works in my benefit, since i npc'd my regular mount thinking the +40% speed mount was permanent.

I find it strange that they post melee dps in stats but not magic dps.

I like all the new lands, they are very pwetty.

Pertaining to lvling as a sorc, it's felt the same in every version, not too hard if you do it right.