Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Let's Discuss OB and it's progress as we experience it!

Okay just a thought, but there's no reason we have to be slamming Shoutbox with our frustrations while we wait on GM's to get the game going again.

Let's Start a Thread discussion what we've discovered in Open Beta so far, and what we would like to change!

I'll comment as I deem necessary, but I'm going to let you guys start off the topic.

Things I expect:
-Mature atmosphere
-Succinct and Well thought out ideas
-Both fully developed knowledge, and knowledge gained through assumptions (Both are useful, because we have players who know alot about how things work, and we have players who know very little; getting them together helps everyone!)

It would be nice if you label your post with your level, class that you are playing!

Things I do NOT expect:
-Flaming
-Trolling
-Personal insults
-Comparisons that violate the ToS (like comparing DKO to a game outside Aeria Games)

So Go!

-Infinity/Amaranth
Advertisement

bmx000

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:20 pm   Last edited by bmx000 on Jan 23, 2013 8:22 pm. Edited 1 time in total
1st

LOL Well I just wanted to say that somehow in closed beta ..this problem they are having now should have been found in closed beta and not in Open...

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:20 pm
I was happy to see that OB offered an item to allow players to restat at level 30 to fix anything adjust builds regarding stats. However, there is still something missing, the ability to play around with various builds at your leisure, and see what you think works best.

The ability to spec skills and stat points limitless before level 20, perhaps even charge a bit of gold for this if necessary.

Afterward if the ability to do this needs to be a CS item, I would understand.

Outside of that, there is one other thing that has my concern.

Runes. Success rate for mounting runes. I either have extremely bad luck or the rate has dropped significantly.

Random side note:
I love that guild levels now do something, those passive buffs are pretty nice <3

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

oronen33740

Rank 0
oronen33740
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:21 pm
personly dont rage on gms just frustrating.. its my first mmopg or whatever it called and i like it alot.. kidna addicted mmm i think they should allow more points per level to add... definitly add archer characther..

mmm and can someone explain me the runes thing i dont get it yellow red blue green wth is that

AzuliteKnight

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:23 pm

I have found

This game's awesome.
Sadly I love this game to much to wait for our glorious coders to fix it. So I must go to sleep so I may wake up and play this great game at 1AM But that's all good b/c I have a addiction. I NEED this game and I just started playing. Someone help me D: ..... Lol So back to sleep I go~ Also could this game get any better? Only people who could answer that is the coders b/c they are wizards, or at least the closest thing to that in this World. Also I'd like to thank everyone helping to get the game back online <3

firelife

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:24 pm
well like any CB it has bugs XD at least its playable. *when the servers are up.

w1ldsl4sh

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Ingame opinion
As much as I enjoy Dk Online I'm gonna have to say Paladins need to be reworked on certain skills.
Specifically as a tank paladin
-Threat regarding provoke/endless insult.. i enjoy these as they work now in obt but however still need to up the aggressive points some more to actually hold mobs to par as sorceress's aoe or sm aoe dots.
-lack of aoe: still needs to add an aoe at least for tank paladin to actually be useful in grind parties like temple aside from taunting mobs.
-mdef for pvp: plz plz increase magic defense I'm finding that the magic based classes hurts like crap on me even the sm dots (yes i have spiritual cleansing) hurts.
-avatar duration needs to be increased around 40 sec or so for it to actually count with the cooldown of 3 mins. 15 sec is very short to get anything done. Another idea is to make it into a party buff not a self blessing after all the right sided Paladin is about supporting the party.
-Talents such as blessed weapon needs to be flipped around with Res on the other side of tree.
-Divine sigil is a blessing as a tank pally but it can be flipped with the magic defense talent on the other side although it does make it harder for us to actually do damage in pvp although more survivability would be great.

As ingame things are actually better aside from the horrible fps in town with shops (add an auction house! that would make my day). Bring back the old enchanting rates! i've noticed i fail horribly on enchanting on certain items and those power stones barely do anything so either fix it or the stones before the item mall opens up. Now for the elephant in the room.. RvR is barely happening so please add an incentive or reward that actually motivates more players of BOTH FACTIONS (eos plz) after all this game is suppose to be pvp based not temple grind based. Please increase the drops of red and blue runes, I'm finding way too many people have yellow types
Other than that and of my class i like how it is.

Apolinar-NegaNebulus

caprontos

Rank 1
caprontos
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:30 pm
Paladin heal cooldown is far to long for the skill to be all that relevant. It doesn't cooldown quickly enough to heal yourself/someone else in grinding.

A 1min or even 90sec cool down would be enough for the heal to be relevant again.

Personally I would prefer the old heal back though from CB or ST.

Second thing that needs more buffing are the aggression skills for paladin.. The cooldown reductions are welcome.. However they fail to hold aggro most of the time and even harder to pull aggro if someone has already taken it - even when you constantly spam them. They are more or lest a waste of points. They need to add a lot more aggression..

Also note these skills have no or little use in PVP or solo play.. So there is little reason they should not just be buffed to pull far more aggression (maybe even 2000 at level 1 skill). I can't think of any reason not to make them OP at pulling and holding aggro.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:31 pm
oronen33740 wrote:

mmm and can someone explain me the runes thing i dont get it yellow red blue green wth is that  

Okay. When linking runes in gear, They require this order:

Red
Yellow
Blue
Green
(2 slots beyond these can be linked anything)
(White also exists, but it can be linked in any slot)

White, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple Gear All Accept Red
Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple Gear All Accept Yellow
Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple Gear All Accept Blue
Yellow, Pink, Purple Gear Accept Accept Green

You Must link red before linking a yellow rune, etc.

Also, if a Yellow Rune fails, your Red Rune you already linked will break, and you have to start over. There is an AP item to prevent this, but it's not available quite yet.

oronen33740

Rank 0
oronen33740
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:34 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
oronen33740 wrote:

Okay. When linking runes in gear, They require this order:

Red
Yellow
Blue
Green
(2 slots beyond these can be linked anything)
(White also exists, but it can be linked in any slot)

White, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple Gear All Accept Red
Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple Gear All Accept Yellow
Blue, Yellow, Pink, Purple Gear All Accept Blue
Yellow, Pink, Purple Gear Accept Accept Green

You Must link red before linking a yellow rune, etc.

Also, if a Yellow Rune fails, your Red Rune you already linked will break, and you have to start over. There is an AP item to prevent this, but it's not available quite yet.  

lol so i need all colors before trying to rune it? and like what does it do improve the stats of the item?