slimeyava

Rank 3
slimeyava
PostedJan 23, 2013 5:48 am

Competitive boosting and "glitches"

As long as you don't use binos or c4, go outside of the map, or look through walls you are fine. Nega's nade thru the wall was fine because anyone can do it and it also is not something where it is unfair to the opponent. You can nade spot the same spots anyway.

Here is an example from cs 1.6 of similar things (cs 1.6 being the most competitive and money-making FPS esport game ever... the video done by one of the best teams ever for it that make a living on the game)

http://youtu.be/gmaR9T-UsTg?t=23m44s

Also another one:

http://youtu.be/gmaR9T-UsTg?t=24m41s

If you complain about things like boosting a teammate onto somewhere you just don't understand FPS games. It is normal and standard for a good team to have secret boosts or spots they use to get better positons. Now going outside the map, behind a wall where you can see them and they can't see you, and other things would be unfair.
Advertisement

JazonVoorheeS

Rank 2
JazonVoorheeS
PostedJan 23, 2013 5:55 am

Re: Competitive boosting and "glitches"

slimeyava wrote:
As long as you don't use binos or c4, go outside of the map, or look through walls you are fine. Nega's nade thru the wall was fine because anyone can do it and it also is not something where it is unfair to the opponent. You can nade spot the same spots anyway.

Here is an example from cs 1.6 of similar things (cs 1.6 being the most competitive and money-making FPS esport game ever... the video done by one of the best teams ever for it that make a living on the game)

Also another one:

If you complain about things like boosting a teammate onto somewhere you just don't understand FPS games. It is normal and standard for a good team to have secret boosts or spots they use to get better positons. Now going outside the map, behind a wall where you can see them and they can't see you, and other things would be unfair.  

So its alright if i run around on roofs on hammerblow or dual sight? I dont need binos/c4 for that.

Its not alright to use glitches just because someone else is doing it. And i am **** sure that every not so well known player would have gotten banned if he would have done it in a pub if someone recorded him and made a ticket

kitkatbomb

Rank 2
PostedJan 23, 2013 5:59 am

slimeyava wrote:

Also another one:

No, don't do this pls, drama is incoming now...

Btw blast wasn't penalized for that nade, one can question the sportsmanship of the move but nobody should really care.

P.S. everybody can also bino, c4, and go outside of the map, it all boils down to what is unfair and what not and everyone will have his own opinion

kitkatbomb

Rank 2
PostedJan 23, 2013 6:01 am

JazonVoorheeS wrote:
would have gotten banned if he would have done it in a pub if someone recorded him and made a ticket  

you have a point actually

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedJan 23, 2013 6:18 am
Bring this to Aeria instead.

By Aerias rules, what Negadid is supposedly bannable, but by most competative leagues it is not

Thus its Aerias fault for making too strict rules and not emnforcing them correctly

IMO it is unneccesarry to even make things like this bannable and Aaeria should change their rules about this, when it comes to doing things without any complex things

even in Iesf I have seen people jumping on tanks on hammer and jumping on barrel to get on top of that huge brick-like thing next to the warehouse

If anything these strict rules make things even more confusing, now how can I know if I am even allowed to use those 2 things on hammer blow, or jump from window to ledge in scorpion (the one near last defenders spawn)

I just thing Aeria has gone too far with their rulings and IjjiS rulings on this were better and should be brought back...as in as long as you dont go outside of maps or in places where you are not visible, it should be fine, thuse even bino boosting on e-boat and black hawk to get a shortcut should be fine and add more flexibility to the game (for example now if you are stuck in defenders spawn on e-boat, you are pretty much doomed since you have only 1 way out)

Why do Zombies want your Brains? Because you do not use them anyway!

kitkatbomb

Rank 2
PostedJan 23, 2013 6:23 am
XiaoJyun wrote:
even in Iesf I have seen people jumping on tanks on hammer and jumping on barrel to get on top of that huge brick-like thing next to the warehouse  

that's just normal jumping, it's straight game mechanics, I don't think anybody ever has complained about that, except when it was possible to set c4 on the tank

armgim

Rank 0
armgim
PostedJan 23, 2013 6:26 am
I have actually played 1.6 competitively in 2003.-2004. I said played, not being successfull.

Anyway, you have to find map rules. It depends on tournaments, but they are generally same.

Under rules, you have map screenshots, with where climbing is allowed, and where it isn't. I remember it being marked in blue and red.

I really don't follow rules, nor do I play competitive on AVA, but if there is something in rules against it, you should not do it or face being DQ.

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedJan 23, 2013 6:30 am
kitkatbomb wrote:
XiaoJyun wrote:

that's just normal jumping, it's straight game mechanics, I don't think anybody ever has complained about that, except when it was possible to set c4 on the tank  

well this is not much different than throwing a nade, is it? Trust me, I am far from being someone who would like iNega, but that thing IMO is perfectly legit, its a simple nade throw, it is Redducks fault to leave a hole there, nonetheless the story would be different if he, as a GS didnt report that before hand, but we cant know that

I am just implying that IMO the whole C4/vbino glitch thing should not be an issue, especialy in pubs. I cant say how much fun I had getting to enemy base on e-boat (before these rulings) and destroying the enemy team

kitkatbomb

Rank 2
PostedJan 23, 2013 7:37 am
XiaoJyun wrote:
nonetheless the story would be different if he, as a GS didnt report that before hand, but we cant know that  

well following your reasoning it's catch 22 from whatever angle you see it: if he didn't report it he was in negligence (and he shouldn't have used it, cuz gs report things to get fixed), if he did report it then he shouldn't have used it equally.

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:02 am
kitkatbomb wrote:
XiaoJyun wrote:
nonetheless the story would be different if he, as a GS didnt report that before hand, but we cant know that  

well following your reasoning it's catch 22 from whatever angle you see it: if he didn't report it he was in negligence (and he shouldn't have used it, cuz gs report things to get fixed), if he did report it then he shouldn't have used it equally.  

He needs to report a mistake in the map (that being invisible wall). Until it is fixxed, it is assumed intended and can thus be used. Besides its not like he needs to report the nade going through, but the fact that just about anything could glitch through

if you know what I mean, besides hes using it competatively, where use of this is allowed, he is not breaking ESL rules, but Aerias rules (and in this case its Aerias job to punish him appropriately, ESL doesnt have much to do with it)