draketai6

Rank 1
draketai6
PostedJan 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Is enchanting/fortification in this game bad?

Frustrating? Maddening?
Hi.

I really like this game. I like playing it and I enjoy leveling up. Thing is I plan for the long haul and if I get in to a game and invest time I want to be sure that I won't eventually hit some kind of wall that makes me want to stop playing because then I will feel like I wasted that time instead of feeling rewarded and continuing to have fun.

Essentially...I like anime style MMO's. I really do. I mean I like anime, and I like MMORPGs...so when you mix 'em together I have no issue. Thing is, I hate gear enchanting systems that crucify you with RNG. Inevitably I will fail an enchant multiple times and end up wasting thousands of gold, and it will make me want to log off and have absolutely no motivation to log back in...

Is Eden Eternals system like that? I've read if you fail, the piece destroys itself completely, which is anything but a compelling reason to press on leveling. When I hit the level cap I'll want to best my gear as much as I can but if I can't do that without experiencing a mountain of frustrating from rolling the dice so many times I'd rather not waste the time...

I appreciate any insight on this issue of mine...
Advertisement

Gahloman

Rank 0
Gahloman
PostedJan 22, 2013 10:43 pm
I suppose I'll break it down for you as best as I can in a "good" and "bad" viewpoints about enchanting/fortification.

Good: As far as enchanting goes, when you get an enchant, you can put it onto your weapons/armor with no chance of failing. The same goes for socketing/inserting gems into your armor, which, for this particular scenario, I'll consider as an "armor enchant" (I'm sure a lot of people would disagree, but it's for overall relevance sake to improving armor via stat increasing methods). As well, there are items that protect your gear from being destroyed in the fortification process. Some of them just protect it from breaking, some of them increase your chance of fortifying the armor/weapon piece.

Bad: If you don't bank on getting the free enchants from rewards and craft them, the percent rate of crafting them is pretty low. As well, as far as gems go for your armor, the socketing items for the higher levels are only available on the Crystal Altar, so they're almost a "must buy from players" item unless you plan on playing "the lottery". Also, you must be a human if you want to craft your own gems (specialized gems) and the result of each gem is randomized. You may have to repeat the process a lot if you want your results. As well, the fortification protection items skyrocket in price the higher the percent goes for improving chances, but if you plan on getting to endgame stuff, it's pretty easy to get regular Safety Stones (that's what they're called) and get your gear to +5-+6 before worrying about that.

I dunno, it's just a matter of preference. It's not too hard to get a hold of blueprints for enchants (although the special blueprints that drop from bosses/chests are a pain sometimes) and gems aren't hard to come by (unless you get into racial crafting just for yourself) and you really won't have to worry about the major fortification process until late game, where the success rate falls fast. If you do a lot of repeatables (believe me, you likely will) you'll get plenty of Alpaca Coins for plenty of chances at Safety Stones just for the late game to hit that +5 mark, but then it'll be a money pit from there. I was fortunate enough to get most of my stuff to +4 (aside from a lucky run on my shield, +8 on that) on just regular Safety Stones from repeatables.

Take it all as you will. I was never really fortunate enough to stumble across large sums of money, but I've always bought my own enchants and haven't even bothered with gems even at level 69.

I'm sure there's more I may have missed, but that's at least what I've experienced with the system.

edoksd

Rank 0
PostedJan 22, 2013 11:16 pm
Gahloman wrote:

.........on getting the free enchants from rewards and craft them, the percent rate of crafting them is pretty low. As well, as far as gems go for your armor, the ........  

have u ever tried to craft a enchant Surprised?, bc what ur talking about is false, the craft rate of enchants is pretty high, for example a lv7 enchant, which is for lv 60 (more or less, i forgot exactly the lvl) with a master craftsman is 84% success rate, add it a corona and is 100%.

pls dont talk about things u dont know Surprised

and about game fortification/enchanting system, enchants can be easy to get/craft so thats not much a problem (just high lvl/special enchants can be hard to get, but not that much). but fortification is different, it can get very frustrating if ur looking for determinated fort bonus on lvls +6/+8/+10 (mostly for pvp purposes) because most of the time u get crap bonus that doesnt help much to your character (im thinking that the game itself is predeterminated to do that so u spend money on delevel scrolls and that stuff)

if u just want to get a high lvl wep without concerning about bonus forts (just to raise ur dmg) normal safetys stones are not too expensive (at least in sapphire) and getting a item to +6 can not be too hard, but if ur planning on end game pvping then u need to spend lot of money, because over +6 on forts pretty much u need to use special stones to lvl the item (unless u get very lucky with normal safety stones) which are VERY expensive to get.

so if ur goal is to be a pvp competitive player get ready 2 spend money or lot of time, if ur not then is fine (sad but true)

cya gl ;o

Gahloman

Rank 0
Gahloman
PostedJan 23, 2013 4:06 pm
I should have been a little more specific (though I could have swore that I crafted my Nature 1 nearly 5-7 months ago at 60%, unless it was changed or I wasn't paying attention). I meant more along the lines of actually commissioning requests for the materials. I don't quite know the percentages of receiving items from mining requests/farming requests/etc., but I included the fact that the materials could be a cesspool of annoyance rather than actually stating it in my post. Not to mention that boss/special enchants require high amounts of book fame (not a problem if you keep up with books). Glad you pointed it out, though, because it was my mistake and I don't really have that much experience with crafting enchants. I haven't crafted enchants since the level 65 cap.

Regardless, in my opinion, it would be just as cost effective to buy your enchants/fortification materials as it would be crafting everything or grinding to get ALL the Safety Stones you need, except you can complete a set of legendary achievements that way.