aslan132

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 3:30 pm
it actually is the players that set the prices. I have played every AGE game they have, and have seen prices change more than once. They start with a pretty standard pricepoint, usually something that has worked in their other games. Then they wait and see how the sales are. If the item sells, then theres no reason to adjust. If the item isnt selling, then they make adjustments, until they reach the market distribution numbers they are looking for.

The reason you dont see changes in the prices very often is that they are selling. Just because you wont spend $300 to get your weapon to +12, doesnt mean there isnt an army of little chinese kids that are more than happy to max mom and dads credit cards to do it.

AGE does care about their players, happy players spend more money. And they will make adjustments as needed until they reach the price point that sells.
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 3:40 pm
GMLeo wrote:
Hey Amar, thanks again for your initiative on this.

I wanted to make a few points about the IM for DKO.

First, we wont be releasing the IM until we are sure that our Open Beta is stable and all major issues have been corrected.

Second, the IM selection that you've seen in closed beta and even in open beta was not and is not intended to be what we will provide at the time of release. The items and prices in there were just placeholders used for testing purposes. Some items might still be in there, but it will be a completely different selection once we release the final version of the IM.

Lastly, I want to express my appreciation for you guys sharing your thoughts on this topic. We do care about how you guys feel and we want to cultivate a healthy, open environment with DKO. Continue sharing your opinions on what you do and don't want to see, just be sure to keep it clean and in line with our ToS Wink

Thanks for reading!

That's good to hear!

I hope we can get North involved in the discussion though as well.

I am happy to hear that the current version is tentative. I still urge players to give their opinions though of a good marketing mix, because ultimately it is our choice to make an initiative to create that healthy game/mall codependency.

If players stand by and just say nothing; Well, then players can't really complain when the product they recieve is not in line with their expectations!

iv5d

Rank 1
iv5d
PostedJan 23, 2013 3:52 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
GMLeo wrote:
Hey Amar, thanks again for your initiative on this.

I wanted to make a few points about the IM for DKO.

First, we wont be releasing the IM until we are sure that our Open Beta is stable and all major issues have been corrected.

Second, the IM selection that you've seen in closed beta and even in open beta was not and is not intended to be what we will provide at the time of release. The items and prices in there were just placeholders used for testing purposes. Some items might still be in there, but it will be a completely different selection once we release the final version of the IM.

Lastly, I want to express my appreciation for you guys sharing your thoughts on this topic. We do care about how you guys feel and we want to cultivate a healthy, open environment with DKO. Continue sharing your opinions on what you do and don't want to see, just be sure to keep it clean and in line with our ToS Wink

Thanks for reading!

That's good to hear!

I hope we can get North involved in the discussion though as well.

I am happy to hear that the current version is tentative. I still urge players to give their opinions though of a good marketing mix, because ultimately it is our choice to make an initiative to create that healthy game/mall codependency.

If players stand by and just say nothing; Well, then players can't really complain when the product they recieve is not in line with their expectations!  

i hope u guys answer me first of all wat does Gm mean by saying im and someone said something like Also, Forsaken World has no rights associated with AGE, wat does he mean by age is it a game or the age of person

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 3:59 pm
iv5d wrote:

i hope u guys answer me first of all wat does Gm mean by saying im and someone said something like Also, Forsaken World has no rights associated with AGE, wat does he mean by age is it a game or the age of person  

IM = Item Mall

AGE = Aeria Games Entertainment

FW is a game published by another company, who last year had a license agreement with Aeria for one of it's products on its Spanish Site. Now that has been suspended, so talking about them in depth may very well be against the ToS (Terms of Service).

We use alot of acronyms here Very Happy

ghiden

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 4:18 pm
Unfortunatly this game will turn into another shaiya. Economy 100x what it should be and you must spend $3,000.00 USD/ month to even enjoy the game. I personally have not seen the item mall but at 1400 ap per link ur looking at 1400.00 or more just to get okay gear. This is obserd. sorry AGE I really hope u look at ur pricing and allow more players justify spend money on this game. I would have no issues spending 50.00 a month on a good game but like in shaiya 50.00 a month got u 1 item and that was just to stay alive. I think AGE can offer players more items for that kind of money. It would be a lot different if AGE actually learned how to do database scripting and ran the game. But then again GM's get paid for what? sitting around drinking coffee, posting events and telling players they can't help there 50.00 item just disappeared and have no way to replace it. ( yes this has happened more than 1 time).

shichrishi

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 4:28 pm
sorry but because I see around weapons above +10 without shop? luck? xD

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 4:35 pm
shichrishi wrote:
sorry but because I see around weapons above +10 without shop? luck? xD  

There's alot of questionable power stones floating around atm, that players are supposedly using. But that is another issue.

Atm I'm at [6] with 56 Attempts on a 30 staff. 18 or so of those had power stones. So yes; Luck is part of it, but not ALL of it.

shichrishi

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 5:10 pm
I'm sorry if I make you this simple question, but when do you break a weapon?
I still did not understand, because I always failed to +6 but I was never broken anything xD

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedJan 23, 2013 5:23 pm
shichrishi wrote:
I'm sorry if I make you this simple question, but when do you break a weapon?
I still did not understand, because I always failed to +6 but I was never broken anything xD  

Weapons break if attempted above [10]. You can theoretically attempt [10] with no AP aid at all (Although the odds are worse than winning roulette on a number bet 10 consecutive times), but above 10, you must have a Protection Scroll, or a failure will not just decrease the level of your wep; it will break it.

Below 10 all you have to worry about is losing levels on failure. -1, -2, and -3.

shichrishi

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 5:32 pm
thanks for your answer rekikyo Smile