iviaran

Rank 0
iviaran
PostedJan 22, 2013 8:02 pm
It's not a big deal, maybe this turn Sentinel the less popular class of the game.

Advertisement

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedJan 22, 2013 8:05 pm
This is only the beginner gear. We have yet to see the other gear that the Sentinel gets, but that can be saved for Alpha/Beta. Like GM_darasuum said: no spoilers.

Also, I kinda like the new look. It will take a bit of getting used to, but it turned out better than I hoped. We'll still have those who will complain, but I at least am happy with the new design.

Dynasty Warriors Online (retired): Chronos.JX1; Chariot General | Grand Fantasia: HeroChronos>Berserker (will update server when I play again) | Aura Kingdom: Chronos Notashi; Ravager/Grenadier; Chimera server

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedJan 22, 2013 8:58 pm   Last edited by Picchuu on Jan 22, 2013 9:06 pm. Edited 1 time in total
While I am a bit disappointed that this is in fact the final "new" look for Sentinels, I do understand where Aeria is coming from with it, and am very glad that they haven't actually changed the armor designs.

Grim1324

Rank 0
PostedJan 22, 2013 9:18 pm
The change is horrible. A sentinel is an insanely ugly looking FULL bodyglove ?
So now, it is ok for 5 classes to run around naked or in totally unpracticle armor (which i love btw) and the Sentinel doesnt ?

There is an art style coming from that game, and you messed it up with the Sentinel.

I hate the new look, plain and simple.

MadDemon64

Rank 0
MadDemon64
PostedJan 22, 2013 9:19 pm
Grim1324 wrote:
The change is horrible. A sentinel is an insanely ugly looking FULL bodyglove ?
So now, it is ok for 5 classes to run around naked or in totally unpracticle armor (which i love btw) and the Sentinel doesnt ?

There is an art style coming from that game, and you messed it up with the Sentinel.

I hate the new look, plain and simple.  

When I made my quote of "Two words: El...in", I was not only referring to the similarities in the reasons, but also the similarities in the botched execution.

Rednal29

Rank 0
Rednal29
PostedJan 22, 2013 9:36 pm
I COULD get upset, but honestly, I'm too busy laughing. XD Really, it isn't all that bad of an outfit when taken on its own merits. If anything, though... I'd like it if you could change the color (except to skin color) in order to match with the character's hair or something so it can really look nice on lots of different characters. This IS a game that's selling itself on its characters, after all.

Lordrael

Rank 0
Lordrael
PostedJan 22, 2013 9:44 pm
much better job than what enmasse did to the elin race on tera, they just slapped on undershirts and boyshorts very haphazardly and called it done.

JBDMR

Rank 0
JBDMR
PostedJan 22, 2013 10:07 pm
It's not much of a big deal really, he states that it's just the starter gear. This won't really affect people to play a different class.

Personally I do like it.

Siviard

Rank 3
Siviard
PostedJan 22, 2013 10:14 pm
Actually, the whole silvery thing is her actual SKIN. Meaning that aside from her head, the rest of her body is a weird silvery scale like combination. Reminds me of some gene splicing between a human and a reptile gone horribly wrong. I think I saw a horror movie about that once...

Morimiko

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Morimiko
PostedJan 22, 2013 11:20 pm
Well if this is an outfit, its fine, overdone but it looks good still. If that is her "skin" and clothes go over the same skin all the time, then its really bad news for the class.
Hopefully its the former. I understand them having to censor the class, hopefully they did it with tastefull changes to the armors and not a one shot catch all skin.

Tera's boy shorts are bad, but at least they were only used on the outfits that required it.