Grimstrike

Rank 0
Grimstrike
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:22 pm
Well, I finally got the game downloaded and installed. Played one character to level 5 thus far and it has the making for a great game.

In relation to this thread's topic I will say this much:

Had I not known about the current thing going on with the Sentinel's censorship in the US release and hadn't had prior knowledge of what the Sentinel is actually supposed to look like I would have bug reported it thinking it was a texture loading error.

It looks pretty bad in the screenshots I've seen but in game it looks 10 times worse. The way the head and face textures load and then how they look with shading and skin tone definition and then the way the body looks in comparison...it looks like improper texture loading and it definitely doesn't look like it's supposed to be that way. They might as well have just placed a huge mosaic over her from neck to ankles...it wouldn't stick out as bad.

From what little I've played of the game thus far, the Sentinel's appearance is the only issue I've ran into so far beyond some of the localization (which is in progress already and not really a bug in the first place).

It will be truly sad if people actually have to resort to 3rd party mods just to get this character to look finished and on par with the other characters in the game. This still being an alpha I really hope that the people in charge of this project decide to do something about this. The way things currently are with this character just aren't cutting it.
Advertisement

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:32 pm
the culture of taking offense offends me.

Grim1324

Rank 0
PostedJan 23, 2013 8:37 pm
I just saw a video 2 minutes ago on youtube, it seems we are not the only one unhappy with the look. I spent some months without checking for the game, so its just now that i realise the horrible truth in facts and images.

Im not linking anything here, im sure you can easily find videos yourself.

(And no, i am not the one who did the video)

Pienene13

Rank 2
Pienene13
PostedJan 23, 2013 9:08 pm
GM_darasuum wrote:
lingu023 wrote:

Here is the attempt at keeping the hexagonal plates in grey. I guess it isn't that bad either. Too much grey at the throat in my opinion though.

Thank you kindly. That does look better.  

Any chance we can expect at least this much be done?

I do not mind the skin the sentinel already has now, but if compared, over the other this one would be better.

Retirement calls. Good bye :)

Kirigiry

Rank 0
Kirigiry
PostedJan 23, 2013 10:22 pm
Pienene13 wrote:
GM_darasuum wrote:
lingu023 wrote:

Here is the attempt at keeping the hexagonal plates in grey. I guess it isn't that bad either. Too much grey at the throat in my opinion though.

Thank you kindly. That does look better.  

Any chance we can expect at least this much be done?

I do not mind the skin the sentinel already has now, but if compared, over the other this one would be better.  

but because their clothes ta going up the neck? very sinister

SeanxArtemis

Rank 0
SeanxArtemis
PostedJan 23, 2013 10:27 pm
The look isn't the best and the suit would look better if it had stopped at the collarbone and ankles. (please pass this on) That said, I'm interested in the actual game and not the girls so I'm actually wondering if there may be an in-game option to see all characters with similar but more natural looking suits.
Superman0X wrote:
If anyone has an issue with how the characters look in this game (any of them), then this game is not for you. This game is not for everyone. If you want to make a issue of the look and artistic style of this game, you will need to do it elsewhere. If you are ok with all of this, but want to give feedback.. we are happy to pass it to the devs... but they get to make all the final decisions.  

Though your probably right, I'm still hoping to try the game and hopefully ignore the candid artistic style.

MalchikGay01

Rank 0
MalchikGay01
PostedJan 23, 2013 10:32 pm
I think it looks better with this censor. Good job aeria!

Cazema

Rank 0
Cazema
PostedJan 23, 2013 10:38 pm

MalchikGay01 wrote:
I think it looks better with this censor. Good job aeria!  

We still need to wait if they going to implement this new censor because it really looks better than the first one.

chronos_notashi

Rank 3
chronos_notashi
PostedJan 23, 2013 11:07 pm
lingu023 wrote:
GM_darasuum wrote:
lingu023 wrote:
I'm absolutely no artists, but I threw together this skin color version to show what I think would work better.

I would have made the edges of each hexagonal plate sharper and more clear if I had the skill. Right now at distance it looks more like a rash. The glow effects also should not have been coated by skin color, but I'm terrible at detail work.

I'm all for the suit solution for censorship, but it looks better this way when you can still get the illusion of them wearing a little.  

Can you show a version of this but with the hexagonal part still grey.  

You know what? After seeing this, I take back what I said in the first few pages. This one will DEFINITELY work. Works just as well as the current one, just not as over-the-top, and still staying somewhat faithful to the original concept. The current one IS okay because of the setting, just like this one, but if I were to pick one of the two, I'd pick this one.

PionPixy

Rank 0
PionPixy
PostedJan 24, 2013 12:18 am
Looks like the full-length body-suit has been put on all the outfits regardless of unsealed or not.