Ondskaben

Rank 0
PostedFeb 28, 2013 10:51 am
frascht wrote:

Ondskaben wrote:
I do not know how the game performs on newer devices, but i do know how it performs on my iphone 3gs.

Lag reproduction example:
---------------------------------
- rebooting the phone, making sure nothing is running
- starting the game
- starting to sacrifice cards
- for each sacrifice, the game will get increasingly sluggish, most noticeable on the sacrifice result animation (fps goes from super smooth on the first sacrifice and down) as well as the card listing updates
- if i keep sacrificing, the game will end up either going so low in performance that it eventually crashes, or, sometimes it will (or my phone, i do not know) seem to do an internal garbage collection and performance will be that of when starting the game. And the cycle will continue.

Syncronisation issues (time vs frame played):
-----------------------------------------------------
- This is most noticeable during battle, as the battle timer will be completely off. Each update of the seconds on the timer can take as long as 10 seconds to update.
- It seems that the battle screen animations (timer included) is tied to assuming a fixed amount of frames per second rather than taking the actual time into consideration and skipping frames

Immortalis is basically a browser game, and as such it should not suffer from the above issues.  
I noticed this too. I have both an iPhone4 (running on iOS 6) and iPad2 (running on iOS 5) with Immortalis installed on both, and while my iPad is has no lag or timer issues, my iPhone normally ends up being slower by 2-3 seconds (up to 10~20 seconds even, during battle). Even during questing, the iPad plays animation more quickly than the iPhone does. not sure if it's a lag/memory thing or what, I'm not very familiar with the technical stuff.  

If i were to take a guess, it would be that battles run much like a flash animation or similar, with the ability to execute script on each frame (or sets of frames).

Let us assume that the battle screen is an animation that is supposed to run 20 frames per second and the first of these frames update the battle timer. On a device which is capable of playing these 20 frames within an actual second as it is supposed to, it runs flawlessly. However, on a device that is only capable of playing 10 frames each second, the timer will only update every 2 seconds.

Now, if the timer update was updating using a server clock, it would still be accurate, although behind on the updates. However, if the timer only decrements by one each time the animation hits frame 1, then time will appear to flow at half speed.

Now imagine similar checks for battle updates being tied to frames, and you can quickly imagine why battlescenes play so differently depending on device and speed.

This is ofcourse just a guess, but it does seem that apart from the poor performance of the animations in general, key functions of the game are tied to frames rather than time.
Advertisement

pervddl

GameSage: Aeria Mobile
pervddl
PostedFeb 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Re: combo breaking bug

Ondskaben wrote:
pervddl wrote:
Ondskaben wrote:
So, you already know about this bug. It has been reported before.

The past few days, and again 10 minutes ago, we (SwordArt) had another instance of the bug. A timer is up for a person. The person does a hit. The hit is recorded in the battle log, but hits twice. The first entry will show the actual damage and gp gained for the hit. The second - which did not actually happen - will show 0 gp and 0 damage.

This is a game breaking bug, and i can not for the life of me see why this is not fixed yet. You want people to spend actual money buying in game items to compete, yet the competition itself is broken.

Fix, or lose customers.  

Got screenshot of this?  

I did not take a screenshot of it, no. The problem is exactly as others have reported earlier though. I'm sure the problem will pop up again soon, and i will be sure to grab and post a screenshot. We have had it happen 2-3 times the past week.

Luckily we didn't have the issue during crystal war. There would have been much rage if that was the case Wink  

Yeah. Aeria is already aware of the problem since GM Hazmat made a in-game topic asking more datails of people who had this problem.

Don't worry, they trying to fix =D

mad.william

Rank 0
PostedFeb 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Black screen

After I press play I get a black screen and it says I'm unable to connect because I have bad connection, I've tried using 2 different wifis and my 3G. I stil get the same problem

Posted By Aeria Mobile

matiej

Rank 0
PostedFeb 28, 2013 5:32 pm

Blackscreen blue numbers

Only seeing blackscreen and blue numbers when I try to log in.. What's going on?

Rakusen

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Rakusen
PostedFeb 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Blackscreen blue numbers

matiej wrote:
Only seeing blackscreen and blue numbers when I try to log in.. What's going on?  

This problem was resolved. Carry on.

Contact Us~Don't be afraid to ask for help~Terms of Service~

weehung_1987

Rank 0
PostedMar 01, 2013 7:45 am

My account reset after I tried to log in other account...

My account reset...should I give you my account and password for you??help me do something please.Sad(

Posted By Aeria Mobile

pervddl

GameSage: Aeria Mobile
pervddl
PostedMar 01, 2013 9:10 am

Re: My account reset after I tried to log in other account...

weehung_1987 wrote:
My account reset...should I give you my account and password for you??help me do something please.Sad(  

First of all, never ever EVER tell your account password to anyone.

For the reset, try the steps here:
http://immortalis.aeriagames.com/news/68111/how-to-restore-access-to-your-soulbinder

But ignore the step #2 and #3.

If that does not work, proceed as requested after the steps:

If following the steps above does not resolve the issue, please contact us at mobilehelp@aeriagames.com with the following information:
Your Immortalis username
Your Ignite account name
Details of the issue you are experiencing
We appreciate your cooperation.  

mad.william

Rank 0
PostedMar 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Help

After I press play I get a black screen and it says I'm unable to connect because I have bad connection, I've tried using 2 different wifis and my 3G. I stil get the same problem

Posted By Aeria Mobile

dstrauss30

Rank 0
PostedMar 02, 2013 3:09 pm

A seemingly impossible 1-shot

The big question...is this a bug, cheating or actually possible?!

As you can see, I recovered my HP, attacked once then was attacked and that single attack dropped me from full HP to none. This person has about 56k attack power, I have 57k defense. His team had done 40-50 assists over the entire hour's fight. Also, their attack combo timer had run out.

How could this person have used only 3 immortals with a maximum total attack power of 56k give or take a little from assist done 679,902 damage without any combo bonus?

I know there are bugs that mess up your attack combo and other bugs that can make you deal 0 damage, but this was absolutely nuts!!

Alleyoop1980

Rank 0
PostedMar 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Skadi bugged?

Hi, I beat Skadi+ 15, than i got Skadi++ which I also beat. Than I immediatly got her Final Form, which I also beat. An now I get Skadi+ 15 again, already twice in a row.

Whats happening here? I wasted quite a lot of Stamina potions for Skadi++ and her final form now, and all for nothing?

Reply please