Wisepure

Rank 0
Wisepure
PostedJan 20, 2013 10:08 pm

SteamAPI_Init() failed. Last Error = 0

Every time i try to launch AVA, i get the message stated above.
I played this in the summer of 2012, when i was on vacation and did not have a computer that could run my steam games. When i come back to the present, I get bored playing CS:GO and TF2, as they do not have a realistic TDM gunplay.

After I downloaded AVA, and then downloaded the patches via launcher, I play perfectly, but I have no steam overlay/steam notifications. After the first game I play, I use the home key to go back to the desktop to see if I got any messages. When I go back into AVA, my fps (frames per second) dropped to about 3 (my estimate) After barely making it through the game, I restarted the computer as i noticed 2 rectangular shapes in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Confused on what they did, as left and right clicking just highlighted them, I restarted my computer. When I try to launcher AVA via steam, i get the message: SteamAPI_Init() failed. Last Error = 0.

I would love to know how to fix this so I can play AVA again.

Thanks to all who can help-

Wisepure
Advertisement

Wisepure

Rank 0
Wisepure
PostedFeb 03, 2013 11:07 pm

bump

bump

blaznyuu

Rank 4
blaznyuu
PostedFeb 04, 2013 5:33 am
you can try closing Steam and starting the game with NWZLauncher.exe , this way you'll at least see if the problem is Steam related or not.

also, in your AVA\Binaries folder, check if there is AVA.exe file.

My Event: click this if you're not single =^.^= ElumineLily, 25thNight, BlaZcoWicZ, 25thBaam, iNyuuBlaZ, RWBY, Yoredet, KIRITOxASUNA, ShiWoonYi, NiTianErXing

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
The2009RKO
PostedFeb 04, 2013 11:33 am
As blaz said you should start A.V.A. directly from the NWZLauncher located here:

• C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\AVA

Please reply on this thread saying if it worked or not, if it didn't worked I'll try to help you more.

xrageeee1

Rank 0
PostedJul 08, 2013 12:56 pm
you should close steam and then run steam its self as administrator then play the game and it will work:D ps i had the same problem

Kyunikeon

Rank 5.1
Kyunikeon
PostedJul 08, 2013 5:03 pm
xrageeee1 wrote:
you should close steam and then run steam its self as administrator then play the game and it will work:D ps i had the same problem  
Dat Necro

greasygranny08

Rank 0
PostedFeb 23, 2014 8:17 am
and if there isn't?

Kevncraft

Rank 0
PostedOct 14, 2014 8:35 pm
Thanks xrageeee1 it worked!!!!!

GS_Shin

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
GS_Shin
PostedOct 14, 2014 11:03 pm
Don't bump a dead thread already, You can make another one or just check the solution without replying.

~ Locked.