Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
PostedJan 20, 2013 7:26 pm
Okay, I'm getting really sick of this, and consider it full rage mode.

First of all, the issues start with FPS as soon as I get into the game. The start up screen, character creation screen, all a solid 60 FPS. However, once I choose a character and sign in, I drop down to 30 FPS AT MAX. And yes, this is in MIN SPEC MODE. If I take it out of min spec mode, I get a whole whopping 5 FPS AT MAX.

I should at the very least be able to run DK Online WITHOUT Min spec mode for around 20 - 30 FPS judging by performance on other games. Shaiya, EE, Grand Fantasia, MegaTen, Vindictus even. And even offline games like Fallout New Vegas. I can get pretty good FPS rates with a normal, and even decent rates on high detail.

This is NOT the case with DK Online. And with RvR I get a nice 1 - 3 FPS in Min spec mode in RvR. The Devs need to get their crap together and just optimize their code.

Advertisement

sikdrago

Rank 0
sikdrago
PostedJan 20, 2013 7:31 pm

lalala

I 100% support this.
Im so sick of the lag.
I try to go fight in an rvr
And i get such bad lag, i cant do anything.

Please fix this lol.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedJan 20, 2013 7:36 pm
Spread the link to all the other people that is having FPS problems so they can support too that problem and take enough proofs that the game need an engine optimization, so DKO can became a better game for everyone, because we want that to happen, because we love DKO (at least i do).

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

huesoamz

Rank 0
huesoamz
PostedJan 20, 2013 8:13 pm
I agreed, please fix this ASAP!

MetalWar - Barbarian Tank

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedJan 20, 2013 8:34 pm
Agreed, however I think the best solution is an isolated area for Ruemon. Making it instanced will allow for higher FPS as there will be far less map to load. Still think there will always be a low FPS anyway as there was probably like 100-150 people that showed up today "at least".

zerconius

Rank 0
zerconius
PostedJan 21, 2013 4:33 am
For those who are having FPS drop issues in certain areas go into your Task Manager also known as taskmgr.exe and follow these instructions.

1. Click the Processes tab
  2. Hit the 'Show Processes for all Users' button
  3. Right click on DKOnline.exe*32 and choose Affinities
  4. Set to CPU 1 and CPU 2 for example
  5. Leave CPU 0 free as this is probably primary for OS
  6. Set other programs to CPU 3

Might need to tweak things from this to maximize performance but I was able to jump in FPS marks by doing this method.

Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
PostedJan 21, 2013 5:06 am
zerconius wrote:
For those who are having FPS drop issues in certain areas go into your Task Manager also known as taskmgr.exe and follow these instructions.

Might need to tweak things from this to maximize performance but I was able to jump in FPS marks by doing this method.  

While it did increase my FPS, it still isn't entirely playable in Fullscreen mode... Though thanks for this.

zerconius

Rank 0
zerconius
PostedJan 21, 2013 6:15 am
Another option is to go into you Graphics Card Settings software and follow these steps.

1. Go to where you add a program rule (Add program to list)
  2. Make the settings reflect performance rather than quality
  3. Load up the game and see if it helps improve your gameplay

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedJan 21, 2013 7:55 am
zerconius wrote:

This didn't nothing to me, still the same (maybe gained 1FPS but that is really not enough..

zerconius wrote:
Another option is to go into you Graphics Card Settings software and follow these steps.

1. Go to where you add a program rule (Add program to list)
  2. Make the settings reflect performance rather than quality
  3. Load up the game and see if it helps improve your gameplay

Don't you think i'm already using the "Max Performance" settings since you know me because i already said many times (also to you) that i'm a "Performance>>Graphic" person? Razz

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

baltram88

Rank 0
baltram88
PostedJan 21, 2013 12:53 pm
My spec:
AMD 64x2 6000+
8800 GTX

so i pass "recomended" (but for what recomended?)

There is no difference in FPS when im entering RvR or City. On High and Low = 5-10 fps. In city - ok its "playable" but not comfortable. RvR? I can only stay and try to spam heal.

When im playing normally, I mean grinding, quests i got 30-50 fps. ON HIGH

So tell me... Why there is 8800gt and dual core (2.Cool as recomended?
What machine should i have to comfortable play this game in RvR? (something like 25-30 fps stable, no drops)

Second problem is - there is no 1280x1024 resulution, why?

I understand 8800gtx (GTX, no gt) is old graphic card, but it have power still to play most new games on mid/high.

Pls do something with engine. How many people have this problem? Power of this game is in RvR, and its unplayable on recomended machine.