Author Message

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
Joined
07 Mar 2010
Posts
962
Location
TekkenForce Town Italy
PostedJan 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Game Engine Is Still NOT Optimized

I'm sorry to open again that issue, but it's the truth: The Game Engins Is Still NOT Optimized.

Don't ask again over and over my spec, because i said something like 100 times so i will write it for a LAST time

-Quad Core Overclocked at 3.3Ghz
-4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
-CrossfireX Active and working
-All the drivers are up to date
-DirectX is up to date
-The game client have the settings to the most possible lower config.
-Tested the game enough time.

The CPU used is about 90%-95%
The GPU used is about 2%-5% at max

Ingame FPS while NOONE is around = 35-40
Ingame FPS while i have about 20-30 people = 20-30
Ingame FPS while i'm in town or during a siege = 3-10

THAT IS BAD. Point.

The game engine is supposed to use normally 50%-50% and not as i wrote.

IF someone is having the same problem, please write in here to take proofs from people that this issue MUST be fixed ASAP.

Thankyou to everyone and the Staff that is doing a good job even with many problems.
Advertisement

sammbooi1

Rank 0
Joined
13 Jan 2013
Posts
12
Location
United States
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:07 pm
I support this, as I am having the same problems. Probably a lot worse than you are experiencing, I'm probably at about 1 frame per hour whilst in main cities with high population.

q90100

Rank 0
Joined
11 Jan 2010
Posts
80
Location
United States
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:32 pm
They're NOT going to change the game engine in any way because you don't invest money completely redoing the core code of a money-grab game using cheap obsolete engine from 2003.

You know this. We both complained about this in other games. It never changed after years of many QQs from many players. Get used to it, or go play something using a modern engine developed by a company that has money. Like the one going F2P in February.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
Joined
07 Mar 2010
Posts
962
Location
TekkenForce Town Italy
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:35 pm
q90100 wrote:
They're NOT going to change the game engine in any way because you don't invest money completely redoing the core code of a money-grab game using cheap obsolete engine from 2003.

You know this. We both complained about this in other games. It never changed after years of many QQs from many players. Get used to it, or go play something using a modern engine developed by a company that has money. Like the one going F2P in February.  
They have not to change the game engine, they have to optimize it, it's pretty different.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Extra0rdinary

Rank 2
Extra0rdinary
Joined
17 Mar 2012
Posts
644
Location
United States
PostedJan 19, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Game Engine Is Still NOT Optimized

Bryan.Fury wrote:
I'm sorry to open again that issue, but it's the truth: The Game Engins Is Still NOT Optimized.

Don't ask again over and over my spec, because i said something like 100 times so i will write it for a LAST time

-Quad Core Overclocked at 3.3Ghz
-4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
-CrossfireX Active and working
-All the drivers are up to date
-DirectX is up to date
-The game client have the settings to the most possible lower config.
-Tested the game enough time.

The CPU used is about 90%-95%
The GPU used is about 2%-5% at max

Ingame FPS while NOONE is around = 35-40
Ingame FPS while i have about 20-30 people = 20-30
Ingame FPS while i'm in town or during a siege = 3-10

THAT IS BAD. Point.

The game engine is supposed to use normally 50%-50% and not as i wrote.

IF someone is having the same problem, please write in here to take proofs from people that this issue MUST be fixed ASAP.

Thankyou to everyone and the Staff that is doing a good job even with many problems.  

I agree with this 100% I would enjoy DK Online even more if the game is optimized better.

q90100

Rank 0
Joined
11 Jan 2010
Posts
80
Location
United States
PostedJan 19, 2013 5:56 am
Bryan.Fury wrote:
q90100 wrote:
They're NOT going to change the game engine in any way because you don't invest money completely redoing the core code of a money-grab game using cheap obsolete engine from 2003.

You know this. We both complained about this in other games. It never changed after years of many QQs from many players. Get used to it, or go play something using a modern engine developed by a company that has money. Like the one going F2P in February.  
They have not to change the game engine, they have to optimize it, it's pretty different.  


No... it's not. You clearly aren't a developer.
You can do minor tweaks on an engine, which is still a lot of work, but the core problem will still be there: It's like trying to plate a poo log with gold.

Optimizing the game engine would essentially mean rewriting it for multicore support and perhaps newer instruction sets like AVX (which may reduce compatibility).

This game is bottlenecked by the fact it uses one CPU core and is not graphics card intensive (which may have been done on purpose to favor crap-end machines like laptops).

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
Joined
07 Mar 2010
Posts
962
Location
TekkenForce Town Italy
PostedJan 19, 2013 1:02 pm
You seems to not understand at all what informatics mean, don't teach to me, it's my work please.

It uses one CPU core and is not graphic intensive to support notebooks? Really? Are you serious? Quit these craps, because are all lies, are you trolling us? LOL.

As it's now, ANY notebook is having hard times playing. I tryed out some of the fresh news notebooks and it get something like 10FPS when you are lucky. How the Hard can you say that it's made for notebooks?

Also, tweak a game engine don't mean relieve to a new coded stuff. Tweak mean correct or even ADD a simple row.

Single Core and Multi Core are two different and separate type of code. Adding also the multi core support don't make a game engine incompatible, it will just have MORE instructions on how to work based on which type of machine you run the client.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

mrgrammax

Rank 0
mrgrammax
Joined
06 Dec 2012
Posts
9
Location
Saudi Arabia
PostedJan 19, 2013 9:05 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
You seems to not understand at all what informatics mean, don't teach to me, it's my work please.

It uses one CPU core and is not graphic intensive to support notebooks? Really? Are you serious? Quit these craps, because are all lies, are you trolling us? LOL.

As it's now, ANY notebook is having hard times playing. I tryed out some of the fresh news notebooks and it get something like 10FPS when you are lucky. How the **** can you say that it's made for notebooks?

Also, tweak a game engine don't mean relieve to a new coded stuff. Tweak mean correct or even ADD a simple row.

Single Core and Multi Core are two different and separate type of code. Adding also the multi core support don't make a game engine incompatible, it will just have MORE instructions on how to work based on which type of machine you run the client.  


this is all what i want to say Ty man Very Happy

The Engine like 9 years old xD it's look like Unreal Engine 2 (2003) which used in Lineage 2 (2004)

- Sorry For my English

loriennafwren

Rank 0
loriennafwren
Joined
11 Jan 2011
Posts
6
Location
United States
PostedJan 20, 2013 8:52 am
Its been a couple days now, and do to low framerate it took a couple hours to reach LVL 10.
Screen goes black often when the graphics lock up. My Computer? Don't think so. AMD6 @ 2.7Ghz w/ Radeon HD, and 8GB Ram. All other Aeria games run smooth as a whistle on highest graphics possible. It is definitely worse in highly populated zones ingame. Often my pc will say "program not responding". It does self correct and go back to game screen. I would say that game play freezes about every 5 seconds, and can last from 5-20 sec. It seems to me that the server cant handle the traffic.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
Joined
07 Mar 2010
Posts
962
Location
TekkenForce Town Italy
PostedJan 20, 2013 6:26 pm
mrgrammax wrote:
this is all what i want to say Ty man Very Happy

The Engine like 9 years old xD it's look like Unreal Engine 2 (2003) which used in Lineage 2 (2004)

- Sorry For my English  
Oh well, np, BUT i'm sorry to say but it don't seems to be U2 engine. I used to play Lineage 2 for over 8 years and i was able to handle more than 500 players at time on my screen without go down to 30-60FPS

If they are using U2 engine, i have to say that it's really BAD coded/optimized.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: