atlas101

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 10:59 am

DK Online PVP Discussion

Regarding PVP style
As everyone pretty hyped up for this game, let's discuss about the pvp system, something i myself is still not so clear about:

1) Base on what i read from game overview, pvp is for RvR and Siege Battle (guild vs guild); how exactly RvR work again?

2) Pvp also apply for duel and arena, what about PK ? is there specific server for it ?

Please help out or come to discuss this topic.

Cheers
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:26 am
PK, you have a buff which lasts 10 minutes. You can kill or be killed by people that have PK on aswell.

Raid vs Raid, its like every 8 hours If Im not mistaken. There are 2 camps, Eos and Dione, which fight each other in RvR's.

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:37 am

Re: DK Online PVP Discussion

Regarding PVP style
atlas101 wrote:
As everyone pretty hyped up for this game, let's discuss about the pvp system, something i myself is still not so clear about:

1) Base on what i read from game overview, pvp is for RvR and Siege Battle (guild vs guild); how exactly RvR work again?

2) Pvp also apply for duel and arena, what about PK ? is there specific server for it ?

Please help out or come to discuss this topic.

Cheers  

1) Realm vs Realm will be announced (as far as times go) everyday at what should be the same if not roughly the same time. To play, you must be at least level 20, and have joined a camp (Eos or Dione) or faction. Once in one, you can switch to the other but it costs 50k.

After joining your camp, you go to Ruemon, which is the RvR battleground. Eos and Dione will be given opposite sides/ spawning locations (Evene Town for Eos, and Halland Town for Dione [i may be wrong on the town names, can't remember for sure]) Eos is labled the Red side, and Dione the Blue. You will play a mass faction oriented pvp across the bridges of Ruemon for about 2 hrs. If you are killed, you spawn back at your side's town, and may reenter the fight. The winning side gets the Ruemon's benediction buff until the next RvR.

filipvarga wrote:
PK, you have a buff which lasts 10 minutes. You can kill or be killed by people that have PK on aswell.

Raid vs Raid, its like every 8 hours If Im not mistaken. There are 2 camps, Eos and Dione, which fight each other in RvR's.  

Exactly, there is also a debuf when you pk a player. You are only able to activate the pk option after level 10, or Pk players level 10 and up, but only ranging from 10 below your level, and 10 above it.

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:40 am
Turn on the PvP will have no consequences over you can kill or be killed freely. There is not any debuff, it has been (thank god) disabled togheter with any death drop.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:43 am
Bryan.Fury wrote:
Turn on the PvP will have no consequences over you can kill or be killed freely. There is not any debuff, it has been (thank god) disabled togheter with any death drop.  

They took away the xp loss too?

ghiden

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:47 am
Arsalem wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:

they did that during stress test beta.

synster14

Rank 3
synster14
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:48 am

Regarding PVP style
Arsalem wrote:

Exactly, there is also a debuf when you pk a player. You are only able to activate the pk option after level 10, or Pk players level 10 and up, but only ranging from 10 below your level, and 10 above it.  

That information is incorrect.

There is NO PK feature in this game.
Also, the Debuff for PvPing was removed for OBT.
And the maximum level difference for PvP is 5 levels outside of Ruemon/sieges.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:49 am
Arsalem wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:

Nope, there is still exp loss, but i tought it was cleary that there was a exp loss

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedJan 18, 2013 11:54 am

Regarding PVP style
synster14 wrote:

That information is incorrect.

There is NO PK feature in this game.
Also, the Debuff for PvPing was removed for OBT.
And the maximum level difference for PvP is 5 levels outside of Ruemon/sieges.  

thank you synister. also, to turn on the pvp option, you have to click the two little vertical swords below your status bars. Once you do, they will light up red and be crossed. Anyone else who has turned this on can then be attacked or attack you. (So in a sense you could still pk, especially new players who are just clicking all the buttons on screen to learn their functions.)

atlas101

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 12:58 pm
Thanks everyone for your reply/discussion

so...let me sum up from what i see so far:

1) RvR happen every 8 hours, you decide which fraction you choose. However, what if you and your friends in the same guild, but then decide to go different fraction, then that means people in same guild can go against each other --> more hate?

2) PK only apply when both players turn the "swords logo" on, which means it's not really "free" PK cuz you can't kill someone randomly? also, will you lose items/xp/perma death if you get killed when you're red name?