daksloy17

Rank 0
daksloy17
PostedJan 18, 2013 4:44 am

Buff skills is useless

buff skill time is so short its useless
The Game Master should increase the time of buff skills... 30s skill buff time is so useless.. I think it should be 1min or 2min and the worst of all the cooldown time is longer than the buff effect itself.. The game is good but not fair at all. Therefore it should be balanced. Just like other games.
Advertisement

AnoHaiteiRaoyue

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 5:00 am
The skills in which you are talking about are likely moreso in the genre of 'short term cooldowns.' These skills give a solid buff for a short duration and have a cooldown timer afterwards. There is likely a class out there with a longer term buff (15 minutes) similar to many of these skills.

These skills are used for moments in which the stats provided are needed to survive or in some terms quickly eliminate oppositions. If they could be active at all times, classes lacking said skills would feel under powered.

Also, from my experience at least, most games use similar functions as to what you are talking about. A short term buff with a (usually longer, in other games) cooldown effect. This is entirely normal.

daksloy17

Rank 0
daksloy17
PostedJan 18, 2013 5:04 am
i guess you're right.. we as newbies could we just enjoy a little on the buffs because it is so important in the game.

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedJan 18, 2013 5:54 am
They're not useless at all.. the 30s skills you're mentioning help A LOT more than you think they do. My Knight probably couldn't have survived a lot of hard boss battles if it wasn't for Elegant or Focus. Same goes to the Warrior self-buffs (the damage reduction and def increasing skills)

daksloy17

Rank 0
daksloy17
PostedJan 18, 2013 7:09 am
i was talking about the duration of the skill buffs.. the buffs is ok but the duration is the problem

SapphireMiku

Rank 1
SapphireMiku
PostedJan 18, 2013 7:32 am
daksloy17 wrote:
i was talking about the duration of the skill buffs.. the buffs is ok but the duration is the problem  

As was stated above; the reason for the "short duration" skills is to allow a class to be more powerful for a short period of time, while not making the class more powerful on the broad scale of time. Let me give an example;

Super Mario;
Consider Long term buffs (buffs that last 10-15 minutes) like the Mushroom or Fire-Mario mode in Super Mario. These are buffs that stick with you for a long period of time, that give you a slight edge, but are not overpowered in the long term in relation to game balance. The mushroom just gets you more survivability for 1 more hit, and the Fire-Mario just lets you hit targets from a distance. Hardly game-breaking.

Now consider Short term buffs (buffs that last 10, 15 or 30 seconds) like the Invincibility (Star) mode on Super Mario. It would be quite unbalanced if you could run through an entire level in Mario with Invincibility on. The same concept is with EE. The short term buffs are designed to give you a significant edge on an opponent, but only for a short time.

I think the issue you are more directing to is not the duration of the buffs, but the lack of NUMBER of buffs with short duration at lower levels. But this will adjust as you progress and level up and earn more skills.

daksloy17

Rank 0
daksloy17
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:02 am
hmmm.. i guess i know now why the duration skill is in 30s duration.. so thank you for your explanations. it's much clearer to me now

and by the way..
where could I find this Dank Scroll anyway??

Racegirl

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
Racegirl
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:06 am
Dank scroll is in the item mall for 5AP.

daksloy17

Rank 0
daksloy17
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:09 am
so.. where could I get AP's??

kdramalover

Rank 0
kdramalover
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:37 am
You can choose to purchase AP through https://billing.aeriagames.com/ or receive free AP through http://www.aeriagames.com/offers