HALO2002

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 5:38 am

Re: Update on Maintenance

Sighborg88 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

The servers will be coming back up shortly. However, due to the investigation of the Op Hammer bug, we will not be removing holiday content yet.

We hope to have a fix for the Op Hammer bug soon to restore all lost Op Hammers as well as prevent this from happening again in the future.

We will keep you updated on the rescheduling of the patch for removing holiday content.

At this time, there are currently no plans to have a rollback.

I know this situation is not ideal for anyone, please be patient. We should have an update soon.

Thanks  

Thanks for the update we hope no roll back xD and OPs back
Advertisement

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
PostedJan 18, 2013 5:43 am
b3def wrote:

Please fix the game, hire more GMs and fix your attitudes because staff reviews as well as player reviews are awful.  

I am not sure if you've looked at our current GM/PM list:

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1581319

Many of the GM's PM's who posted are no longer active for Shaiya. I bet the 4 GMs left got tasks like: 1 for Enchant tickets, 1 for OJ tickets, 1 for remaining Service tickets, 1 for non promotional tickets. I bet Tactics is busy on other games too, as Phoenix is not so difficult to manage (promotion wise).

It's not like there are GMs left that get bad reviews, a GM would be an employee who occasionally interacts inside the game.. There are just 4 employees who plough through tickets day in day out, and one other who posts announcements and keeps the item mall filled with promos and tiers.

Mandatar (80), Scrooge (30), Someshta (30), Azeal (15), Kierin (65)

cnctina2

Rank 3
cnctina2
PostedJan 18, 2013 6:33 am
Mandatar wrote:
I am not so sure why people are pleased that the OP issue is reported as a bug under investigation.

It did not occur on a moment where the server software got updated, and the nature of the issue makes it VERY unlikely that it is a bug in the server software.

Suddenly a large number of players (online as well as offline) noticed that (mostly large) stacks of a specific item were missing. This is a typical database command, and I am fairly certain it got executed by someone (intentionally or unintentionally).

So it's either an AGE employee who made a mistake somewhere, or an external person (hacker). Neither of which makes me happy as a user.  

^ This

lxbryant1983

Rank 3
lxbryant1983
PostedJan 18, 2013 6:42 am
he didnt say there wouldnt be a roll back just that they werent doing one atm. Since they didnt take the patch out this maint it seems they are leaving the option open to still roll back since they didnt wanna go through the work of handling the christmas patch. Makes little sense to do it then redo it in a few days or a week should they need to roll back. I wouldnt like to lose the kills i got from some of the best pvp i have seen in months but roll back is best for this situation imo. the longer they wait the worse it will be on every1. Also, its far past time for the removal of those xmas accessories. Its killing 15 zone

<3 Odd

kharaf

Rank 2
PostedJan 18, 2013 7:17 am
can we get updates of things we dunno? that's just lame.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedJan 18, 2013 7:37 am   Last edited by Killa_1112 on Jan 18, 2013 7:49 am. Edited 1 time in total
Late but got there in the end.

A few points for communication.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

caretaker42

Rank 0
caretaker42
PostedJan 18, 2013 7:48 am
thnx for the update Sighborg Smile

ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
PostedJan 18, 2013 7:49 am
I love how the other post they made to keep ups updated got locked, and this now the new post they want us to keep an eye on.

Trying to buy time, while letting the players hang:)?

steve6952

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:31 am
Always amazes me to see so many talk so much about something they actually know so little about.

LSR19

Rank 2
LSR19
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:39 am

Re: Update on Maintenance

Sighborg88 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

The servers will be coming back up shortly. However, due to the investigation of the Op Hammer bug, we will not be removing holiday content yet.

We hope to have a fix for the Op Hammer bug soon to restore all lost Op Hammers as well as prevent this from happening again in the future.

We will keep you updated on the rescheduling of the patch for removing holiday content.

At this time, there are currently no plans to have a rollback.

I know this situation is not ideal for anyone, please be patient. We should have an update soon.

Thanks  
so nothing we cant work out for ourselves? we already know all of this tbh. is it gonna be xmas forever in Shaiyaland? cant you at least STOP the trolls spawning?