Running Browser in Sandboxie
- This step is very important and complicated so please read carefully. You need to:
* Download Sandboxie
- Just install regularly (click Next a bunch).
- Once it's finished it should launch the program.
- If a Software Compatibility screen pops up just click Ok.
- Next, the Tutorial should pop up, just Close it.
If you go to your Desktop, you should see this shortcut icon:
All you have to do is open that. It will load up your default browser through Sandboxie.
Sometimes your browser may take a few seconds longer than normal to load when it's first opened in Sandboxie.
Now you're protected from anything you browse to and download.
Messages From Sandboxie:
The first time you run your browser through Sandboxie, a screen like this might pop up:
Do exactly what the highlighted message says and double click
for the new window that pops up.
Then click Close
on the now blank Messages window.
Knowing Your Protected:
You can now verify that your browser is running protected with Sandboxie by hovering your mouse near the top of your window (in the following image my mouse is hovering over the Google tab).
See that yellow outline around the window? That means it is currently being ran through Sandboxie.
Downloading/Installing Programs in Sandboxie
As an example, I will be downloading and installing this program
, so feel free to download it as well for testing.
That's it! Your program is now installed and isolated from your computer in Sandboxie!
Running Programs in Sandboxie
- In your browser which you opened through Sandboxie (as explained above), download the program (do not open it from the browser).
If while downloading you get the Immediate Recovery screen, just click Close.
- Go to the Sandboxie Control window and change the View to Files and Folders.
- Navigate to: All Files and Folders > User Files > Personal > Downloads
- Right click the setup.exe file and click Run Sandboxed.
- You might get another Message from Sandboxie. Do as the highlighted message says and double click it. Then click Ok, then Close the window.
- If you got the above Message from Sandboxie, right click the setup.exe file again and click Run Sandboxed.
Tip: If you hover your mouse near the top of the setup window, you'll see that same yellow outline that you did around your browser window, showing you you're Sandboxie protected.
- Go through the installation normally, installing it to the default directory it lists (generally C:\Program Files\). Just click Next a bunch until you finish the Setup.
You can now open your program by going back to the Sandboxie Control window and Navigating to: All Files and Folders
> User Files
Then right clicking the .lnk file and Run Sandboxed
If you get another Message from Sandboxie
, just Close
Deleting the Sandboxie Contents
Ok so you're all done with your offers for today or maybe you've done a few surveys and want to clean your cookies up.
- Down on your Notification Tray you should see your Sandboxie Icon.
Right click it, select Default Box then Delete Contents.
- Click the big Delete Contents button.
Any programs you had opened through Sandboxie are now closed, and any programs you had installed to Sandboxie are now poof as well as anything related.
If you have any questions or anything to add, please post! ^-^