ATreci

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Post what YOU think is the best DPS class :D!

It wont just help me, but it will also help all those new players who wanna be a DPS.
Hey everyone who is reading this post! 1st Thank you for clicking it whether you're someone who is looking for guidence in a DPS class or you are someone posting YOUR idea on what the best DPS class is.

RULES OF POSTING ( Please follow <3 )
1: No links please ( Unless it leads to a updated DPS guide )
2: This is a place where people put out there opinions on what they think is the best DPS class guide so if you see something that is wrong with someones guide I ask that you correct or suggest a fixture in a nice way.
3: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I see this alot, but when you make youre guide add as much info as you can and understand there might be noobs looking at this so some in game words might not register to them.
4: Talent Point what lvl a skill should be taken to what skills are not worth wasting time with would be a great help. I see lots of guides that dont say what lvl to take a skill to exactly.

TO ALL WHO READ AND POST I THANK YOU VERY MUCH IT DOESNT JUST HELP ME BUT IT HELPS OTHERS WHO MIGHT BE UNSURE HOW TO MAKE A DPS.

If you would like to add me im on Diamond server and my name is : Nive As i post this I think im a lvl 16 using commando trait and im a lvl 16 thief I think I cant exactly remember.
Advertisement

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedJan 17, 2013 1:29 am
The best DPS class for me has to be Martial Artist. Not only does it have awesome buffs, but it also has incredible raw power. Just give it a few seconds to set up and it's unstoppable. If it can't set up, well, it's still a huge threat. MAs have enough STR* to make them wield a shield and still have high block rate and attack.

Charge: a skill that increases your attack and atk spd everytime you attack, can stack up to 10 times.
Encourage: increases STR and gives you 15% chance to double-hit.
Charging Assault: instant stun that works like Warrior's Onrush.

*STR also increases block

Oh and just FYI, Commando trait is one of the best to use for Martial Artist. The 2nd best is Adventurer.

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedJan 17, 2013 5:16 am
Personally I agree with MA being the best for single targets but if its for AoEs u can't beat engineer or blade dancer (should probably search for a good guide cos my engi and BD suck)

Also don't rule out illusionist
Triple hit spell (deadly icicle) can dish out some nice dmg. When they sleep a target using hypnosis not only can they stack winter chill to 3 for some dmg over time but the next attack on sleeping target will cause extra dmg. Further more the skill psionic focus makes u invisible and increases m-crit while aerolite is a nice AoE knockdown. The fun don't end there tho cos they also have mind surge (gives mp to urself and all nearby party members) and stimulation (an AoE that boosts cast speed and atk speed)

Posted By Aeria Mobile

pflai

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 4:53 pm
I think ranger is better than MA, since rangers can put more distance between foes to cripple melee, and also because of their insane crit rate and atk speed. They also have fear that can potentially last 11 seconds, with half of cooldown just with a glyph, and root, which basically knocks any melee out, and halfkins get stun.

magnusbear

Rank 0
PostedJan 18, 2013 6:06 pm
For PvP ranger is the way to go. Their CC skills are totally imbalanced. But for PvE samurai is untouchable. A decent samurai should have 40%+ dmg in a 5 man trial with party mambers with similar gears. Their ashura/purg combo with awakened katana is the deadliest AoE available and gives good single target dps as well, and their debuffs are a great help on bosses. It does take much more skil to play samurai effectivly, but the results are truly worth it.

A good pve samurai should be able to cap crit rate/dmg easily. They will take aggro from the vast majority of tanks, but with humans at least, the heal on crit racial means it doesnt reallly matter unless its one of those 15k+ crit mobs(rare, but they exist). Once crit is capped, look for more accuracy for more reliable combos or for more parry if you wanna use DK heal on parry skill. If you want more survivability, take resists/dmg reduction over def boost as the effect on dmg taken is far better,

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedJan 18, 2013 6:16 pm
There is no actual 'best' class, its all personal preference and player style.

For me, I prefer DPS-Cleric, mage, and illusionist. They're good PvP and PvE classes and helpful either way.

Hiro.x3

Rank 1
Hiro.x3
In your heart,inside your dreams United States
PostedJan 18, 2013 6:29 pm
I agree wth what Rinsha said, I think that illu is the best dps class imo. Rinsha pretty much pointed out most of the good points about illu also. As to compare it with other classes, I think it beats melee dps classes in general in PvE also PvP. Most of the time range classes (classes that can hit from a far distance) tend to have an advantage most of the time, since melee are close combat all range classes can kite while melees have to be close to them to hit the majority of the time. Yes they can use a bow but it restricts them also of some of their skills. While most of monsters are close combat, it makes it hard for range classes to get hit period. Also that nice mind surge will keep you from losing any real big amounts of mp & you can stay grinding or killing for a good amount of time. The hypnosis can also be a great escape goat for you & your party. For example if your tank dies & the mobs are running amok, just sleep them then you can find some cover. Aerolite is like a guaranteed kd also then you can just inflict massive dmg to your foe then when they get up, hypnosis LOL. One more thing I would like to add, stim is beautiful. You dont necessarily need cast speed procs to get high cast with illu since when you get to a high lvl, stacking stim 3x gives you a good amount of cast speed alone :O Basically this is why I think illu is best :3

doc09

Rank 4
doc09
PostedJan 18, 2013 6:37 pm
Hiro.x3 wrote:
I agree wth what Rinsha said, I think that illu is the best dps class imo. Rinsha pretty much pointed out most of the good points about illu also. As to compare it with other classes, I think it beats melee dps classes in general in PvE also PvP. Most of the time range classes (classes that can hit from a far distance) tend to have an advantage most of the time, since melee are close combat all range classes can kite while melees have to be close to them to hit the majority of the time. Yes they can use a bow but it restricts them also of some of their skills. While most of monsters are close combat, it makes it hard for range classes to get hit period. Also that nice mind surge will keep you from losing any real big amounts of mp & you can stay grinding or killing for a good amount of time. The hypnosis can also be a great escape goat for you & your party. For example if your tank dies & the mobs are running amok, just sleep them then you can find some cover. Aerolite is like a guaranteed kd also then you can just inflict massive dmg to your foe then when they get up, hypnosis LOL. One more thing I would like to add, stim is beautiful. You dont necessarily need cast speed procs to get high cast with illu since when ou get to a high lvl, stacking stim 3x gives you what like 900 cast speed alone or something like that?? O.o Basically this is why I think illu is best :3  

Illu has deadly ice, which is their main dps skill, sleep, aerolite, and mind surge for the main skills. The main thing is that even if you have the Aerolite glyph, it's still not much of a viable skill for mainly dps'ing, there is a 40 second approx. cold down for a 6 second effect. Hypnosis skill is mainly for illusionists who can't compete dps wise, it's also a slow-your-enemy skill in TW and GvG (easily stopped and avoidable with good clerics). With the invisible + mcrit rate, for people who main Illusionist and already achieve 100% rate without buffs or anything ( I can and have achieved this, its one of my builds) that skills is pretty much useless but only for sneaking past people and sleeping, or hitting from behind.

and for stimulation, at most i think right now is around 350 cast speed bonus.

There is no 'best' class, Illusionist is a 'strong' class, but its not the best.

kdramalover

Rank 0
kdramalover
PostedJan 18, 2013 8:41 pm
From a PvE perspective, MAs are probably one of the best for a number of reasons:
1.) Flinching - MA's have the highest potential to make a boss flinch, which can improve overall dps and help ease the pressure off the healer(s)
2.) Faster dps - compared to casters, a MA will dish out more hits than a caster most of the time

From a PvP (TW/GvG setting) perspective, most classes are fair game and equal. There will always be a use for most of the classes in a TW/GvG setting. Rangers are used to fear, clerics are used to heal/stun-dps/cleanse, mages are used to aoe, etc. It just depends on what type of party that you're in and your playstyle.

ChibiChen3

Rank 3
ChibiChen3
PostedJan 18, 2013 10:50 pm
I'm Commander Kitsuragi, and the Ranger is my favorite class in the Citadel.

Those delicious knockbacks, that funky fear, using a bow, good lord Ranger do not come with me to ze Casbah we shall make beautiful musics together RIGHT. HERE.

Countdown till cancer patrol.