dvdljns

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2013 6:25 pm

locking topics

don't want to hear from players?
Why is it they lock an active topic if you are saying what they don't want to hear. also looking through the topics a lot of the posts just disappear. I was following a topic on rates that was active and now is locked. Not only that but some of the posts I read before are now gone. Do they really beleive that players will not know there is a problem. Maybe they think by deleting the posts and locking the topic they will make the player dissatisfaction go away also. Ignoring the problem is not the same as fixing it. why don't they join the discussion.
Advertisement

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedJan 16, 2013 6:34 pm
A lot of the reason why the "recent" topics were locked was because it had more then one suitable answer to the persons concern, question, etc.

It's not about GMs not wanting to hear from the players, it's not wanting a topic that has been answered and addressed more than once to keep going on page after page and end up COMPLETELY off topic of the OP.

Perfect example? This topic, started off with something completely different, was answered, and then just snowballed into a discussion that was off topic which is why it was locked.

Also, you have those people who constantly want to necro old topics that are open because they have a question in the same "general area" as said necro topic.

I dunno why you would jump to this conclusion when the reasons are pretty clear, logical, and even sometimes stated why it was locked. Just GMs trying to clean up the forums.

ston102

Rank 0
ston102
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:04 pm
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
A lot of the reason why the "recent" topics were locked was because it had more then one suitable answer to the persons concern, question, etc.

It's not about GMs not wanting to hear from the players, it's not wanting a topic that has been answered and addressed more than once to keep going on page after page and end up COMPLETELY off topic of the OP.

Perfect example? This topic, started off with something completely different, was answered, and then just snowballed into a discussion that was off topic which is why it was locked.

Also, you have those people who constantly want to necro old topics that are open because they have a question in the same "general area" as said necro topic.

I dunno why you would jump to this conclusion when the reasons are pretty clear, logical, and even sometimes stated why it was locked. Just GMs trying to clean up the forums.  

I don't think he is jumping to any bad conclusion.most of the old post get open because some of the issues there are fixes for but they month after month stay the same.i understand its not an easy job meeting so much demands but i really think there are issues that need to be at the top of the list that are really pushed aside, that's how some see it. most of the time for some topics a gm will never respond because of the sensitivity of information or topic.but those issues really hurt,when you don't get an answer and people letting personal feeling get in the way then it all becomes a mess. Alot want answers to why the back bone of the game is making it harder to play. issues like pvp if it dies that's already half of the player base gone.the rest who depend on mmo to keep active like the level 90's just gonna sit in kaslow after the 5 runs then log. People are seeing alot of items and cash shop updates and not enorth economy fix. I already notice once anyone post about the sink it gets removed or other similar issues.Majority of the time anything economy base gets the x.x and that's no surprise.

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT AS IT IS

GMMokona

GameMaster: USA
GMMokona
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:29 pm
Actually, Kalash's response was more or less spot on.

There's no point in having multiple threads about the same thing. There's no point in making 5+ threads if they all can be placed into one thread. When a thread is made, it's made with a point to get across or a question to answer - when this no longer applies or the question is answered, we lock the thread.

I fail to see where it's the 'GMs are trying to hide stuff'. We will usually reply to threads if there's a reason for the GM team to respond. No, we don't reply to every single 'this sucks fix it" thread because 9/10 we have recently already responded to a similar thread.

We don't just remove threads randomly, either. If someone starts cussing, flaming each other and the thread just becomes a breeding ground for drama, trolls or whatnot - yes we will remove it. If you don't want a thread to be removed, follow the ToS and have a point for posting.

And again, seeing how this thread has been answered and there's nothing else to say that wouldn't involve a debate or argument about why the GM team handles this the way they do, this thread is being locked.