GMvash

GameMaster: Germany
GMvash
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:27 am   Last edited by GMvash on Jan 16, 2013 10:13 am. Edited 2 times in total

AIC 2013 - Interview with CrackHeads after winning

Interview with Kimpah & MrGold!
Hey everybody,

as most of you know, the guys from CrackHeads won the AIC 2013 Qualifiers that were spread out over the last 2 weekends. For those of you who didn't have the time to follow the tournaments, you will find all the information following these links:

EU Qualifier
NA Qualifier
Playoffs EU vs NA

Also be sure to check out the VODs, brought to you by Rush-Zone:

Full list of VODs provided by Rush-Zone and W0lf!
Highlights from the matches

Also AeriaGames would like to thank the great guys from the ESL and Rush-Zone for holding and broadcasting the qualifiers, good job well done!

Ok, let's cut the rest out and come directly to the interview. We had the chance to have a talk with 2 members of CrackHeads: Kimpah & MrGold

Hi Kimpah, Hi MrGold, thanks for taking the time to have this little interview with us!

You guys managed to win the AIC qualifiers and had some very tough matches during the tournament. How do you feel now that the qualifiers are over and you guys know you’ll go to the main-event in Japan?

Kimpah: It feels good to finally have the opportunity to prove ourselves against the absolute top in A.V.A. MrGold has already been to Korea, but the rest of us have been waiting for this chance for a long time now.

MrGold: It feels great for me personally to have another A.V.A Journey and it feels even better to travel to Japan with CrackHeads this time. I think that CrackHeads has been waiting for this event for a long time, and that we have finally been rewarded for all the achievements that we managed to get in U.A.V.A.

How did you prepare for the AIC qualifiers, did you develop any special tactics for it or did you just hop on the server and try to get as much team-practice as possible?

MrGold: We did play a lot together before, because CrackHeads really wanted this. CrackHeads has the advantage of having the best scope with ‘Kimpah’ and the best rifle with ‘CypheZ’ and before the AIC we won all the tournaments we entered.
This is why we did not make any big changes in our gameplay, we just all really wanted to win this trip, I mean the motivation of all our members was sky-high and I even remember in the finals when we won 6-1 on the very first half, we didn’t claim our victory yet, we kept on saying in TeamSpeak "stay cool, don’t make any weird moves now, Keep this up , don’t f*ck it up now”

Kimpah: Yeah, we tried to play together as much as possible. There were some issues though with us all believing that ‘CypheZ’ would be going to the army and not being able to play the Qualifier Finals nor the AIC in Japan if we would go there. So we had to practice with another player named ‘i3P1’ for a long time, who also deserves all the credits he can get for helping us.
‘Kwelie’ was away for a long time over Christmas but still came online as much as possible to play with us even though he couldn't perform from his laptop. As ‘MrGold’ said we were all very motivated for this tournament.

The match vs blasT during the Playoffs semi-finals can be considered as one of your closest and most exciting matches during the whole tournament. Did you guys stay calm during the whole match or were things getting hot and heavy in Teamspeak?

MrGold: The match vs blasT was really rough and we didn't play our best... Most of our players were very nervous because of all the commotion that happened before the playoff stage. Three of our players turned out negative on the scoreboard which is never a good sign. On the second map we were leading 4-0 in the 4th half and then we just somehow collapsed… as a result we didn't win any more round during that half while we only needed 2 more for the spot in the finals.
We should have finished blasT in 2 maps but, like I said we were all nervous, some were even shaking while playing. Luckily we got rid of that in the last map and started playing more confident as a team. Also blasT really worked on our gameplay. They knew that Kimpah is our strongest weapon, and they did a good job to try to take him out at first and it worked a lot on their advantage in the beginning. CrackHeads didn't lose hope in fact, I think that when we lost the second map it actually gave us a pretty intense shake and we stepped our game up again, with a very good result.

Kimpah: The most nervous time was when we were about to lose the first map with them only needing one more round to win. The second map blasT played really good, with Aila going really strong and carrying his team, but it was not the map we were supposed to win on either with it being on NA server and all.
I personally was never nervous on the last map, India, because we know very well how blasT plays on defense and if we just got enough rounds on their attack it would go our way, which we got.

Which factors do you think make you especially good as a team and could you describe how each team-member of CrackHeads contributes to the team?

Kimpah: We have a really great mix of players with both, great rifles and scopes. Both ‘CypheZ’ and ‘MrGold’ are very solid defensive rifles which give us a lot of safe rounds, and me and ‘kwelie’ being the two players with an aggressive play style trying to get those entry kills. xSlice is a great joker to have in the clan being able to do good with both rifle & scope and being able to take both the aggressive & defensive roles.

MrGold: The thing that makes CrackHeads really strong is our team game play. We have been playing together for such a long time.
With ‘Kimpah’ we have the best scope of the game in our team, there's nothing else I can add on Kim... hes simply the best.
CypheZ is the most strongest defensive player I’ve ever seen. No matter how sick he feels or how tired or mad he is, he always turns out with the best score of all the rifles in our team, nobody gets a better SD than CypheZ in any tournament.
For myself I think that personally my strongest points are that I can play very passive, I doubt that anyone has more patience than me, and i can play on any spot on any map, I just feel confident everywhere. It’s not like I WANT to have a certain spot like most of the players.
Kwelie is the B.A. (A-Team) from CrackHeads. Using that Para like kwelie does is very rare, sometimes it’s like he only hits headshot in all his games and i don't think that there is anyone out there who can give " lotto-headshots " like kwelie can Smile.
‘xSlice’ is the correct person who we need in the group. There always has to be a chicken in the group right? Very Happy Altough ‘xSlice’ is not a rifle; He did pull some major kills during the AIC qualifiers, but if u give ‘xSlice’ a scope, he is like a moving bunker. Put ‘xSlice’ in a spot on the map and nobody will enter it, as xSlice would say: "ACCESS DENIED"

What kind of Tips & Tricks would you give a new AVA-player who wants to reach a level on which he is able to compete in tournaments like the ESL, AIC and IeSF?

Kimpah: Practice makes perfect, always practice, practice, practice, both as a team and as an individual. Even though you are facing a team with very good individual players you can win over them with good team-play. I think Caprice pretty much proved that against DefkoN. Then if every player in the team practices both their own aim and game-sense you will automatically become a team doing better and better every day, and hopefully a top team after some time.

MrGold: I think that everybody can be as good as he wants to be. I still remember when I was watching DefkoN winning IeSF in 2010 I was thinking , "woah I will never be as good as they are". One thing I noticed is that it’s really important to always have fun in the game & with the team. In CrackHeads we do sometimes criticize when we have to, we do say when we do bad things, but we never break down the team even when somebody misses 30 m4mk3 shots on somebody. We will just say "nice try". And if you have that team that is competitive, mature & very fun to play with, you will become better no matter what.

Ok, let’s move on to the upcoming AIC tournament in Japan now:

Will you put in any special practice before taking off to Japan?

Kimpah: We will probably mostly be focusing on getting used to the weapon rules etc. We are happy with the way we play and we have a good feeling about taking our play style to Japan. So mostly just putting the hours in the game together and keep doing what we've been doing since before the qualifiers.

MrGold: In my opinion I think we should keep playing as we play right now , i dont wanna take the risk on making big changes, that might not work against the asian teams, Both asian teams don't know how we play, and we don't know how they play, So i believe that we should be play on our strongest and that is playing like we play now.

What do you expect from playing the AIC 2013 in Tokyo, Japan, do you think you have a good shot at the first place?

Kimpah: Every win will feel like an achievement considering how good the Asian teams are. We will do our best and hopefully become a team that fights for the top spots.

MrGold: I've been to IeSF and I’ve seen how Asian teams play. I believe that we can achieve great places, not saying that we will win ezpz but of course we want to end on the highest place on the stage. DefkoN did prove before that teams of our A.V.A. version can achieve great things. So we will give everything we have to try and get that 1st place.

We will have 2 Japanese Team, 1 Korean Team, 1 Chinese Team, 1 Taiwanese Team and of course CrackHeads from EU competing in Japan. Who do you think will be your toughest opponent in Japan?

Kimpah: I do not really know anything about the other teams yet, but from what I've heard I would guess that the Korean team would be the hardest one to beat.

MrGold: I believe the teams that have been fighting for the IeSF 2012 title will be the toughest in AIC, Korea & Taiwan have very strong teams. Of course I do believe that Kimpah might be better than the Korean scope but then ofc our rifles have to be at least as good as the Korean rifles. As for Taiwan: very aggressive Para users with no scope. I think that most of the games are gonna be very close

Are you looking forward to see some of the Japanese culture or are you more focused on the tournament and placing as good as possible? Also do you think ‘kwelie’ will really manage to get his weekly ratio of Snus through the Japanese customs without being locked away for smuggling?

Kimpah: It's a bit of both. Most focus is on the tournament, but it will be amazing to experience a little bit of Japan. I've heard so any stories from persons who have been there and to be able to see some of it with my own eyes is very exciting. Haha.. I do hope he manages to bring it all, but after hearing how much he will be bringing I'm not so sure anymore Smile

MrGold: Thahah xp - I’m looking forward to the Japanese culture. I’ve been told the Japanese culture is a little more precise & efficient than the Korean culture and I really had a blast in South-Korea so Japan should be even better! As for ‘kwelie’ yeh uuhm...SNUZ IS BAD!

Ok, thanks again for taking your time in this interview and good luck in Tokyo! Any shout-outs or greetings to anyone?

MrGold: Kimpah Lost a bet during the AIC qualifier, as a result he will have to ‘lick’ my feet, I hope that the community will like that video Smile Already looking forward to reading reactions on that vid
@ Community be sure to check & like CrackHeads facebook page Very Happy !

Kimpah: I would like to thank everyone who supports us, they make this experience even better and hopefully we can make them satisfied with our performance in Japan. Special shout-out again to ‘i3P1’ for helping us and I wish he could come too. About that bet.. it's a lie since MrGold did not drop 40 kills nor did better than me against blasT Wink, but we'll be trying to give the community some good stuff through facebook & youtube, so follow us!

That's it for now, hope you enjoyed the Interview. Make sure to check back regularly for more details on the upcoming AIC 2013 in Tokyo, Japan from Feb. 22 ~ Feb 24.

Team Aeria
Advertisement

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:27 am
Surprised most read naow.

Wayzata

Rank 2
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:30 am   Last edited by Wayzata on Jan 16, 2013 10:49 am. Edited 2 times in total
How did this interview happened ?o.o

Posted By Aeria Mobile

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:36 am

Re: AIC 2013 - Interview with CrackHeads after winning

Interview with Kimpah & MrGold!
GMvash wrote:
Also do you think ‘kwelie’ will really manage to get his weekly ratio of Snus through the Japanese customs without being locked away for smuggling?[/b]

lmao.

GMvash

GameMaster: Germany
GMvash
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:54 am
Wayzata wrote:

I did it with them via Skype-chat Razz

spacefire11

Rank 5.1
spacefire11
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:55 am
GMvash wrote:
Wayzata wrote:

I did it with them via Skype-chat Razz  
was you gmvash in twitch shout box? or its was a fake?

WoIfff

Rank 2
PostedJan 16, 2013 10:05 am
The fake one wouldn't get "MOD" status Smile

kwelie

Rank 2
kwelie
PostedJan 16, 2013 10:05 am
Go us!

AznMaggot

Rank 4
AznMaggot