Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedJan 16, 2013 11:10 am
Without a reason to PVP, there is no need actually to PVP for most people which leaves the people who want to PVP just to PVP searching for a new game.

Rankings are easy to "dominate" in this game and the rewards are absolutely worthless over time, which makes it piss easy now because no one really cares about it. This game unfortunately wasn't designed with decent end game PVP incentives at all.

This honestly could be fixed by GMs without the need of devs. If anything from playing other games I've learned that PVP gear and what you buy with PVP points alone doesn't work. After awhile a person just accumulates everything they want.

I think rewards for rankings should have something extra sent out from GMs. Something /worth/ PVPing for ranks. PVP literally is an ego war, in any game. Rankings just motivate that and when the rewards are worth going for, PVP does pick up.

Advertisement

ston102

Rank 0
ston102
PostedJan 16, 2013 4:59 pm
Pvp is epic dead as is other stuff 95% of the time.

I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT AS IT IS

Zen_Hikari

Rank 2
Zen_Hikari
PostedJan 16, 2013 5:10 pm
What if there were pvp weapons/pots for only PVP. They do this for GVG and everyone wants their GvG weapons.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedJan 16, 2013 5:24 pm
Zen_Hikari wrote:
What if there were pvp weapons/pots for only PVP. They do this for GVG and everyone wants their GvG weapons.  

Correction, *some classes and 70/80 camped players want their GVG weapons/armor.

Adding in weapons, armor, blah blah blah more things for people to do the cycle of farm bracket camp farm bracket camp farm stop for PVP points.. none of that is a "long term" fix and it requires work from the devs. That and it just feeds the issue this game already has.

Zen_Hikari

Rank 2
Zen_Hikari
PostedJan 16, 2013 6:41 pm
Well for 90 u would be correct, but it would make other brackets abit more active. Wouldnt people try to farm their weapons creating more activity?

Youve said the answer to that. New Items from rankings o.o and fix the rankings to the point where Higher levels get more points to be first place. Doesnt weighted score do this?

But then again would aeria lose money because everyone can get gold themselfs instead of buying/selling AP?

Or something ._.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

GMMokona

GameMaster: USA
GMMokona
PostedJan 16, 2013 7:36 pm
I think the one thing everyone tends to forget is all PVP changes have to be made by the developer. It's not the lack of asking.

We have zero tools that allow us to edit, change, modify, remove, add or do anything to PVP points gained, required or anything. If we did, we'd have extra prizes and just deduct the points like we do gold for the Gold Shop.

We can't change the items that are being offered - that too is based on the developers. We've stopped focusing on what we cannot change immediately (or at all) and are focusing on what we can - hence the GF Report that stated we'll be giving extra prizes for the top 10 in each ranking brackets. Might even have pvp events sometime this spring/summer, who knows.

But it's not like we have these tools and just choose to sit here and not use them. If we could, we would.

We also announced in the report that we're looking at lowering the amount of people needed for arena to start for certain brackets and will be taking feedback for that later this month.

Changes are trying to be made and again, there's not too much the GM team can do without the developers assistance. As far as I am aware, not many changes have been made to the native version's PVP system either.

As the thread has been responded to and really it's just beating the horse, locking the thread.