donersss

Rank 0
PostedJan 19, 2013 8:15 pm
Nuh uh. Transformers.

Do we get to play alpha, or we only go in closed beta?

Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 19, 2013 10:05 pm
donersss wrote:
Do we get to play alpha, or we only go in closed beta?  

Alpha will be restricted to just a few chosen people (dunno if randomly picked or not). If you dont get into Alpha, you'll be able to still play in Closed beta. ^-^

donersss

Rank 0
PostedJan 19, 2013 11:46 pm
k thx for info ^^

Shadow.18

Rank 0
Shadow.18
PostedJan 20, 2013 8:53 am
wth??? thats not fear...and more why is that and who told u that??

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 20, 2013 9:31 am
Shadow.18 wrote:
wth??? thats not fear...and more why is that and who told u that??  

That's just how Alpha testing works. D: It's always closed and more limited than Closed Beta. It's stated by tactics here. The purpose of Alpha is not for stress testing like Closed Beta.

donersss

Rank 0
PostedJan 20, 2013 10:31 am
Yep closed beta is where they run it to try and kill the bugs.

Rednal29

Rank 0
Rednal29
PostedJan 20, 2013 10:34 am
Let's not forget that plenty of people don't even WANT to play the Alpha. The early look is exciting and useful for, say, people trying to help build the Wiki... but you can expect the game to be down frequently, things to be changed on you all the time, game-breaking bugs on a fairly regular basis... the Alpha is much more about testing the functionality than it is anything else. If you want to play and enjoy the game, Open Beta and beyond is really where it's at.

Lights705

Rank 1
Lights705
PostedJan 20, 2013 10:55 am
Im 100% open to bug hunting/glitch finding and encounter errors, especially game breaking ones and report them all.

Afterall, whoever gets accepted into the alpha we really have to thank them since they will be running into most of the bugs, errors, etc before anyone else (those who did not get in) and getting them fixed... I can only imagine how frustrating it would be lol

So here's to whoever actually gets accepted!

Congrats from everyone here at Evolution♥ and thank you for having to deal with the problems before us.(maybe some evo's will get in who knows?)

As for those who do not get in don't worry!!! CBT is next just hold on some more♥ "It's better to be patient, than become one." ^_^

Sig Created by: TStarKnight

morterlust

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedJan 20, 2013 3:11 pm
Rednal29 wrote:
Let's not forget that plenty of people don't even WANT to play the Alpha. The early look is exciting and useful for, say, people trying to help build the Wiki... but you can expect the game to be down frequently, things to be changed on you all the time, game-breaking bugs on a fairly regular basis... the Alpha is much more about testing the functionality than it is anything else. If you want to play and enjoy the game, Open Beta and beyond is really where it's at.  

No offense, but what are you 10 or something? Maybe just a newcomer to gaming industry in general? Praying it's the latter, welcome to gaming, and with that noted, may I remind you that a foundation of every successful game includes heavy testing. Alpha, Beta, controlled environments, stress tests, and so on. People who are part of Alpha are the lucky ones. I would love to be in the Alpha and there are countless others who share the same views. You sound like someone who just wants to play the final product. That I can understand and certainly you are not alone, but I am afraid minority in my experience.

Bugs? Well of course there will be bugs, but it appears you haven't done your homework on this game very much. You see, the game has already been released for over a year in Korea. Most of the game play bugs have been taken care of and dealt with. Only bugs we may see is translation bugs, maybe some armor clipping on sentinel-type sprites and npcs, and little things like that. No matter how you look at it however, chances of having a successful game launch without testing stages such as alpha and beta would be minimal to say the least, and I am not even talking about a stress test.

Rednal29

Rank 0
Rednal29
PostedJan 20, 2013 8:58 pm
*Coughs* I didn't say EVERYONE wanted to avoid the Alpha, just that there are, in fact, those who might prefer to start playing a game when it at least vaguely resembles a completed product. I'm not saying that's good or bad, either; people certainly have different views on what stage of the game they'd like to join in on, and none of those views are really wrong. It's a subjective matter, after all.

My point is that for a complete gaming experience, Beta and later is the ideal time. Alpha is not. There are plenty of reasons people might want to join in early, though; for example, those of us (like me) who are contributing to the Wiki and trying to build it up would probably LOVE the opportunity to get into the Alpha stuff and start gathering information so that when the Closed Beta rolls around and significantly more people start logging in, they'll have a more complete and useful guide to use as they go through the game and help to test its functionality.

As for it being out in Korea... of course I know that. *Blinks* That's why I've occasionally pointed out to people that the Alpha testing and general programming phases will probably be shorter than they are for making a brand-new game. Still, putting the game on new servers in a different language with whatever changes have been made does have the possibility for significant bugs. Not as many as when it's brand-new, but I can imagine all sorts of scenarios where things could go wrong. Maybe they won't, and the programming's already pretty darn good. That'd be great. I just... don't think people should expect a stable Alpha.