tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedJan 15, 2013 2:53 pm   Last edited by tactics on Feb 07, 2013 7:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Community Update (1/15)

What's up with Scarlet Blade right now?
Hey everyone Smile

Scarlet Blade is progressing very rapidly, and our team is suuuper excited with some of what's been happening lately! We wanted to give you a quick update on a couple things:

Localization, changes to Scarlet Blade
  • Good news! The Localization team has been able to get ahead of schedule again, so the previously-estimated completion numbers for Alpha are wrong wrong wrong!
  • Previously we estimated in-game text at 99% Translation and 20% Localization for Alpha-- Now it seems like we'll have 99% Translation and 30-40% Localization for Alpha!
  • No update on Faction names >.< Still not sure if they will change for the US market or not-- It's complicated ;P
  • Loading screens (Instructions/tips) should be Translated (at least) and possibly totally Localized by Alpha
  • Localized English Voice-overs are sounding pretty good so far, and overall our team is happy with them-- however, it is unlikely that they will be in the Alpha client (we do expect them for Beta, though!)

Other progress
  • Our team has been very busy, as the Liveplex team has come to visit our office in California this week to help aid in communication and server-side programming/development
  • Thier team is super nice and helpful, and we're having a lot of fun together while getting all our work done ^-^
  • They've been very patient to explain and help in any way they can, so overall it's been a great visit!
  • They will return to Korea at the end of this week, and we're hopeful that everything will be totally in order by then
  • Our team is currently planning to host a large media event soon to allow our friends in the game journalism industry to have an early look at the game's future content-- During this event, a LOT of news and previews will come out about Scarlet Blade-- This will happen between Alpha and Beta

Launch dates
  • I still am not 100% confident about the Alpha date, so I cannot commit to it-- That said though... Having the Liveplex team here this week is a good sign, right? Wink

Thanks again for all your early support. As I said before, our team is still very confident that Scarlet Blade will be the biggest game launch in Aeria Games history, so this is a very exciting time!

More details coming very soon.

-tactics, and the Scarlet Blade team.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."
Advertisement

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedJan 15, 2013 2:56 pm
Alphaaaa D: Glad things are moving quicker than planned though. ^-^

Short_Amigo

GameSage: Forum
Short_Amigo
PostedJan 15, 2013 2:57 pm
Very naise.

HeartlessFate

Rank 1
HeartlessFate
PostedJan 15, 2013 2:58 pm
Thanks again for the update =D

DJ2xway

Rank 0
DJ2xway
PostedJan 15, 2013 2:59 pm
Excellent!! Thanks for keeping us updated and it goes without saying (but Ima sayit anyways!! :3) We're all totally excited for this!!

lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedJan 15, 2013 3:14 pm
Wonderful, glad to see things are coming along nicely.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedJan 15, 2013 3:14 pm
Thanks for the update, nice to see things are moving ahead of schedule!

Unlike at the office pictured here:

I make no Rupaulogies.

iviaran

Rank 0
iviaran
PostedJan 15, 2013 4:08 pm
thanks for the update!!

patyos2

Rank 0
patyos2
PostedJan 15, 2013 4:17 pm
Sweet ! Alpha !