Scarlet Blade is progressing very rapidly, and our team is suuuper excited with some of what's been happening lately! We wanted to give you a quick update on a couple things:
Localization, changes to Scarlet Blade
- Good news! The Localization team has been able to get ahead of schedule again, so the previously-estimated completion numbers for Alpha are wrong wrong wrong!
- Previously we estimated in-game text at 99% Translation and 20% Localization for Alpha-- Now it seems like we'll have 99% Translation and 30-40% Localization for Alpha!
- No update on Faction names >.< Still not sure if they will change for the US market or not-- It's complicated ;P
- Loading screens (Instructions/tips) should be Translated (at least) and possibly totally Localized by Alpha
- Localized English Voice-overs are sounding pretty good so far, and overall our team is happy with them-- however, it is unlikely that they will be in the Alpha client (we do expect them for Beta, though!)
- Our team has been very busy, as the Liveplex team has come to visit our office in California this week to help aid in communication and server-side programming/development
- Thier team is super nice and helpful, and we're having a lot of fun together while getting all our work done ^-^
- They've been very patient to explain and help in any way they can, so overall it's been a great visit!
- They will return to Korea at the end of this week, and we're hopeful that everything will be totally in order by then
- Our team is currently planning to host a large media event soon to allow our friends in the game journalism industry to have an early look at the game's future content-- During this event, a LOT of news and previews will come out about Scarlet Blade-- This will happen between Alpha and Beta
- I still am not 100% confident about the Alpha date, so I cannot commit to it-- That said though... Having the Liveplex team here this week is a good sign, right?
Thanks again for all your early support. As I said before, our team is still very confident that Scarlet Blade will be the biggest game launch in Aeria Games history, so this is a very exciting time!
More details coming very soon.
-tactics, and the Scarlet Blade team.