ColdB26

Rank 2
ColdB26
PostedJan 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Healthy discussion about Items

Just cuz I'm bored. -lol

1. Do you think there will be enough spots to harvest raw materials for all players? (Maybe additional channels can solve this.)

2. What about the player's shops, do you think will be most common raw materials than finished products?

3. Crossed my mind the idea of certain creations needing several finished products. Several finished products of several different classes. Do you think that's a possibility? And it would be good?

4. Also seen that all players will have direct participation in the economy of the game (I guess), you all think to see or even create guilds specialized in marketing?

5. And to finish... Probably there will be cash shop items that can not be traded with other players. What do you think of this?

Flying pigs took my signature away~
Advertisement

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedJan 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Healthy discussion about Items

Just cuz I'm bored. -lol
ColdB26 wrote:

1. Do you think there will be enough spots to harvest raw materials for all players? (Maybe additional channels can solve this.)

2. What about the player's shops, do you think will be most common raw materials than finished products?

3. Crossed my mind the idea of certain creations needing several finished products. Several finished products of several different classes. Do you think that's a possibility? And it would be good?

4. Also seen that all players will have direct participation in the economy of the game (I guess), you all think to see or even create guilds specialized in marketing?

5. And to finish... Probably there will be cash shop items that can not be traded with other players. What do you think of this?

1. At the moment, RO2 has enough nodes to support its huge player base, and LO has similar amounts of node placement, so I'd guess it'd be fine, especially with multiple channels

2. I think finished products.. the exp from gathering makes it so that it just isn't worth buying off players, but who knows Very Happy

3. It is infact already implemented in the game. To craft blue's, set gear, etc etc, you need a green crafted item, so it requires multiple crafting and also requires rare skill books you need to find.

4. I would love to see trade guilds, in fact there used to be some made here.. part of my guild is sectioned off for that, but I'd love to see guilds for just that, would make it pretty interesting :3

5. Hmm, well I don't know. Cash shop items on Aeria tend to be tradeable, like in Eden Eternal.. so I doubt they'd do that... and LO's direct competitor (RO2) also allows for CS item trading and has a very balanced (but over priced because of the publisher) cash shop.. We'd just have to wait and see, but my bet is that it'd be tradeable and pretty okay in terms of balance.

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedJan 16, 2013 6:15 am
for tradeable cash shop items almost every game ive played has had mostly tradeable cash shop items with a sprinkling of non-trade items too

hopefully LO will be likewise

im more interested about obtaining ingame costumes and such atm tho

feilidxy

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
feilidxy
PostedJan 16, 2013 6:23 am
From my experience untradable IM items tend to be tickets/shards/parts needed for rare mounts/vanity lol like you'd need x amount of tickets for x mount/costume

Amolfi

Rank 0
Amolfi
PostedJan 16, 2013 10:38 am

Re: Healthy discussion about Items

Just cuz I'm bored. -lol
ColdB26 wrote:

1) Even if the harvest nodes weren't enough say every channel was FULL.. we can still obtain materials for crafting via farming. Farming leads to farm stuff , farm stuff can be traded for crafting materials.

2) Definitely finished products. As people rake up their trade levels.. they'll just head straight for the hotshot crafts available for gold competition since access to raw materials can be found easily via farming and from harvesting nodes. Usually finished products bring more income..?

3) I was a tailor back in 2nd alpha.. and if i remembered , i needed an 'advanced' (green) tier equipment to make a (blue) tier gear. So.. yeah green gloves + additional materials = blue gloves for example. Unfortunately to craft these blue gear, you need blueprints and the way to get them is either by maybe buying from a high leveled area trade class expert npc or WORSE case scenario , you hunt the blueprints from dungeon runs.. usually as a dungeon boss drop followed by weapons / equips / crafting materials and etc.

4) Trade specialized guilds.. are rare.. so maybe?

5) I'm pretty sure most of the cash items would be tradeable since played GF and EE and i saw most stuff tend to become tradable like suits and such..

ColdB26

Rank 2
ColdB26
PostedJan 16, 2013 12:08 pm
ColdB26 wrote:

Right, my turn... (lol)

1. When I played the number of spots seemed insufficient and so I had to wait spawn... But luckily, I had no problem with other players while making the life class's quests.

2. I believe that some materials will only be obtained in really dangerous places, or will be extremely rare drops. In this case I would sell, especially if it had not use to my class or the chances of success in creating a item are... "not so good". But yeah, finished products.

3. When this idea crossed my mind I was thinking about a "Steam Golem" (a temporary summon) or something like. To create one of these would require finished products of weaponsmiths, armorsmiths, engineers (upcoming, I hope)...

4. Depending on the purpose of these trade guilds this can be the start of a war. I've met a interesting trade guild in the past where you could access their website and fill out a form to know the price of a ordered equipment, for example. But like all players will have direct participation in the economy and this WILL make things much more competitive, I really don't know if it would be a good idea. At least I'm dropping it.

5. If LO become the golden goose of Aeria... Who knows...

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedJan 16, 2013 12:28 pm
ColdB26 wrote:

Right, my turn... (lol)

1. When I played the number of spots seemed insufficient and so I had to wait spawn... But luckily, I had no problem with other players while making the life class's quests.

2. I believe that some materials will only be obtained in really dangerous places, or will be extremely rare drops. In this case I would sell, especially if it had not use to my class or the chances of success in creating a item are... "not so good". But yeah, finished products.

3. When this idea crossed my mind I was thinking about a "Steam Golem" (a temporary summon) or something like. To create one of these would require finished products of weaponsmiths, armorsmiths, engineers (upcoming, I hope)...

4. Depending on the purpose of these trade guilds this can be the start of a war. I've met a interesting trade guild in the past where you could access their website and fill out a form to know the price of a ordered equipment, for example. But like all players will have direct participation in the economy and this WILL make things much more competitive, I really don't know if it would be a good idea. At least I'm dropping it.

5. If LO become the golden goose of Aeria... Who knows...

1. I dunno, I never had trouble, keep in mind that the same material can appear in many different places on many maps, so maybe you didn't look for it enough?

2. Yeah, boss materials and super rare mats I think will sell for alot, and stuff that's difficult to get, I'll have to agree that those type of mats would probably be sold.

3. Ahhh so a finished product from multiple classes, I would actually like to see that happen.

4. Same, I would like to see something like that, and definitely believe it'll happen.

5. I have doubts for it, everything up till now has suprisingly been very risky but well thought out plans. Most of us would probably have loved a update but not everything is possible.

ColdB26

Rank 2
ColdB26
PostedJan 16, 2013 12:44 pm
qawsar wrote:

1. I dunno, I never had trouble, keep in mind that the same material can appear in many different places on many maps, so maybe you didn't look for it enough?  

Not really. Even finding 4~7 spots to gather the same material I still had to wait. Also I had to disguise if someone passed around, (whistling) LOL.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedJan 16, 2013 12:52 pm
ColdB26 wrote:
qawsar wrote:

Not really. Even finding 4~7 spots to gather the same material I still had to wait. Also I had to disguise if someone passed around, (whistling) LOL.  

That's really weird xD I never had problems since most of the mats appeared more than one location on the same map, and I never had problems gathering (I did my gathering for hours at end), and even if you had a problem with that, just move to another map with similar nodes D:
All 3 beginner maps have the same nodes, as well as nodes particular to that region.