HUNTER_DEATH

Rank 0
HUNTER_DEATH
PostedJan 14, 2013 7:55 am
Superman0X wrote:
billdoor wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Aeria does not have a license for any languages for Sweden/Finland/Norway.  

Funny you should mention that. At least you guys were looking into it a while back. Wonder what became of it...

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1361029  

Not enough interest. I suppose I could mention it again, and see if anything has changed.  

Trust me, if a Scandinavian Shaiya server was launched, alot of ppl would play there, instead of Shaiya EN, where some of us from Scandic have to pay over 1000 krones( around for 100-150$ ) for 20k AP
Advertisement

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJan 14, 2013 9:21 am
HUNTER_DEATH wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
billdoor wrote:
Superman0X wrote:

Funny you should mention that. At least you guys were looking into it a while back. Wonder what became of it...

Not enough interest. I suppose I could mention it again, and see if anything has changed.  

Trust me, if a Scandinavian Shaiya server was launched, alot of ppl would play there, instead of Shaiya EN, where some of us from Scandic have to pay over 1000 krones( around for 100-150$ ) for 20k AP  

Shaiya.EN is the catch all version of Shaiya. It was the first to launch, and its playerbase is the core of any new version launched. However, the goal of a new version isnt to simply move players from the EN version to another language. It is expand the amount of players of the game in total.

Part of an assessment for any new version is the determination of how many NEW players would be brought in by a localized version of the game. For a successful game launch, the migrating players would only be a small core in comparison to the mass of new players brought in by the game. The key factor is how well the new, localized server would be able to reach an otherwise untapped market.

P.S. The exchange rates/cost of AP would not change based on the localization of the server.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedJan 14, 2013 3:49 pm
Superman0X wrote:
billdoor wrote:
Superman0X wrote:

With a total population of a mere 25,000,000 people, I am not so sure the Nordic countries (Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland), given how saturated and to the forefront they are in the online world, would provide a player base large enough for justifying the release of a regional server for a game that was launched 5 years ago. I doubt Aeria could generate enough interest in the gaming community for a Shaiya Scandinavia server to make it a viable investment - not because Aeria isn't a successful company, but simply because the window of opportunity has most likely closed.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedJan 14, 2013 8:22 pm
With Aeria consolidating servers, and Nexon closing other servers, and active players constantly complaining about not enough PvP to go around, I don't think we will ever see any new servers in any language start up.

Until the core reasons why the overall declining population with all of the servers are addressed, this trend will continue.

It won't be long before all the servers in all languages are merged into one uber international server where we all get to learn many different languages and cultures. Which in itself isn't a bad idea. I get to learn a lot about other cultures in this game, and make friends that I wouldn't have normally had the opportunity to meet, which is about the only redeeming quality left in this game.

cookio

Rank 2
cookio
PostedJan 15, 2013 10:13 am
Only reason I would like to have it, is to have monster madness, not to be while i am sleeping. But I bet that’s not enough reason...
Scandinavia players are used to play on English language games, commercials for this one would do it.
- well one more reason, its annoying when NA-players say this is for NA only, if we complain about time-zone problems.

coverq

Rank 0
PostedJan 15, 2013 12:43 pm
here is my words superman.
I do talk to some DEV everyday. i know the situation on shaiya PL where i play is not so good and when i look at US shaiya now compared to 2/3 years ago, it sux like Hard. You may say no, but deep inside you know it too.
AGE was making much more benefit in ep 4 and you and me know benefit is the mark of a profitable company.
Now i live in europe, i don't know about you xD but sweden for exemple is a rich *** country and for having made some buisness there, I know salaries are higher than in france, Italy, spain or portugal for the equivalent working rank. Economy there is better than here or in germany...
let's be honest. Shaiya is a buisness. that's AGE's buisness and we are the ones making it working. when we go away when it gets desert, it closes cuz they don't make money anymore. wich migh happen on PL and US soon or later.
So why don't you try on one of those scandinaves countries?
someone copy pasted a link where you made a poll about it.
You posted it on US shaiya section. Of course here 90% of the players are from USA... so they probably don't give a **** about it.
but you should do it just folowing the economic way and considering the buisness you can build; and if yall are smart enough you will notice the decreasing point of this buisness has arrived between ep 4.5 and 5.2, so you might as well bypass this.

actually, I hope much more people will be with me and consider this proposition.
1) we all loved ep 2.5 to ep 4. IT WAS the best PVP time and most populated time ( yes, shaiya is also a social game. )

2) most populated air meant $ for you, so it was also your apogee.

bump for this thread and supportit please.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedJan 15, 2013 12:49 pm
@ coverq: I would have liked to support the idea of a Scandinavian/Swedish/Nordic/whatever server, if it was not for the reasons listed previously by me and others in the thread. As much as I would have liked to see such a server, I am quite certain the time when Aeria would get thousands of people from these countries start playing Shaiya has long since passed. It should have been done 2 years ago while the game was still doing well(ish).

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedJan 15, 2013 1:31 pm
Superman0X wrote:
HUNTER_DEATH wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
billdoor wrote:
Superman0X wrote:

Shaiya.EN is the catch all version of Shaiya. It was the first to launch, and its playerbase is the core of any new version launched. However, the goal of a new version isnt to simply move players from the EN version to another language. It is expand the amount of players of the game in total.

Part of an assessment for any new version is the determination of how many NEW players would be brought in by a localized version of the game. For a successful game launch, the migrating players would only be a small core in comparison to the mass of new players brought in by the game. The key factor is how well the new, localized server would be able to reach an otherwise untapped market.

P.S. The exchange rates/cost of AP would not change based on the localization of the server.  

Maybe a Shaiya United Nations (Shaiya UN) where google translator is implemented so communication gaps are extremely minimized? o.0 LOL, can't imagine a merging of ALL worldwide servers into 1 knowing how difficult it was to stabilize the US servers, but just a thought I guess...

coverq

Rank 0
PostedJan 15, 2013 1:47 pm
it's never too late ^^
People who left, left because of the new EP contents Smile
I don't know you but on US and PL shaiya I do know a lot of players that would start playing on scandinave server, even if it's not their country one.

For exemple, myself, i'm canadian. I played US shaiya and then i played Polish shaiya while i didn't know a word of it. I learned it, played it, and still do.

So even if it's not their languages ( altho you can traduce it in english since it's the most spoken language in the world after chinese ), lot of players from US, GR, PT, PL, IT, TR and probably others around all the world would join the fictive SN ( scandinave ) server just to be playing in ep 2.5 to ep 4 once again. You don't need to talk swedish to kill people in pvp lol. I didn't need to spek polish to kill peeople in pvp or talk in teamspeak, and what... today i have over 150k kills there and i enjoyed all the time i played there.

But like many other servers we had the updates to ep 5.2 and now we are in 5.4 and like many of you, i saw 3/4 of the server quiting and going to guild wars 2 or Aion because they couldnt enjoy playing shaiya anymore.

Making for exemple a Swedish shaiya, don't mean you will have only swedish people playing it. Just like on US shaiya for exemple, you will have turkish, polish, french, german players all over the place. they are atracted by the context.

so you will not have the 25 000 ppl from th country but some of the 6billion on the earth ^^

coverq

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2013 12:05 pm
*bump* so AGE staff read this Very Happy