aharvey23

Rank 0
aharvey23
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina United States
PostedJan 13, 2013 3:21 pm

What do you guys think?

Posted this idea in suggestions forum already, hopefully the Devs get to see it Very Happy

Advertisement

faarietail

Rank 0
PostedJan 13, 2013 3:44 pm
The reflect one sounds good but not the sunburned one. Special attacks such as ice, target, nuke, pierce etc shouldn't counterattacked =)

If Sunburned was made into a pearl, I don't actually see people using it because not everyone will fight against an ice user and they might have bad aim and wont be able to ice you, hence, a useless pearl.

Reflect on the other hand, will the character still receive the damage since they only reflect 25%/30% of the damage back? It would be a great help for lower levels if they ever get put against someone high and could use the extra damage to have a chance of winning.

NicoleP_05538

GameSage: Aeria Browser
NicoleP_05538
PostedJan 13, 2013 6:35 pm   Last edited by NicoleP_05538 on Jan 14, 2013 12:06 am. Edited 1 time in total
I would love the reflect pearl. ;D
I see that as a popular pearl used in ff or lf.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

NecromancerV

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
NecromancerV
PostedJan 13, 2013 8:59 pm
Any suggestions on game changes or additions should go on the suggestion thread here.

jliuk146

Rank 0
jliuk146
PostedJan 13, 2013 11:47 pm

Not Gonna Like It

But I guess too many people will support it So here's my opinion
Hate the reflect pearl. Its another one of those pearls that gives people who have playing as long as I have a complete disadvantage.

Scenario 1: I have 500 hp I pow someone (usually does 4-6K) Would I die if they reflect?!?! Make it so reflect pearl can't kill your opponent then I have no objections.

Scenario 2: How would reflect work in boats? If bartos breaths fire and you reflect he does 50k damage in heroic. If Bartos has 1% would you fail or pass the boat?!?!

If these flaws were worked out I have no objection to the Reflect pearl and but i still would hate it.

Sunburn pearl

faarietail wrote:
The reflect one sounds good but not the sunburned one. Special attacks such as ice, target, nuke, pierce etc shouldn't counterattacked =)

If Sunburned was made into a pearl, I don't actually see people using it because not everyone will fight against an ice user and they might have bad aim and wont be able to ice you, hence, a useless pearl.

Reflect on the other hand, will the character still receive the damage since they only reflect 25%/30% of the damage back? It would be a great help for lower levels if they ever get put against someone high and could use the extra damage to have a chance of winning.  

Agreed ice shouldn't be able to be countered

s.in

Rank 0
s.in
PostedJan 13, 2013 11:53 pm
scenario 2 XD

gummybear23

Rank 1
PostedJan 14, 2013 12:27 am
There was reflect before O_o It didn't work tho :<

aharvey23

Rank 0
aharvey23
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina United States
PostedJan 14, 2013 2:18 pm
Well first, I am glad to see this getting feedback ^^.
faarietail wrote:

Hmmm I don't agree with you that players won't use them. The popular strategy i see most used is Ice Ice Fly Dig being done in 2v2 LF. Also players will use Ice in Ares Duel which makes for longer battles and less points. The Sunburn pearl I would see as being used similarily to the Stable pearl. Defense pearls are used to counteract startegy's that players will use, so why not one that counteracts ice?

jliuk146 wrote:
Scenario 1: I have 500 hp I pow someone (usually does 4-6K) Would I die if they reflect?!?! Make it so reflect pearl can't kill your opponent then I have no objections.

Scenario 2: How would reflect work in boats? If bartos breaths fire and you reflect he does 50k damage in heroic. If Bartos has 1% would you fail or pass the boat?!?!

If these flaws were worked out I have no objection to the Reflect pearl and but i still would hate it.  

Hmmmwell let me see if I can work this out:
Scenario 1: Player1(500HP) deals 2k dmg to Player2(1300HP) and Reflect Pearl Lv3 activates
Player2 takes 1500 damage resulting in KO. Player1 takes 500 damage.
Since the Damage was started by Player1, KO does not occur because you cannot
KO yourself or your own teammates.
Scenario 2: Hmmmmm well I've had a similar situation happen before. Doing the Mas-App Try2, I would fly into the bombs to have them explode. Not paying attention to my health or that of my apprentice, the last of the bombs exploded on us and killed us along with themselves. We passed the stage anyways since all bombs were destroyed. So to answer Scenario2, I would say you would pass if Reflect activated at 1% Bartos health, Your team died, and Bartos died. There are no Ties in DDTank so the Boatyard favors the player in a "everything is dead" situation.

NecromancerV wrote:
Any suggestions on game changes or additions should go on the suggestion thread here.  

I have put this into the appropriate thread, I just wanted to see if there would be any interest from the DDTank community ^-^.

jliuk146

Rank 0
jliuk146
PostedJan 14, 2013 8:19 pm
aharvey23 wrote:
faarietail wrote:

Hmmm I don't agree with you that players won't use them. The popular strategy i see most used is Ice Ice Fly Dig being done in 2v2 LF. Also players will use Ice in Ares Duel which makes for longer battles and less points. The Sunburn pearl I would see as being used similarily to the Stable pearl. Defense pearls are used to counteract startegy's that players will use, so why not one that counteracts ice?

jliuk146 wrote:

Hmmmwell let me see if I can work this out:
Scenario 1: Player1(500HP) deals 2k dmg to Player2(1300HP) and Reflect Pearl Lv3 activates
Player2 takes 1500 damage resulting in KO. Player1 takes 500 damage.
Since the Damage was started by Player1, KO does not occur because you cannot
KO yourself or your own teammates.
Scenario 2: Hmmmmm well I've had a similar situation happen before. Doing the Mas-App Try2, I would fly into the bombs to have them explode. Not paying attention to my health or that of my apprentice, the last of the bombs exploded on us and killed us along with themselves. We passed the stage anyways since all bombs were destroyed. So to answer Scenario2, I would say you would pass if Reflect activated at 1% Bartos health, Your team died, and Bartos died. There are no Ties in DDTank so the Boatyard favors the player in a "everything is dead" situation.

NecromancerV wrote:

I have put this into the appropriate thread, I just wanted to see if there would be any interest from the DDTank community ^-^.  

Exactly it wouldnt be fair if i killed someone and reflect killed me to. I would lose glories and who would win? And your solution is illiterate and doesn't make sense to me.

faarietail

Rank 0
PostedJan 15, 2013 1:04 am
aharvey23 wrote:
faarietail wrote:

What I'm trying to say is that whereas pit can work with any attack, like pow, digging, nuke, etc, ur pearl only works specifically for ice and only has like a 5% chance of activating. What are the chances that you will meet an ice user and the pearl activates? Its not only for your server, but you have to think of the other servers too. If you say that the most popular strategy is ice ice fly dig, then i say that the opponent does not know how to counterattack it. I mean, you have a partner for a reason. Teamwork. Ice rarely works well one on one, unless the person is like really good with delay. And if they do manage to dig you... thats what the stable pearl is for.