mrvayl

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2013 1:53 pm   Last edited by mrvayl on Jan 16, 2013 3:11 am. Edited 7 times in total

Paladin Build Guide

My Guide for the Paladin Class (HIGH DEF)
Hello there! My IGN is Vayl and I main the Paladin class while playing the Lycan.

For a fair warning my guide is not meant for many or those that want to be mainly a high attacking paladin. My guide is exclusively for HIGH DEF to be a tank to withstand tons of hits and skills while being targeted. I thought of doing this guide for mainly Siege Wars and that of PvP and PvE scenarios.

So anyways what is a paladin?
Paladins are holy warriors, guardians of the light who support the team with the strength of the faith. Paladins are united by a strong belief in the Goddess Dione and possess the power to bolster their allies. Those who choose the way of the Paladin ride into battle with the power of the gods inside them.

Ordained by the Goddess Dione and possessed with righteous fortitude, they're equally comfortable assaulting the enemy front line with the vanguard or supporting their allies from the rear.

(Which I think they're pretty B.A!)

Why HIGH DEF over HIGH ATK?
DEF for me IS A BIG MUST to me! Not only do I have higher defense to mock players attacks/skills, but its also a good way of staying in the battlefield a little longer then others who have normal defense (esp. in Siege Wars with so many things going on and people attacking everywhere). Having high defense though also does have a con to it, many players will target you or try to knock you out first which is isn't so bad if you have someone backing you up or healing you or resurrecting you to come back to the battlefield. If not you may have to depend surely on potions you have or have tons of HP regen.

THE SKILLS OF PALADIN
Now I'm aware this maybe out of date, but for now this will be the main resource for me to use till I get a better version of a skill tree for the guide of mine.

NOTE : Depending on what you choose to have strikes or smashes its all up to you. I will be using smashes.
NOTE2 : [A] = Active [P] = Passive
NOTE3 : Be aware I am only listing what skills do and what I think you may want to allocate your skills in. I have not made an official or final skill tree for this guide as of yet.
NOTE4 : The last skills Heaven's Wrath and Avatar is surely up to your own choice of what you want since you can only choose one!

ATTACK TREE
Divine Strike [A] - KEEP AT REQUIRED LEVEL TO GET HOLY SMASH.
Holy Smash [A] - MAX THIS SKILL OUT FOR HIGHER DAMAGE INPUT. ALSO GIVES STUN!
Hammerblow [A] - MAX THIS SKILL OUT FOR HIGHER DAMAGE INPUT. ALSO GIVES STUN!
Bind [A] - Get to LVL 2 for Holy Smash TO BE USED AGAIN.
Spirit Training [P] - MAX THIS SKILL OUT FOR HIGHER MANA POOL.
Holy Cloak [P] - MAX THIS SKILL OUT FOR HIGHER RESISTANCE TO STUNS.
Armor of Thorns [A] - Keep at LVL 1 reason why is because I'm not entirely sure if it gives a better percentage or not. If it does max it out for a higher chance of bleed effect.
Resurrection [A] - MAX THIS SKILL (I say max this for the use of reviving your main healer who will be needed just in case he/she dies)
Resist Magic [P] - MAX THIS SKILL OUT FOR HIGHER RESISTANCE TO MAGIC ATTACKS.
Last Stand [P] - MAX THIS OUT FOR HIGHER DEF WHEN HP DROPS 20%
Heaven's Wrath [A] - Get to lvl 2 or max it out FOR DECENT/HIGHER DAMAGE RANGE FOR ALL ENEMIES.

SUPPORT TREE
Shield Bash [A] - IGNORE IF NOT USING SHIELD IF NOT MAX THIS SKILL OUT.
Strength of Gods [A] - IGNORE IF DEPENDING ON HEALER IF NOT GET TO LVL 2.
Provoke [A] - GET TO REQUIRED LEVEL FOR OPEN-ENDED INSULTS SKILL.
Open-Ended Insults [A] - MAX FOR PvE enemies for level grinding.
Defense Mastery [P] - MAX FOR HIGHER DEF and to get Divine Protection.
Divine Protection [A] - MAX FOR INVULNERABILITY TO 2 ENEMY ATTACKS.
Spirit Cleansing [A] - Get to lvl 2 to remove 2 debuffs.
Divine Armor [A] - Get to lvl 2 or max it out for yourself or for your healer or anyone you think may need it. All depends on your scenario or thinking. Also gives you Blessed Weapon.
Blessed Weapon [A] - MAX OUT FOR A BETTER ATTACK DAMAGE!
Divine Sigil [A] - MAX IT OUT TO DECREASE DEF BY -250
Avatar [A] - Get to LVL 2 or MAX it out depends on your scenario or thinking of what you want or how good you think the skill will be for your playing style.

FOR STATS :

NOTE1 : Every time you level up you will gain 1 stat point to increase (unless they change that)

DISTRIBUTE STATS TO CONSTITUTION, DEXTERITY, & ATTACK.
NEGLECT INTELLIGENCE AND WISDOM.

I recommend if you're going to be a HIGH DEF Paladin to use CONSTITUTION for higher increase in health and for HP regen. DEXTERITY for higher evasion and accuracy. ATTACK should be considered to keep the balance attack range while still focusing on high defense. WISDOM do not worry about allocating points into it if you don't find it useful to your playing style. For INTELLIGENCE neglect this since you will not be focusing on healing all that much unless you want your paladin to be half/half with healing while fighting.

FOR EQUIPMENT/RUNES and other gears for DEF PALLY :
FOR ALL THE GEARS YOU HAVE TILL YOU REACH LVL CAP OR CLOSE TO IT! IN MY OPINION YOU SHOULD HAVE A DECENT SET OF EQUIPMENT YOU CAN UPGRADE TO +9 UNLESS YOU HAVE ENCHANTMENT SCROLLS TO UPGRADE EVEN FURTHER TO +15 WHICH WILL MAKE IT LEGENDARY!

FOR RUNES YOU WILL WANT TO GET SOMETHING BETTER THEN COMMON RUNES THAT WILL INCREASE YOUR STATS. IN THIS CASE YOU WILL WANT RUNES FOR PALADIN TO BE EITHER ATTACKING, BLOCKING, [...]

LINKS USED FOR GUIDE : ALL CREDIT GOES TO ORIGINAL SITE CITED/POSTERS.

CREDITS :
Bryan.Fury for fixing on some minor errors with Stats meaning.

Thank you for reading and I would love the feedback and comments on hopefully helping me make this guide better usage for not only myself, but for others who want to take this route for a HIGH DEF paladin! If you're going to be using my guide please give me credit or link me to your skill build guide if you decide to make one! Thank you and hope to see you all online and enjoy playing! :)
Advertisement

ThePinguTBT

Rank 0
ThePinguTBT
PostedJan 12, 2013 2:10 pm   Last edited by ThePinguTBT on Jan 12, 2013 2:14 pm. Edited 2 times in total
I think it's good that you explain the skills/stats and what they are used for, but I can't see what of it is a DEF Build Guide (or maybe i just don't understand what you want to tell us?)

Edit: I mean the same thing as MPure: somehow it's not possible to skill this?

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedJan 12, 2013 2:11 pm
You'll probly have to re think your skill build as it won't be possible to go to the bottom of both trees.

King.Pin.

Rank 0
King.Pin.
PostedJan 12, 2013 2:14 pm
MPure wrote:
You'll probly have to re think your skill build as it won't be possible to go to the bottom of both trees.  

^

mrvayl

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2013 3:06 pm
Oh I'm aware of this. I'm just posting what some may want and such for either skill tree.

Like I said I'm not entirely sure of what is going to happen and since OBT hasn't started, yet I'm not entirely sure what to think of as of yet. I'm just jotting this down as a idea for those that play as a DEF paladin.

Also I don't want to think this as a pure build for DEF yet since I'm not entirely sure yet of what the game will be and what they changed, etc. etc. so I'm not entirely sure of this guide except for a starting point or an idea for a player to look at.

I also forgot that they give you only 1 point for attributing stats so I'm not entirely sure how that will work out.

I also haven't gave any idea for a build for gears and enchants and runes reason why its not entirely possible to look at this guide for DEF looking guide for a paladin yet.

mrvayl

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2013 3:13 pm
I will also update and change things around once the game opens up and I get some basic ideas and what to put in and ask around other paladin players what they can probably contribute to a good ideal build.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedJan 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: Paladin DEF Build Guide

My Guide for a HIGH DEF Paladin Guide
mrvayl wrote:
DEXTERITY for higher defense then what your skills will give you.  
DEX does NOT increase defence, DEX increase "Physical Evasion" and "Physical Accuracy".

There is NOT any base stats to increase defence.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

mrvayl

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2013 7:22 pm
Ah I appreciate for the error then on my part Bryan! =D THANKS!

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedJan 12, 2013 7:31 pm
mrvayl wrote:
Ah I appreciate for the error then on my part Bryan! =D THANKS!  
Np, also

mrvayl wrote:
WISDOM I'm not entirely sure about if that gives you magical defense, but if so allocate some points into it.  
WIS does NOt increase Magic Defence, WIS does increase MP and MP Regen.

Physical Defence and Magic Defence can be increased only by equip/runes/enchants.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

mrvayl

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2013 7:37 pm
Yet again thanks, man! XD