prince1999

Rank 1
prince1999
PostedJan 11, 2013 10:04 pm   Last edited by prince1999 on Jan 12, 2013 4:30 am. Edited 1 time in total
[LINK] added to OP, Sent Via PM, and linked on his currently active barter page to be sure he saw it.

Message delivered as follows:

Please refer to the following post, and make your decision. (as shown [*link removed]here.)

Edit* removed user's personal thread link for his privacy
Advertisement

prince1999

Rank 1
prince1999
PostedJan 11, 2013 10:04 pm   Last edited by prince1999 on Jan 13, 2013 12:30 am. Edited 2 times in total

THE TRUTH
TRUTH, honor, nice, genuine, selfless, gratious, RESPECT, patient, tolerant, sympathy, courteous, remorseful, being kind, helpful, apologetic when appropriate, unobtrusive, being humble, compassion, forgiveness, willing to sacrifice yourself for what's right, helping to rid the world of bad stuff, bringing joy to as many random people as possible because it's fun
....... the list goes on & on ........

These are things which I hold dear.

These are also very powerful tools in life.

In the linked post I very simply posted the truth. I allowed myself only ONE personal dig at him. (I feel I earned that much.) But you'll notice the entire rest of the post was simply detailing the timeline of events. THE TRUTH.

If you conduct yourself in an honorable manner, there is never a reason to hide, worry, or lie. No, maintaining self control is NOT easy at times. It can feel like a difficult and unrewarded path. But the overall inner peace you feel about yourself is the reward. It's there for you whenever you need to address a bad situation in life.

Getting ahead or being "successful" by cheating, lying, being sneaky, taking without permission, abusing, disregarding, double-talking, being mean, backtracking, manipulating, backstabbing, etc. is BY FAR more difficult and with MUCH higher risks. I'm not gonna run off and site examples, but I imagine most of the world's most famous and successful human beings (and businesses) were known to be honorable. The one's that weren't? Well, they're pretty much known to be horrible people, aren't they? Wink Gosh, where do I sign up? NOT.

As for this particular individual:
All I had to do was speak the truth. I don't need to call him names (except the one lol Razz ) and I don't need to engage in bickering back and forth. All I have to do is speak the truth and that will be plenty hurtful to him enough on it's own. (That's why, when you have to tell a friend the truth, it's best to make it as easy to hear as possible. It can hurt deeply.) Truth does most of the hard work for me in a "battle." He doesn't HAVE that weapon. People who aren't honest cannot use truth as a weapon effectively.

Being an honest and good person has nothing to do with being a "Goody-Goody." It's simply a more effective way of life. It's how we should be. (Most humans feel that deep down inside - it's why it was given a name = "Conscience.") Things WORK BETTER when you follow the path of least resistance, the way we were designed to function.

If standing up and speaking out about this one (silly little) situation on a game forum can help EVEN ONE person out there finally "get it" and a little drawing of a lightbulb appears above their head about that, then it was worth it.

It should be noted this entire thread can be applied to just about any situation in life, not just scamming signature artists. That's the whole point.

This message is for ANYONE who receives it.

TL;DR
Read it anyway. All of it. Please. ♥ (this post)

Edit Notes*
Edited one time to add the TL;DR, edited again to make this note lol >.< (I promise lmao)

Xtcmax

Rank 0
Xtcmax
PostedJan 11, 2013 10:17 pm
Well, these sort of things happen whether we like it or not. I suggest next time you enter a contest you put a watermark on your work and don't get your hopes up.

Good luck.

p.s. The signature was quiet good.

prince1999

Rank 1
prince1999
PostedJan 11, 2013 10:24 pm
lol thanks very much, Xtcmax ^^

This isn't about the signature or even the prize. It's about the behavior.

I, personally, don't worry about being paid for siggy's anymore since I'm retired.

But it's wonderful advice for other people. Watermarks = great security.

prince1999

Rank 1
prince1999
PostedJan 12, 2013 3:21 am
Update*

The User in question has decided to go the honorable route and wrote the following:

The main reason for closing my sig event was that i changed zone, thus making all entries useless. I agree that the people who put in hard work to this contest should get something as payment. Therefore i am offering you 2 OPs and the other person 1 OP for their troubles. Take it or leave it. the option is there  

When I refused all but one OP, he insisted I take both and gave a heartfelt apology.

He even agreed the original warning post could stay in place on his contest thread. That earns him some respect in my books. Smile

This one turned out to be a happy ending. They don't always.

This thread is about honor and doing the right things in life.
I may even replace the OP with this post instead.