trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedJan 10, 2013 6:32 pm

When two similar companies are compared, the company with the better service (all other items being equal) does better  
When I read this, I thought perhaps the two companies could do some game theory and rig one service to be worse than the other's service to maximize total profit by the duopoly and later split it up between the two, letting both companies reap increased profits.

Then I remembered this was America.
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedJan 10, 2013 7:16 pm
[quote="trainer772"]

Then I remembered this was America.  

Panderp.

Rank 4
Panderp.
PostedJan 10, 2013 10:02 pm
billdoor wrote:
Can't fault you there, TNK.

My perspective is about the game I happen to play at Aeria, a game where Aeria has virtual monopoly for my part of the world (I am aware of the European versions of Shaiya, but they are still hosted by Aeria subdivisions), so I have no real choice between distributors in order to see whether I'd be treated better or worse. Thing is though, when Aeria is in a monopoly situation, they should take greater pains to meet the expectations of their players. As was pointed out in the previous thread, a paying player in a monopoly situation isn't necessarily a happy player.  
It all depends on how specifically you want to look at the company
Does Microsoft have a monoploy on operating systems? no. Does it have a monopoly on Windows? yes. Does Nvidia have a monopoly on graphics cards? no. Does it have a monopoly on physx? sure.

Aeria doesn't have a monopoly legally, but it is the only place you can play shaiya. Solution? don't play shaiya lol

This is why I don't play DWO

billdoor

Rank 5
billdoor
PostedJan 11, 2013 8:37 am
Panderp. wrote:
Aeria doesn't have a monopoly legally, but it is the only place you can play shaiya. Solution? don't play shaiya lol  

Well, that's the rub. If you want to play the game, but can't stand the host due to substandard service, you have to select between one of two evils (stop playing or put up with the host), instead of getting the best of both worlds: a game you want to play AND a host that pays proper attention to its customers in order to meet their expectations.

Panderp.

Rank 4
Panderp.
PostedJan 11, 2013 2:38 pm
billdoor wrote:
Panderp. wrote:

Well, that's the rub. If you want to play the game, but can't stand the host due to substandard service, you have to select between one of two evils (stop playing or put up with the host), instead of getting the best of both worlds: a game you want to play AND a host that pays proper attention to its customers in order to meet their expectations.  
At least with windows, if I don't like windows 8, I can just stick with 7.

This is why I don't play DWO

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedJan 11, 2013 6:57 pm
Panderp. wrote:
billdoor wrote:
Panderp. wrote:

At least with windows, if I don't like windows 8, I can just stick with 7.  
Shaiya is the same. If you don't like end game pvp you can stick to pvp in 15 zone or 30 zone. Razz

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

twigz12

Rank 3
twigz12
PostedJan 12, 2013 6:16 pm
for some reason shaiya players are under the impression that shaiya is the only possible mmorpg on the market that they can play. Im sure thats the only reason some people persist.

Lemme give you a hint, if you spend more time complaining about a game than you do enjoying it then its probably time to move on.

AGE has no monopoly. LOL. there are 100s of mmorpgs out on the market place that AGE has to compete with. If you are under the impression that your only option is to stay with shaiya and AGE then you have truely fallen WAYYYY off the path of reality.

I had/have lots of respect for your SE, but the more that time goes on and you still are trying to ... idk what, improve? shaiya, its been YEARS. sometimes its just better to cut your losses.

You might not realise it (and other regular forum goers might not realise it) but there are plenty of people going along happily playing shaiya. They dont come to the forums and so they dont realise the amount of crap that goes on, they are just happy playing the game.

Anyway, that'll do for my rant, idk if i really got my point accross, probably not. I think this is the first time ive really disagreed with anything you have ever said too lol! but enough is enough Smile

you are not worthy to see this signature

billdoor

Rank 5
billdoor
PostedJan 12, 2013 7:08 pm
I totally see your point, Twig. Smile

If it wasn't for the fact that I have a guild I love to bits tying me down here on Shaiya EN, I'd be long gone. As it is now, our guild is waiting eagerly for a certain MMORPG to go Beta, and we'll be gone like morning dew before the sun, and our money with it. Until then, we're stuck here, and Aeria stuck with me. I've never been one to shut up about things I believe are wrong, so I am afraid I will keep up posting like I do until sovereignty packs up and leaves for above hinted to game. Wink

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedJan 13, 2013 10:11 am
billdoor wrote:
I totally see your point, Twig. Smile

If it wasn't for the fact that I have a guild I love to bits tying me down here on Shaiya EN, I'd be long gone. As it is now, our guild is waiting eagerly for a certain MMORPG to go Beta, and we'll be gone like morning dew before the sun, and our money with it. Until then, we're stuck here, and Aeria stuck with me. I've never been one to shut up about things I believe are wrong, so I am afraid I will keep up posting like I do until sovereignty packs up and leaves for above hinted to game. Wink  

I might not always agree with what you say... but I appreciate that you take the time to say it.

I would prefer that you enjoy whatever game you play. If Aeria can not provide that, it is our loss.

billdoor

Rank 5
billdoor
PostedJan 13, 2013 4:55 pm
That is a stance I can appreciate, Supe.