humaniixviiiix

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2013 6:44 am

Battlefield Domination , a quest broke teamwork.

After long time play pvp , now i understand why there are no teamwork.
It mainly because of quests "Battlefield Domination"

I wonder why we have quest like this here.
I start understand why people care about kill but not about win.

And it took too long for me to reality it.

Quests like this only make people more selfish.
What about classes that don't have much damage like ceric ?
You ask a ceric to kill 1000 player? it like a joke .

It broke battlefields so far but no one noticed it.

Why ask people to get kill for themself when battles for teamwork and arm to win together ?
Those quest must about win battles or share killes , not a selfish kill.

Of couse there are other reason for selfish act . But in my view , those quest are main culprit that make battles lost it teamwork.

I hope in future , it will change soon. Must like to turn self kill count to will battle or having share kill .

About me , I prefer for win battles count more than kill count for those quest.
Advertisement

xTsuki

Rank 2
xTsuki
PostedJan 09, 2013 7:19 am
I actually think this quest is rather a motivation to PvP as the last reward is the soulbreaker steed.

I am glad it's 1000 normal kills not arena wins. Imagine 1000 arenas just to get the quest done. O.o Whereas you could get 3-5 kills and even more in a single arena.
Clerics may have it harder, I agree. But, even they can kill if they wish to. It's just a lot slower to get these kills.

And just imagine the frustration if you join 10 arenas and you only won once. Then you have 1 of 1000 wins only out of 10 arenas.
THIS would discourage people heavily.

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedJan 09, 2013 8:15 am
The quest is about 'Battlefield Domination' which kinda has a kill-ly feel to it. Anyways clerics are kinda crazy once they got your team in a fear lock. You should see Elixer in 50 arena! (Ponchee). As much as I'd like to see there be some sort of non-gear reliant team arena win quest-thing, the whole battlefield dominatiOn really gets my bloodlust going (& therefore impulsive spending on gears). The mounts names are quite fitting; 1000 kills and you get (&become) a Nightmare. 4000 & you get (& also become) a Soulbreaker because by now you would've broken quite a few people's spirits. I know I have...

Now what I would like to see is rewards for players who do not rage quit. Somesort of extra achievement or reward for all the players that stay till the end of an arena match. Has to be lucrative and give better rewards to higher levels (since that's the bracket that truly deserves the most activity). I have mentioned this because I feel it's on the same wavelength as what you're trying to accomplish.

humaniixviiiix

Rank 0
PostedJan 09, 2013 8:45 am
I don't think it as motivation cause if you pvp veteran those reward are not much value . and if your are top OP , you get list on killer Rank . We ready have Rose emblems for reward.

It only fish those newbe to battlefield and after 10 battle , they are out , you don't have good prey for this quest. And if you are low gear damage dealer class , after got ks too much by veteran player , you are out too.
It not bring motivation but more like despair
The line you alway got are "**** you ks my prey" in those battles lol.

IDK if you think 1000 normal kill for normal player are easy to get. It true that you can get it in 1 week with some good gear and time to play. But it not that easy , you not do battle alone. (but don't tell me you could get 100 to 300 kill per day , if you could get that much then you could get 1000 win battle in no time lol)

And what with 1 out of 10 ? Even in 10 battle , if you weak , you got no kill , so do it discourage people ?

I don't care much about kill , because idk about this quest.
I start understand why people alway about ks this and that, just after i finish 100 kill.
It don't give motivation but selfness.

And if you think about it , you don't fight alone to get 1000 wins.
And i think 100 wins are enough for Battlefield Domination-3 . Maybe 1000 for 4th quest lol.
If you talk about easy to get mount , then just with 2000 to 3000 gold , you can get better mount than a mount in pvp quest , those pvp mounts just for collection *sign*.

Now what I would like to see is rewards for players who do not rage quit. Somesort of extra achievement or reward for all the players that stay till the end of an arena match. Has to be lucrative and give better rewards to higher levels (since that's the bracket that truly deserves the most activity). I have mentioned this because I feel it's on the same wavelength as what you're trying to accomplish.  

Yeah , it bloodlust quest that drive people crazy about kills , but it not fix for 3 main pvp when you are in team.
I think those quest more fix for battle royale battlefield with 10 people fight to dead and last stand lol , but we don't have this kind of battle here , maze and HoJ limit of time.

Said about RQ , do you get some RQ just because you ks them too much ? I think i saw it too often when other like "he ks all my prey so i don't join this battle anymore" and afk.

Lol , i start think about a quest that give reward after you lost 1000 battle (or after join 1000 battle no matter win or lost), maybe it will give motivation for those lost in battle and force them to stay in battle still end *ha ha ha*

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedJan 09, 2013 10:02 am
Honestly the main reason I do arena is to eventually get my PvP sets; the mounts, etc are just a plus. idk but the night mare looks way prettier than some Jale mecha... eww (no offense to mecha lvrs)

If I had it my way, the points system would give a much closer point reward to both the winners and the losers. Twinks are there just to be twinks and for the most part points do not matter (they're usually capped anyway).

Having a better points system would help increase arena activity more, but ultimately this won't happen as it doesn't fit into Aeria's business model or w/e they're trying to do with this game.

Afraid I've been fortunate enough to never get yelled at for ks'ing maybe because I've never really cared for when people did it to me first^^ (I'm sensing that's a 40 arena issue xD).

Are you confusing ks'ing with just having so much damage that you get the most kills?
As for CRE's I've never really had much interest in them until costume alchemy.. not really relevant to me since I can't get enough frequecy/kills to get a decent ranking. Any long time player will tell you how messed up that system is anyway. xD MVP's has become the Slayers '2nd' branch simply cause of the weighting kills has in arena nowadays. :S

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedJan 09, 2013 10:10 am
I honestly believe that people are just greedy to get that"I KILLED YOU" feeling. Not the quest, for I know people who have completed both sets, and they're even more kill hungry.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

xTsuki

Rank 2
xTsuki
PostedJan 09, 2013 10:54 am
I never said this quest was the firsthand motivation to make people PvP in the first place.
This is just a small bonus. About everyone has a dragon, wolves, etc.

The steeds you can get from the quest are something not everyone has (even though they are available to everyone). Many don't even use it cause it's 'only' 85% when upgraded and not 100% as the fire general's war horse mount.
But the point of the horse is that it's rarer and shows everyone you have done a lot of work to get it.

My point is, if only won battles count, then you are doomed. Let's say you don't have time for more than 10 battles per day. If you get stuck 5x with a sucky team you will lose 5x and you cannot do anything against that. Then you only got 5 wins for the quest.
Whereas, if actually kills can count then you can have more than 5 per arena.
You say if someone is weak they don't get kills. Guess what? YOU can improve. You can work your way to get kills. If you are stuck in a sucky team, then you cannot do anything, thus cannot get your quest completed.

The quest is more of a record of how many people you have killed. Which is the sense of PvP in the first place. In every game, you go to PvP in order to kill people.
I know it's hard as a cleric for example, but hey I managed to get rather many kills even though I am mainly focussing on support. It's not impossible.
You don't have to be "OP" as you put it, just to get a few kills. Unless you were spending your time in 40 arena that you might need better gear than the average arena. ;P

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJan 09, 2013 12:28 pm
The Soulbreaker is more a status symbol than actively useful. A way of saying "I did all this awesome stuff in PvP".

As to the topic at hand, I can see where you're coming from, with the kill quests promoting KSing and degrading teamwork, and I can see how rewarding a win could be more effective than rewarding a kill.

<center></center>

Zealot1312

Rank 1
Zealot1312
PostedJan 09, 2013 12:51 pm
Rewards or quests for other than just kills would be nice but that's never gonna happen, we have been waiting for new pvp based rewards for how long now? It's ok, can always just fall back on doing dungeons LOL.

silentplayer1

Rank 2
silentplayer1
PostedJan 09, 2013 12:56 pm
The Soulbreaker steed is not obtained from the Battlefield Domination quests. I think everyone is talking about "Supreme Nightmare" which is gained after you finish the 4k kill quest. The Soulbreaker steed is the +85% movement speed whereas the supreme nightmare is the 80% one. Soulbreaker is obtained through alchemy using the supreme nightmare and the scroll from the PVP awards.

Makes me feel special, nothing useful.