evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedJan 10, 2013 4:18 am   Last edited by evilishan on Jan 11, 2013 4:03 am. Edited 2 times in total
Mysteltainn wrote:
whoeverxwins wrote:
stuff that goes here  
response here  

Anyways I wholeheartedly agree with Mystellian.

If you're purely just after getting your sprite to the last evolution, give it firearm/bow crafting and craft away at them 24/7.

Not only is it as cheap as training, they also come back fast and have access to the sudden bursts of skill gain from training/crafting. The ability will level much faster.

"Master I made a pretty bullet by the guidance of the Cowboy bullet master" +100 exp!
(Only to the ability of the sprite, not the sprite's experience).

Now if you're looking to be productive, I would recommend just keeping your sprite at your level and keeping it's skills somewhat close to your level. Essentially I have two sprites collecting & crafting at all times, whilst another is outside with me. Every now and then I switch them around.

Once I do have my city fame and all the weapons I will ever need to craft myself, I will most likely do what Mystel does and roll full armor crafting on my main. Till then I feel it is far more convenient to have the ability to get mats on my main, for those extra city scrolls when I'm not map grinding..
Advertisement

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedJan 10, 2013 12:41 pm
I guess that's all well and good, but I like to be able to craft my class' items, not everyone elses. Otherwise I spend my money that I might make on buying stuff (and also hoping to find what I need instead of having a sprite that can make it). Even say just a necro, that probably needs the least things other than a wizard. You need a staff sprite, a relic sprite, and a m-equip sprite. If you're lucky you might find the relic sprite combined with something else, then you'll have a sprite slot free for extra stuff. But other classes you need even more.

My cleric has a staff sprite, a shield sprite, and a hammer sprite. Using legacy atm, so that means I don't have to deal with p-equip, and my dmn has the relic sprite to handle the relics.

Sage needs nearly as much, needs hammer sprite, staff sprite, relic sprite, and if no legacy, need armor sprite too.

Just saying...

EDIT: And that's relying on others' salvaging... buying salvage mats in AH.

Mysteltainn

Rank 1
Mysteltainn
PostedJan 10, 2013 12:53 pm
whoeverxwins wrote:
I guess that's all well and good, but I like to be able to craft my class' items, not everyone elses. Otherwise I spend my money that I might make on buying stuff (and also hoping to find what I need instead of having a sprite that can make it). Even say just a necro, that probably needs the least things other than a wizard. You need a staff sprite, a relic sprite, and a m-equip sprite. If you're lucky you might find the relic sprite combined with something else, then you'll have a sprite slot free for extra stuff. But other classes you need even more.

My cleric has a staff sprite, a shield sprite, and a hammer sprite. Using legacy atm, so that means I don't have to deal with p-equip, and my dmn has the relic sprite to handle the relics.

Sage needs nearly as much, needs hammer sprite, staff sprite, relic sprite, and if no legacy, need armor sprite too.

Just saying...  

For efficiency purposes, it's easier to swap your secondary sprites out when you need to craft another item. Sprite Messenger reputation is useless, so go nuts on releasing and binding sprites as needed. Saves you countless hours of leveling a crafting skill that you can obtain instantly.

IGN: Emperium

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedJan 10, 2013 12:55 pm
Just a note: When your sprite comes back with an extra exp event, that exp goes towards the skill, not towards its experience bar, so your sprite is no closer to its next evolution.
I still vote gathering, because catching up in faction fame is a pain and expensive at higher lvls.

~GF~ 78 Temp |Ponchee| -- ~AK~ 5x Duel & 4x Guard |Siren| [Aurora]

kev8391

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2013 8:37 pm
Oh, okay thanks everybody for the help and sorry for the late reply. ^^"
I just have a few more questions I want to clarify on, sorry. x.x
1. So training and crafting bow/firearm is the fastest way to evolve your sprite.
2. Like evilshan said, when my sprite comes back with an event, such as, "Master I made a pretty bullet by the guidance of the Cowboy bullet master" +100 exp, does the exp go to your sprite's experience bar (the bar you need to fill up to evolve your sprite) or to the firearm and bow bar?
3. By buying the gun/bow book in the IM, it is permanent and tradeable right? x.x
4. When you get rid of a skill on your guardian sprite, that particular skill bow you buy (eg. warrior apparel) will start a level 4 right?
5. And anybody know how much Sprite Skill Loss Capsule and Firearm/Bow book is worth in Quill?
Sorry for the blast of questions. x.x

evilishan

Rank 3
evilishan
PostedJan 10, 2013 9:11 pm   Last edited by evilishan on Jan 11, 2013 3:57 am. Edited 3 times in total
kev8391 wrote:
Oh, okay thanks everybody for the help and sorry for the late reply. ^^"
I just have a few more questions I want to clarify on, sorry. x.x
1. So training and crafting bow/firearm is the fastest way to evolve your sprite.
2. Like evilshan said, when my sprite comes back with an event, such as, "Master I made a pretty bullet by the guidance of the Cowboy bullet master" +100 exp, does the exp go to your sprite's experience bar (the bar you need to fill up to evolve your sprite) or to the firearm and bow bar?
3. By buying the gun/bow book in the IM, it is permanent and tradeable right? x.x
4. When you get rid of a skill on your guardian sprite, that particular skill bow you buy (eg. warrior apparel) will start a level 4 right?
5. And anybody know how much Sprite Skill Loss Capsule and Firearm/Bow book is worth in Quill?
Sorry for the blast of questions. x.x

1. Yes just to 'evolve' your sprite and unless you're a gun/bow user. It won't benefit you any other way.

2. Testing complete: Brynhildra is correct. See Sprite Experience Test. Pictures are in chronological order. Edited my other reply so it does not come as misleading to future readers.

3. Yes to both of those questions.

Yes it will start at level 4. Hence better to start early!
[b]

Brynhildra

Rank 2
Brynhildra
PostedJan 10, 2013 10:48 pm
As I said right before, an experience event DOES NOT go towards your sprite's experience bar, only towards the skill.

~GF~ 78 Temp |Ponchee| -- ~AK~ 5x Duel & 4x Guard |Siren| [Aurora]

kev8391

Rank 0
PostedJan 11, 2013 1:12 am
Okay, thanks. Very Happy