zlzlzlz

Rank 0
PostedJan 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Sniper weapons - Help please.

Hi all

I'm looking to buy 2 sniper weapon for each category:

1) This one would by my primary sniper weapon used for stationary/long range. I'm looking for something that is a OHK, never tags. I read trainer guide, but it seems to be outdatted (i think). People are saying things been buffed/nerfed.
So i would like to know what gun i should buy to get a OHK, as of right now,

2) This one is more offensive, quickscoping type. I see that the best one for that is FRf2, but thats a long way to go for me. Any other guns for quickscoping?

Thanks.
Advertisement

SuperDeadlord

Rank 3
SuperDeadlord
PostedJan 08, 2013 5:46 pm
1. TPG1 with a damage barel is the best weapon for OHK
2. frf2 is the best offensive weapon Smile
3. If you are lucky and have a lot of ap I recommend Mosin Nagant from the cap shop;)

Madara Uchiha: Listen... In this world.. Wherever there is light there are also shadows.

sofunmate2

Rank 3
sofunmate2
PostedJan 08, 2013 5:48 pm
You can look at this post for tag rate %'s http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1755381#14397373

1 - TPG almost never tags unless you hit a arm/leg. I do love my TPG but sometimes you might want something faster like the ASW(if you quickswitch between shots.) It's like an FRF2 twin but less ammo and you can use a Quickscope II which FRF2 doesn't have. Both Quickscope II and Sharpshooter scope are good for long range fights with ASW.

2 - ASW is fast :> gogogo FRF2 twin. Ofc you can still use the Basic scope or the Sharpshooter scope for it's 2 phase zoom.

You could get a TPG + ASW but ASW can do both roles. I think it'd be best to just buy an ASW.

zlzlzlz

Rank 0
PostedJan 08, 2013 6:02 pm
sofunmate2 wrote:
You can look at this post for tag rate %'s http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1755381#14397373

1 - TPG almost never tags unless you hit a arm/leg. I do love my TPG but sometimes you might want something faster like the ASW(if you quickswitch between shots.) It's like an FRF2 twin but less ammo and you can use a Quickscope II which FRF2 doesn't have. Both Quickscope II and Sharpshooter scope are good for long range fights with ASW.

2 - ASW is fast :> gogogo FRF2 twin. Ofc you can still use the Basic scope or the Sharpshooter scope for it's 2 phase zoom.

You could get a TPG + ASW but ASW can do both roles. I think it'd be best to just buy an ASW.  

From what you are saying ASW is a balanced of both, but i prefer to buy one quickscope and one longrange hok weapon.

I'm going to buy TPG for longrange
Still lost on a quickscope though.

What i know so far, for quickscoping offensive sniping is FRF2 > ASW, Any other rifle that can compete with those 2 for quickscoping?

sofunmate2

Rank 3
sofunmate2
PostedJan 08, 2013 6:17 pm
DSR would have the same problem as the FRF2, a high rank requirement. There's AWM and Blaser but some people complain about their tag rates.

I'd say ASW = FRF2

Here's a thread on scope speeds if you need and you can refer to my last post for tag rates to compare guns
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1842561

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedJan 08, 2013 6:25 pm
1. Things don't spontaneously get buffed or nerfed. Usually, people go around shooting legs with their snipers one day and whining that it got a nerf. For OHK, any of the following is fine:
DSR with LRBII (Bad accuracy)
TPG (Slow scope)
FRF2 (Good all around)
ASW (Great all around)
PGM (Not good all around but still good)

For CQC, your best bet is ASW or FRF2.

Overall I think ASW is the best for both OHK and CQC.

zlzlzlz

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2013 1:21 pm
Quick update:

Anyone mind telling me which is the best semi-auto sniper rifle to get?
I'm thinking of an offensive type, something that allows me to get kills close range.
I have picked up the VSS during sniper gallery, and i loved it. Something like the VSS would be ideal, if nothing is like it then ill just buy it.
I don't mind tags at all, i know it will happen because this is more of a quickscope close range offensive type of sniper.

From what i heard the top semi-auto guns are HK417, VSS, FRF2. Mind telling me which is the best to use something like an assault rifle, my guess would be the VSS though.

I don't know the pros and cons of getting any of the mentioned sniper rifles, help would be nice.

trainer772

Rank 5
trainer772
PostedJan 11, 2013 1:51 pm
VSS sucks. It's as weak as a rifle.
Dragunov sucks. Bad recoil.
IMI99SR sucks. Easily beaten by HK417.

You're down to HK417 and SR25 as the two best semis. SR25 is more geared towards slower ROF, higher recoil, but enough damage to OHK on the chest past 15 meters and OHK on the guts past 45 meters, provided that you use Reinforced barrel. It has a convenient 20-shot clip that lets you endlessly spam.
HK417 has less damage and you're almost guaranteed a 2-hit kill every time unless you hit their limb or something, which makes it 3 hit kill. However, it has little recoil and slightly faster ROF.

I personally prefer the SR25 if I want to have some fun in Annihilation because of its good damage and endlessly high magazine capacities.

===

In the long run, any bolt action can beat a semi.

XiaoJyun

Rank 5
XiaoJyun
PostedJan 11, 2013 5:47 pm
trainer you forgot walther, seems to havee lowest tag rate

Why do Zombies want your Brains? Because you do not use them anyway!

MyGun1

Rank 0
PostedFeb 06, 2013 1:13 pm
I'll try to add something from my side for bit more objective view on things.
Easiest is to say which semi's NOT to get:
Mad Galil (capsule) ( Overall SUCKS except for some few CO-OPs )
Galil This sucks even more
MSG5A1 This is also VERY bad
IMI99SR This thing seems to inherit some of the worst qualities from other semis... this is basically like a little dog, makes lotsa noize but doesn't have a bite to follow up. Weak DMG, SLOW ROF

Now the Actual semi's:
*SR-25 ( trainer described it well ) I would advise you trying it a few times before buying. For my taste... it's 2 much like a bolt-action. Slow shots, chance to one-hit that you'll be relying on.

*Walther-WA2000 ( this f**king thing is bloody expensive... 58 000 for gun + 10k for mods ) You get something like 6/12 ammo. I feel this thing has been made in Belgium, total rip-off on the price tag and what it offers. However it does have 1 of the highest 1 hit KO's .. it has close to no-moveshot tho... ROF sucks too and recoil reminds you of the saiga.

*HK-417 this is what I see as a semi... very low recoil, somewhat fast ROF... it will almost NEVER 1-shot... but it will ALMOST ALWAYS 2-shot. Very reliable in this sence. Has only 10 ammo in a clip though and rare times when it takes 3 shots might make you upset. Excellent moveshot btw!

* Borte chino (capsule) dunno anything about it, except that it doesn't 1 shot as often as SR-25, it supposedly has slow Rate of fire, and some recoil

* Zebra ( capsule ) - best capsule semi-sniper u can buy. Something like a cross-over of SR-25 and HK-417 ( 10 bullets, no recoil... EXCELLENT moveshot and ROF and it can actually sometimes 1-shot.. or if not leaves enemy lit ) Overall I would call this 1 of the best semis.

Summary:
Best Semi: Zebra SVD ( capsule though ),
non-capsule you gotta decide between: SR-25 and HK-417 ...
I like HK417, trainer and some other prefer SR-25.