LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedJan 09, 2013 11:16 pm   Last edited by LordKotaro1011 on Jan 10, 2013 11:23 am. Edited 1 time in total

Re: A open letter to Aeria

the time for change is now
Superman0X wrote:
Zimmey4 wrote:
Aeria, collectively the players of your published games pay you to represent their interests in the developers products directly to the developer. I along with countless others have grown weary of your ability to carry out the aforementioned task with any amount of due diligence. A new year has begun and we sincerely hope you change business practice.

Well put (and quotable). Thank you.  

Lol poor sod, you been looking for a quote for 2 weeks now. : P

But seriously. a few things:
1. Aeria rewards program?
2. Profile layouts other things are being left unfixed.
Advertisement

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedJan 09, 2013 11:54 pm
billdoor wrote:
Superman, it's quite simple.

Everything billdoor said, and now some more.

1. A game may be on the decline but no one else publishes it. We won't leave because we may have items invested in the game that keeps us playing(or used to gain AP), a guild or friends also.
= Service, can be bad or good, eitherway we are trapped with aeria so long as we want to play that game.

2. Bug fixes:
Sometimes bugs have been known to be left in the game for ages or never fixed, for some games like shaiya, it is minimal, but hacks and bugs have never the les caused many to leave, just like in Dynasty warriors Online.
It's key to address these issues with top of the line dedication to having them fixed without fail.

3. Upset community: A lot of the time we get upset with you because you either twist words, Sometimes don't even listen to the people on the forum (most of us who post like we have no life, play a vital role in the games, even the trollers have good toons). You lock topics without clearing up issues or answering the main OP's questions. Etc.

Lack of info and out of touch staff:
I've come across times when after sending tickets, the GM allocated to replying doesn't have a clue WtF i'm talking about. For example, I had to resend a ticket to the GM's before they looked into a scammer issue and they thought I was redeeming a placeholder (facepalm). Even after that I had to send it in a message to a PM to get it sorted.
I'm not gonna moan about ticket and their waiting times since that is not my point here and others can moan about that on the forum.

Deceit:
When there was a poll on shaiya for the combination system.
There was no info on what the PM meant by the term "status quo". The players assumed that meant "no combination or swift lapis as it's not wanted". Instead, you decided to leave out the fact that status quo actually meant "we'll not add the combination system, but sell the items for AP because we feel like it". Had we known that would've been the case, we would have voted differently.

Shaiya Tiers:
Not gonna go into the long AP and tiers debate. Too late at night/morning for that.
Just gonna add that the items that are exclusive to tiers only, prevent sales. I mean if you had Max OJ, new costumes and Swift lapis on the item mall (for normal, non stupid prices) , people would purchase them.
But, by you making them restricted to tiers, stops many from bothering. I mean I only do AP a little now and sometimes I do an EoM tier, but I'd be more than willing to buy more if the tier exclusive stuff wasn't just on tiers only. Which is why I avoid doing tiers now, because I can't afford to reach that 30k tier just for 1 item.
Too expensive to get the items you need to gear up in PvP. Pretty much thinking of only playing a lower zone or quitting because what is only on the tiers, pretty much forces most others to not be able to keep up.

-Retired.

b3def

Rank 4
PostedJan 10, 2013 1:46 am
Superman0X wrote:
Game_Rage wrote:
Avyn wrote:
If your interests as a customer are not being represented, perhaps you are not the customer.  

If that's the case then 52%(according to last poll) of AGE's "customers" need to stop shoving out their hard earned cash into this company's pockets.  

Why would you think that players that are unhappy with our service are giving us money... It is only reasonable to assume that those giving the money are those that are most likely to be happy.  

Happy with the game they play, the friends they play with/against, most likely. But happy with the customer service, that has continually been rated poorly?

Customer service obviously matters otherwise nobody would be playing the games, but many people feel that AGE aren't even trying to improve their customer service, even their staff service! I've read countless reviews and AGE is considered only a stepping stone or a place where you have little to no experience. If a GM isn't happy with their job, then they're probably going to perform worse than one who does enjoy their job.

For customer service, at least for Shaiya, the game is barely tested when new patches arrive, there is usually little to no patch notes. There has been no end-game GM events for a long time, ticket waiting times (for GM Services) are exceeding the 10-day mark. "Enchant can take up to 10 days" directly quoted from a ticket auto response. People have been waiting 11+ days for some of their services.

Can you openly deny AGE needs to steadily improve their services, to a point where many more people are actually satisfied beyond a minimum level to keep them playing?

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedJan 10, 2013 4:45 am   Last edited by iBambi on Jan 10, 2013 5:19 am. Edited 1 time in total
There's always going to be people willing to spend money even if they're not happy with the customer service. Personally I would have left AGE long ago if I wasn't for some of the people I met here. AGE should be thankful that the community.. well parts of the community usually ties down each other, because it's certainly not the amazing customer service that's keeping most of your players here.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedJan 10, 2013 5:15 am
Superman0X wrote:
Game_Rage wrote:
Avyn wrote:
If your interests as a customer are not being represented, perhaps you are not the customer.  

If that's the case then 52%(according to last poll) of AGE's "customers" need to stop shoving out their hard earned cash into this company's pockets.  

Why would you think that players that are unhappy with our service are giving us money... It is only reasonable to assume that those giving the money are those that are most likely to be happy.  

Go ask Billing for a printout of my AP expenditure over the last year. Then ask yourself how happy I have come across as in the same period of time. According to you, I should be bathing in rapturous bliss. I regret to inform you this is not the case.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedJan 10, 2013 8:59 am   Last edited by LilianMcK on Jan 10, 2013 9:07 am. Edited 1 time in total
Superman0X wrote:
Game_Rage wrote:
Avyn wrote:

Superman life is not that black and white. Read what Bambi has said quoted below. This is very true of many player/customers here. Also many keep hoping for better and dont give up on their games and keep hoping that things will improve. You have many loyal customers still paying their way, this does not mean they are all satisfied and happy.

iBambi wrote:
There's always going to be people willing to spend money even if they're not happy with the customer service. Personally I would have left AGE long ago if I wasn't for some of the people I met here. AGE should be thankful that the community.. well parts of the community usually ties down each other, because it's certainly not the amazing customer service that's keeping most of your players here.  

As for the op's original post, I agree. It is a new year, and let's hope for positive changes this year. I haven't given up hope yet (there is always hope) and all we as customers can continue to do is give feedback and hope that it is recognised in most part for what it is, loyal customers wanting to be satisfied and happy in the future. If sometimes it seems negative to the powers to be so be it. Embrace the negative feedback as customers actually caring about change. (Even if sometimes to you it seems unhelpful and is not always worded the way you would prefer - you need to try to see past that).

For example this forum in itself named rants and raves and many complaints moved here that do not deserve that title. That in itself is a negative approach from the company regarding complaints and negative feedback.

There should be a sub forum named Customer Complaints.

Puts on eternal optimist hat and waits to see what 2013 brings. Good luck everyone. Smile

bjw123456789

Rank 4
PostedJan 10, 2013 9:06 am
I spend quite a bit of AP on shaiya, and im very unhappy of where shaiya's customer service is right now. Waiting 12 days on tickets, server crashes, bugs etc. The only reason I keep getting AP is because I need to upgrade my gears.

netRam59

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2013 9:10 am
what happened to aeria jobs in september 2013 like the OP mentioned??

Zimmey4

Rank 1
Zimmey4
PostedJan 10, 2013 11:18 am
netRam59 wrote:

Look at the posts that contain "Superman0X on 2012-09-06" using the link provided below

http://www.aeriagames.com/search/forum/en/no+longer+with+aeria?author=Superman0X

netRam59

Rank 0
PostedJan 10, 2013 11:21 am
Zimmey4 wrote:
netRam59 wrote:

Look at the posts that contain "Superman0X on 2012-09-06" using the link provided below

http://www.aeriagames.com/search/forum/en/no+longer+with+aeria?author=Superman0X  

Did these employees leave, or did they get fired? what was this for...?